It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Belarusian govt had arrested an opposition member For 10/11 years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Dispute creating a mess in Libya and regime change having failed in Syria and creating a mess in Afghanistan. It looks like their focused on bringing down the only Russian government ally in Eastern Europe and that is Belarus.

Its no secret that a number of NGOs had being problary training opposition members to start protest or regime protest in Belarus. I do believe that Putin did remind the west and NATO that Russians have a clear defining red line.

In Belarus. The Belarusian govt had arrested an opposition member. This article states the reasons for the arrest of her and why.
Maksim Znak sentenced to 11 and 10 years in prison

respectively, on charges “calls for action against national security” (Part 3 of Art. 361), “conspiracy to seize power in an unconstitutional manner” (Part 1 of Art. 357) and “creation and administration of an extremist formation” (Part 1 of Art. 361-1 of the Criminal Code).

While Afghanistan is mess why are some focused trying to push a regime change in Belarus?
edit on 6-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Libya's civil war still isn't even over. For the past two week which went unreported by most MSM outlets fighting had continued in parts of Libya and in the capital with rival factions and gangs.

Worst Tripoli fighting in a year shows limits of Libya peace push

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Nothing new for Belarus, aka the last dictatorship in Europe.

Funny how not one democratic free country recognises the results of the 2020 elections... I know I know, 'free' countries on lockdown lol but at least we come up with excuses huh?

What's Lukashenko's excuse for locking opposition up, silencing reporters and generally wishing he was still a Soviet?

All those protestors last year were paid provocateurs, Soros probably paid them. That blatant violation of aviation treaties had some hilarious excuses though... The west provoked us to do it! Which would be totally acceptable if it was a flight from Newcastle full of lads on a stag do. I'd send jets just incase too, that wasn't why that Ryanair flight was intercepted though, was it?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Not sure why you would favor the opposition when they openly called for Immigration and pathway for NATO if the opposition has taken over. And Membership with EU.

Maybe at this point we should call the EU an EU Empire?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I thought that said locked up for 10101 years

I was thinking, oh the Soviets are back again

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Maybe the cia and politicians want to get rid of a pro-russia country?

Eitherway, its unfortunate for the people who live there.

It's not like Russia cares about any citizen rights either.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I got sentenced to 1011 years once. It was rough, I did the whole thing. Whew.

Wait, I've got to be honest. That's not true. I made that up, I was just trying to be cool. I got paroled after 740 years. Here's my parole photo.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Your mental gymnastics are tremendous, have you considered writing a fantasy book? This may be the right time, you could even possibly make millions out of it

Otherwise, you have a lot of fog in your mind, you can't see clearly. But, that's acceptable, due to your present situation

Your attempt at sarcasm only servers to show a weak side of you. One which, if you were capable of understanding, you would not freely share all around

But oh well, to each their own, right?

I can almost hear the "you are new here, what do you know?" excuse. As if starting an account on a website somehow implies the person was born the day before

Funny how not one democratic free country recognises the results of the 2020 elections

This is magnificent, "democratic free country", such as the FDS in Syria? The ones killing people under US command to publish pictures and call for more support to derail and destroy the future of that country's people?

I mean they had "Democratic" in their name, so that must mean they are looking for the best and supporting the will of the people, right? And beheading or killing innocents in the name of democracy, just to 'effect' change in the west and earn more support from the 'free' world, justifies that, right? "For the greater good", let's take some pictures of civilians we killed, and then blame it on the government so that we get more money and advance our military movement, the one aligning with ISIS behind scenes, but we won't tell you that because we need your money, and guns. So on and so on...

Please...

edit on 6-9-2021 by MonsterGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MonsterGirl

This is magnificent, "democratic free country", such as the FDS in Syria? The ones killing people under US command to publish pictures and call for more support to derail and destroy the future of that country's people?

Ohh that group, yeah I've heard of them. Last I checked they don't have a government, free elections or even a nation. They're irrelevant on the grander schemes of recognised holders of power internationally.

I mean they had "Democratic" in their name, so that must mean they are looking for the best and supporting the will of the people, right? And beheading or killing innocents in the name of democracy, just to 'effect' change in the west and earn more support from the 'free' world, justifies that, right? "For the greater good", let's take some pictures of civilians we killed, and then blame it on the government so that we get more money and advance our military movement, the one aligning with ISIS behind scenes, but we won't tell you that because we need your money, and guns. So on and so on...

I'm not sure what a wannabe army has to do with a sovereign nation like Belarus. Yes their was some sarcasm in my post yet I feel it served me well in cutting a couple of hundred words into simple sentences that reflects my view on the western world aka the 'free world'. Nobody is perfect and that definitely applies to people's and their idea of banding together as regions or nations.

Yet my point that Belarus is a nation under a dictatorship stands. You'll have to explain the mental gymnastics though, maybe I'll Invent a brain gym to go with my fantasy books? All I said was facts.

Breaking aviation treaties - fact
Dodgy elections - fact
Silencing of journalists and opposition - fact

Dictatorship? Smells like one to me. I may be wrong about the wannabe Soviet remark though

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Who favours the opposition?

That's a lot of assumption on your part. Personally I'd call the EU a federation of nations and nation states that doesn't have the best system of governance. That said here in the UK we have unelected lords too, I'm usually against such things yet I'd be a hypocrite to say they've been 100% useless, I'd say it's about 99%....

As for NATO, it's not the EU. Russia are welcome to join either if it sorts itself out a little. Same goes for Turkey and the EU, as it stands I think the collective should remove them from NATO in all honesty.

top topics

join