It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban have declared victory over the province of Panjshir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The Resistance denies they have been beaten but footage has been released of Taliban fighters raising their flag at the Panjshir's provincial governor's office.

In an audio recording posted on social media Ahmad Massoud, leader of the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan (NRF), blamed the international community for legitimising the Taliban and giving them military and political confidence.

"Wherever you are, inside or outside, I call on you to begin a national uprising for the dignity, freedom and prosperity of our country," he said.

"The Taliban haven't captured Panjshir," Ali Maisam, spokesman for the NRF, earlier told the BBC, saying he was "rejecting Taliban claims".

A tweet from the group's Twitter handle also said: "The struggle against the Taliban & their partners will continue until justice & freedom prevails."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Looks like the Taliban are going to get a taste of their own medicine but as always it's the civilians who will suffer and refugee numbers will rise.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That was quick. It's not looking good for that country's citizens. I'm sure somehow America will become involved again. I just saw a post about 4 planes full of Americans being held hostage in Kabuls airport.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah..somehow im thinking that the footage might be old or they are using CGI to make propaganda. I do not believe the taliban at all. WHy? because if it was true the spokesman would be dead.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

WHy? because if it was true the spokesman would be dead.

Or he isn't in Panjshir , pretty sure the resistance wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket.
I think it likely the Taliban have taken the Provincial Capital but don't control all of the territory due to its terrain.
edit on 6-9-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: yuppa

WHy? because if it was true the spokesman would be dead.

Or he isn't in Panjshir , pretty sure the resistance wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket.
I think it likely the Taliban have taken the Provincial Capital but don't control all of the territory due to its terrain.

True. well wouldnt be the first time they used caves.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Was always going to happen sooner than later, totally surrounded? were they hoping for airdrops from somebody?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well now that we know where their at supposedly perhaps they are baiting dumpster fire to send a hellfire through the front door?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Is it just me ,why is it the same 4 Taliban I keep seeing in videos?
Are these dudes like their posterboys?
The most Talibani looking Taliban?

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And so now the Talibs are within a stones throw of ready-to-fire nuclear weapons from their friends in the Pakistan Talib; I wonder which country will be the first to go? Apparently just one nuke going off anywhere is enough to change the weather patterns worldwide, so perhaps the first to get blown to bits will be the lucky ones..?

new topics

top topics

join