It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas, its time for forced vasectomies.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape
it’s your blaming of the child that is at fault, they are the definition of innocence

I'm not blaming 'the child'. Maybe you should go back and re-read my posts.

I'm empathising with people who are likely in extremely difficult positions, facing personal and financial ruin, ostracisation from their families and loved ones who have had a choice taken away because of a mistake.

I'm standing up for women who may develop long term health issues by being forced to go to term.

I'm standing up for the rights of women who have been raped, or have been victims of incest.

I'm saying that there is too much pressure on women in general in these situations.

It's interesting how - across all of these replies - 95% of them don't address male responsibility, or my original premise. It's like people actually believe men have no part in this process. They do, and its not just in drafting laws restricting women's rights.

And as I've said numerous times

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Littlebatman

Fortunately, as a consenting adult, there are plenty of cheap and effective ways you can avoid unwanted pregnancy, and these measures also prevent an unborn baby from being killed.

1. Use protection
2. Use other contraceptives such as the pill or the coil
3. Don't have sex

The top two are very close to 100% effective, number 3 is 100% effective, and should 1 or 2 not work, there is adoption.

Grow the # up. You absolutely have control over what you do with your own body, you just don't have a right over someone else's body. Just rubber up. My fiancé and I aren't ready for a baby, if she got pregnant it would be difficult news to deal with at this point. We use condoms. And we both fully accept that if one of my little guys manages to get through anyway, that's something we have to accept, because we're grown ups.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

Who do you think the constitution still holds meaning for?

Persons that are born and under the jurisdiction of the United States.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
All men who have to pay child support on three children by three mothers should get one last DNA test and if found to be the father and they miss support payments they should be clipped, .
why should i as a taxpayer pay for this guy's children

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

the woman's right to life as pregnancy complications could injure her, permanently change her physiology and possibly kill her.

Driving a car could possibly kill her. Swimming at the beach could possibly kill her. Any number of innocuous things could possibly kill her. Are you arguing that we should somehow be able to ensure no woman ever dies from anything?

I don't think I have ever heard of any law that would refuse life-saving medical treatment in the case of a pregnancy gone wrong. You are using a strawman argument.

Between 700-800 women in the US die per year during childbirth or from complications by the way.

How is that possible? Abortion is legal! No woman can possibly die from a pregnancy as long as abortion is legal, right?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's interesting how - across all of these replies - 95% of them don't address male responsibility, or my original premise.

I have yet to see anyone deny male responsibility. Take your blinders off. Every time someone mentions contraception, they are talking make responsibility. Condoms? They don't fit women, dude. Need an anatomy lesson?

(Yes, I know they make female condoms now... and I also know they are more trouble than they are worth. I'm not talking about those.)

As to your ridiculous premise... all that did was let everyone know you hate men. The fact is that there are solutions for either party:

Men can use a condom; women can use the pill. Women also have additional options such as the morning after pill and others. All are reversible as simply as not taking the pill or pulling off a condom.

Men can have a vasectomy; women can have a hysterectomy. Both are only technically reversible; there is no guarantee. They are still considered permanent.

You are demanding that the most permanent option be used on men only, on all men, over some concern that somewhere, somehow, someone might be inconvenienced by a baby. You also completely ignore the potential birth control solutions that are easily available to anyone. Finally, you ignore the fact that the vast, vast majority of abortions are on women who consented to the encounter. If that's not the definition of ridiculous, I don't know what is.

The sad truth is you want sex without consequences, and you think contraception is too much trouble for your entitled little behind.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Persons that are born and under the jurisdiction of the United States.

What? Not illegal aliens? When did you change that stance?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

At least that idea has some sense behind it. After three different women and three different children out of wedlock, in a time frame that is so short that they don't finish one obligation before getting another one, the man has indeed proved he is being irresponsible.

That is actually something I could consider.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I have yet to see anyone deny male responsibility. Take your blinders off. Every time someone mentions contraception, they are talking make responsibility. Condoms? They don't fit women, dude. Need an anatomy lesson?

(Yes, I know they make female condoms now... and I also know they are more trouble than they are worth. I'm not talking about those.)

No anatomy lesson needed. Such things fail occasionally. This law makes no allowance for it. Do you need a reality lesson?

As to your ridiculous premise... all that did was let everyone know you hate men. The fact is that there are solutions for either party:

Being a man, I'm fairly sure I don't hate myself, or others of my kind, although maybe certain people in this thread are pushing it.

Men can use a condom; women can use the pill. Women also have additional options such as the morning after pill and others. All are reversible as simply as not taking the pill or pulling off a condom.

...and all can fail, for one reason or another.

Men can have a vasectomy; women can have a hysterectomy. Both are only technically reversible; there is no guarantee. They are still considered permanent.

You are demanding that the most permanent option be used on men only, on all men, over some concern that somewhere, somehow, someone might be inconvenienced by a baby. You also completely ignore the potential birth control solutions that are easily available to anyone. Finally, you ignore the fact that the vast, vast majority of abortions are on women who consented to the encounter. If that's not the definition of ridiculous, I don't know what is.

This from the person who is ignoring that taking a pregnancy to term is permanent, in terms of psychology and physiology. But to you that's ok because it's only permanent to women, which is evident when you say

" the vast, vast majority of abortions are on women who consented to the encounter"

Which is by far the most misogynistic phrase in a thread full of misogyny. The man didn't consent then? I'm fairly sure that in the vast majority of pregnancies (all, unless its UVF with a sperm donor) the man did. I'm also fairly sure that in the majority of unplanned pregnancies it is the man who does not want the responsibility, and I'm fairly sure that many, many abortions in those circumstances are the result of male pressure.

The sad truth is you want sex without consequences, and you think contraception is too much trouble for your entitled little behind.

TheRedneck

The sad truth here - evident from your post, from your first assumption about my gender, through your outright misogyny and back to your last assumption here - is you think that women are beneath you, and deserve all they get.

By the way, nothing says 'entitlement' and 'self importance' like signing off a post on a forum that already gives your screen name.

edit on 11-9-2021 by Littlebatman because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2021 by Littlebatman because: Typo's

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Littlebatman

originally posted by: poncho1982
That's right, because THAT is NOT their body.

Tell me how long a 7 week old fetus will live for outside of womb, and then explain to me your case for saying that the woman's body has no place in all this and she has no rights to what happens to her.

Given the monthly menstruation cycle, and the fact that it can be delayed due to all number of factors, most women don't even know they are pregnant until after 6 weeks.

Imagine your mother, sister, wife, girlfriend or daughter being raped by a stranger or family member, and finding out that the stress of the event itself isn't what has stopped her period, and instead that she's pregnant 7 weeks in. This law mandates she cannot abort the pregnancy, and every single day for the next 9 months, not only is she having to recover from the initial event, but she's also carrying the bastard child of the scumbag who did it to her as her entire physiology has to change to accommodate it in an endless reminder of the event.

You think that is just and right and fair?

If you do then you are one sick puppy.

LOL, but you know that's not what the vast majority of abortions are from.

And yes the mother is the caretaker of the fetus, that in no way grants the right of murder.

The "choice" should have been made prior to the creation of a new life.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

No anatomy lesson needed. Such things fail occasionally. This law makes no allowance for it. Do you need a reality lesson?

Oh, no.... you don't get to swap goalposts whenever you want. That was in reference to the statement you made claiming that no one was expecting men to do their part. There are male contraceptives. Figure it out.

Being a man, I'm fairly sure I don't hate myself, or others of my kind

You just want to be forced to have a vasectomy. Riiiiight...

...and all can fail, for one reason or another.

Which means one is still taking a risk. That's how life works.

This from the person who is ignoring that taking a pregnancy to term is permanent

It is impossible for something "taken to term" to be permanent. The very idea of taking something to term means following through until termination. One cannot terminate that which is permanent.

Apparently you need a dictionary as well.

" the vast, vast majority of abortions are on women who consented to the encounter"

Which is by far the most misogynistic phrase in a thread full of misogyny. The man didn't consent then?

Add reading comprehension to that list.

Stating that one person gave consent does not in any way imply the other did not. Neither does stating a fact imply misogyny. What exactly is misogynistic about consensual sex between two consenting adults?

Stop twisting my words. You're doing just fine trying to twist your own.

The sad truth here - evident from your post, from your first assumption about my gender, through your outright misogyny and back to your last assumption here - is you think that women are beneath you, and deserve all they get.

First of all, I never said you were female. I said you hated men. You assumed... incorrectly. Your screen name is littlebatman. It is quite possible for a person to hate themselves.

Second of all, disagreeing with some [SNIP] who cannot comprehend that the world does not work the way he thinks it should is not the definition of "misogynistic." Look it up.

Finally, stating that both people involved in a mutual action hold similar responsibilities is not considering one as "beneath me." As a matter of fact, I read some of your posts to my wife. Her response was along the lines of "Just who the HELL does this guy think he is?" Oh, and since you apparently are unable to comprehend past things directly pointed out to you (and sometimes not even then). my wife is a woman. She is also the proud mother of two great kids... and I am the father of two great kids. Both times, we were advised to abort. Thank God above we did not.

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that this forum, ATS, is a community of regular contributors. It is built around the idea of debate of ideas and factual information. Your posts have been ridiculously hateful, your logic is twisted, you continually make up what you think someone else said, and you berate anyone who states facts. You have pretty much already lost any respect from me, and I assume from a great many other members. Keep it up and you'll wind up being looked down upon yourself.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Oh, no.... you don't get to swap goalposts whenever you want. That was in reference to the statement you made claiming that no one was expecting men to do their part. There are male contraceptives. Figure it out.

No goalposts moved by me. Maybe you should actually read my posts.

You just want to be forced to have a vasectomy. Riiiiight...

No, what I want is for the GOP law makers to be held as personally responsible as they are asking women to be. As they have made laws controlling a woman's body, the male side also needs to be regulated.

Which means one is still taking a risk. That's how life works.

And all of the risk is bourne by.... the woman.

It is impossible for something "taken to term" to be permanent. The very idea of taking something to term means following through until termination. One cannot terminate that which is permanent.

For someone who professes to be intelligent, that's kind of a dumb thing to say.

So, let's look at your argument there in more detail shall we?

A newborn child is a permanent addition.
The physiological effects of maternity and childbirth are permanent.
The psychological scars of (potentially) being raped and forced to have your rapists/family members child are permanent.
Conversely, the psychological, financial and overall responsibility of accidentally conceiving are also permanent, not to mention with having to deal with moral, political and religious crusaders who will try and dictate what's best for you.

'Taken to term' in this case refers to the actual pregnancy. There is more to this whole subject than just 9 months.

Stating that one person gave consent does not in any way imply the other did not. Neither does stating a fact imply misogyny. What exactly is misogynistic about consensual sex between two consenting adults?

Stop twisting my words. You're doing just fine trying to twist your own.

No word twisting needed. Your statement is there for everyone to read. You directly laid this whole issue on women.

First of all, I never said you were female. I said you hated men. You assumed... incorrectly. Your screen name is littlebatman. It is quite possible for a person to hate themselves.

You delight in calling yourself 'The Redneck' - is you neck actually red? No wait... its a pseudonym. Don't try and cover up your mistake. The tone of your post is enough to show you thought I was female and have a disregard for men.

Second of all, disagreeing with some [SNIP] who cannot comprehend that the world does not work the way he thinks it should is not the definition of "misogynistic." Look it up.

Your entire post - not the fact you disagree with me (I expect no less from your posting history) reads as close to the definition of misogyny as you can get.

Finally, stating that both people involved in a mutual action hold similar responsibilities is not considering one as "beneath me." As a matter of fact

But you didn't say that, did you? You laid it right at the feet of women only.

I read some of your posts to my wife. Her response was along the lines of "Just who the HELL does this guy think he is?" Oh, and since you apparently are unable to comprehend past things directly pointed out to you (and sometimes not even then). my wife is a woman

And here me thinking she was a man. Not that its relevant mind, but you'd have been calling her husband if she was male. I know you right-wing religious types have issues with all that kind of thing. As for her comment, I'm just some guy on the internet. Who the HELL does she think you are? (you're just some guy on the internet, just so its clear)

She is also the proud mother of two great kids... and I am the father of two great kids. Both times, we were advised to abort. Thank God above we did not.

Thats nice. Good for you. Well done.

But here's the deal - what irf she'd been raped, gone past the 6 weeks and was forced to carry a child through a full term pregnancy (and I know, she wasn't, but just THINK about that and the effect on her for a minute or two before you open your mouth - or start typing. I also hope with all of my heart that neither of your kids are female, because you may be having this conversation with them one day.

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that this forum, ATS, is a community of regular contributors. It is built around the idea of debate of ideas and factual information. Your posts have been ridiculously hateful, your logic is twisted, you continually make up what you think someone else said, and you berate anyone who states facts. You have pretty much already lost any respect from me, and I assume from a great many other members. Keep it up and you'll wind up being looked down upon yourself.

Ah. The old 'you must be new here and therefore I'm going to try and pull rank on you' argument.

Here's the deal, I've been here from the start. I've lurked, contributed under other names, lurked some more, been on and off and know exactly how this forum works. You can try and paint it as some angelic debate forum but its not.

"That's what the mud pit is for" - right?

I don't need your respect, and if you don't like my threads, stay out of them - that is the advice you give to members about posts isn't it?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No goalposts moved by me.

Liar.

the male side also needs to be regulated.

Including you.

And all of the risk is bourne by.... the woman.

I assume you have never heard of child support. What are you, 8? 9?

A newborn child is a permanent addition.

To the population, maybe. To a family that adopts the child, maybe. But that is a choice the family makes, something they actually desire.

Adoption is a distinct possibility if a woman does not wish to raise the child. The only thing this Texas law requires of any woman is they do not kill the child first.

The physiological effects of maternity and childbirth are permanent.

Boy, you do need that anatomy book. No, they're not, a few medical conditions notwithstanding. A woman is not crippled after giving birth.

Becky Lynch just returned to the WWE after taking time off to have a baby. She competes in a very strenuous and stressful sport. She is just as good as she was before she gave birth.

The psychological scars of (potentially) being raped and forced to have your rapists/family members child are permanent.

Every woman who is pregnant was not raped. You need to understand that. Do you even know what rape is?

Conversely, the psychological, financial and overall responsibility of accidentally conceiving are also permanent, not to mention with having to deal with moral, political and religious crusaders who will try and dictate what's best for you.

Ah, here it is... "but I didn't want to get pregnant! Waaaah! Waaaah! Somebody make it all go away!"

Let's try that logic on other actions people take...

"But I didn't want to have a car wreck at 100 miles an hour and break my back! Waaaah! Waaaah! Someone make it all go away!"

"But I didn't want to have a heart attack from ignoring my cholesterol! Waaaah! Waaaah! Someone make it all go away!"

"But I didn't want to be arrested for shooting that man! Waaaaah! Waaaaah! Someone make it all go away!"

"But I didn't want to be attacked by a shark when I was swimming! Waaaaah! Waaaah! Someone make it all go away."

Or my favorite: "But I don't want to listen to ignorant arguments! Waaaaah! Waaaaah! You go away!"

'Taken to term' in this case refers to the actual pregnancy. There is more to this whole subject than just 9 months.

Dude, a pregnancy in a human lasts nine months. After that, the child exits and the pregnancy is over. Full physical recovery from the birth is typically complete within another month whether or not the child was alive or dead when born.

And I'm done trying to reason with this kind of ignorance. Have a nice day.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

And I'm done trying to reason with this kind of ignorance. Have a nice day.

Having a great one now the resident misogynist is off the thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join