It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas, its time for forced vasectomies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yep, you read that right.

As the Texas (Gilead?) GOP has decreed that women don't have rights over their own bodies, it only seems fair that the same should apply to men.

As such, a motion should be bought before the legislature to insist that all males receive vasectomies as they reach puberty. Modern medical procedures mean that such things can be reversed if need be (but its not guaranteed.)

I wonder how long it would take such a motion to be thrown out?

I also wonder though, if one was brought up, what the arguments would be against it, because it (literally) takes two to tango and it's only the women that are paying the price.

It's time for men to put their money (and tackle) where their mouth is.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Littlebatman

"it's only the women that are paying the price".

And so says the better part of recorded history.

Texas chattel, nothing more nothing less.

And in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No, its the same for both men and women. No abortions for either, even if the man has a sex change, and wears skirts.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Found a loophole that works to reassert bodily autonomy as a man and as a pregnant woman, I have no problem with not snuffing out a heartbeat.

Although I do have a problem with transphobic Biden here mis-gendering me.

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmMonday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I get why you are angry enough to suggest something like this.

I think you have picked the wrong target here though.

You are advocating forced medical intervention for one thing, in a country that will not treat people who need help because of illness.

Secondly, your statement about it being reversible is about as truthful as what the average Texas republican spouts about this ne abortion law there. It just isn't true, there is a massive failure rate when it comes to trying to reverse this procedure.

I do think that the Texas snitch bill needs killing, but this is the wrong way, you are just going to disadvantage even more poor people.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

No national health service but a right as to what can and cannot grow in a woman's body.

How's that for insurance?

Talk about one rule for some and another for the rest.

12 o'clock midnight crap-bag decrees, let see how far that flies constitutional wise.

Shameful and they darn well know it in spades.

edit on 6-9-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
You are advocating forced medical intervention for one thing, in a country that will not treat people who need help because of illness.

That's the point. Refusing an abortion is a forced medical intervention.

We live in an age of (supposed) equality, however the Taliban'esque nature of the law certainly doesn't support that theory.

If old men and religious ideologists want their way, they should also have consequences.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

My close friend payed a dear price. He wanted a child his whole life, and after he was married, his wife snuck out and aborted his baby. She murdered his child. He was devastated. Later she went out and had an affair with her best friends husband, and stole him from her. Whataho. My buddy finally did have a daughter with another woman, which he adored, and raised by himself. She grew up into a wonderful lovely selfless woman, and was recently married, and will be starting a family of her own now.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

"it's only the women that are paying the price"

Well, that and the little baby inside who will be murdered...but other than that.

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SprocketUK

No national health service but a right as to what can and cannot grow in a woman's body.

How that fore insurance?

Talk about one rule for some and another for the rest.

12 o'clock midnight crapbag decrees, let see how far that flies constitutional wise.

Shameful and they darn well know it in spades.

They really jumped the shark this time, the whole country is a mess, they have a nuke for every hundred thousand people but they will not pay for anyone to get essential medical treatment they need.

Afghanistan and Texas are closer than would make many people comfortable.

+13 more 
link   

An unborn child has it's own unique DNA sequence.

An unborn child is living, growing.

An unborn child is human.

Abortion is the deliberate act of ending the life of an unborn living, growing, innocent human being simply because it existed.

All of my statements are facts and cannot be disputed.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Littlebatman

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That's the point. Refusing an abortion is a forced medical intervention.

We live in an age of (supposed) equality, however the Taliban'esque nature of the law certainly doesn't support that theory.

If old men and religious ideologists want their way, they should also have consequences.

No it is withholding treatment, I don't agree with it, but seriously, this is some soylent green level stuff you are advocating.

link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You don't get children by praying mate.

Fact is you need to bump and grind.

And a biological father is all well and good but a true Man takes care of his responsibilities, or someone else's if must, because, well what else would they do?

Good luck to his daughter, wish her, you, him, all the best.

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

My close friend payed a dear price. He wanted a child his whole life, and after he was married, his wife snuck out and aborted his baby. She murdered his child. He was devastated. Later she went out and had an affair with her best friends husband, and stole him from her. Whataho. My buddy finally did have a daughter with another woman, which he adored, and raised by himself. She grew up into a wonderful lovely selfless woman, and was recently married, and will be starting a family of her own now.

What...whoa...wait! You're saying men can also be victimized by this process. Pashah I say, pashah!

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Women going to be signing up for the draft too?

Besides, banning an elective surgery is not the same as forcing an elective surgery.

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

My close friend payed a dear price. He wanted a child his whole life, and after he was married, his wife snuck out and aborted his baby. She murdered his child.

So you're saying her thoughts on it were irrelevant?

It was 'his'. Not hers, not their's, just his.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

An unborn child has it's own unique DNA sequence.

An unborn child is living, growing.

An unborn child is human.

Abortion is the deliberate act of ending the life of an unborn living, growing, innocent human being simply because it existed.

All of my statements are facts and cannot be disputed.

Well, buckle up buttercup, because they're going to dispute them anyway...

+4 more 
link   

They have the right to birth control

They have the right to the day after pill

They have the right to kill their baby early in the pregnancy

What is the fascination with the left on killing their damned babies? I get PP obsession with fetal tissue sales but damned, that is just wicked.

Yes, I would be glad to have my taxes go to free pre pregnancy birth control. Condoms and birth control pills for everyone.
edit on 6-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Mostly it is only a potential human being, especially over there with your third world healthcare system

You gonna start going around and policing people's wank socks for the potential lost humans too?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hate to break it to you but in this century women serve in the armed forces alongside men. Maybe you should catch up a bit?

Denying a choice is denying a choice, whether its banned or forced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join