It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting About the Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

OMG, this is too true and funny not to share. Enjoy! I love Ryan Long BTW the guy is a genius.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Claaaaaasic! When I was watching that I began to realize that it might spell out why I (and people like me) are drawn to ATS, we're tired of fighting and want to discuss. I believe (empirically) that most of the members on this site are anti-vax, with some exceptions of course (lookin' at you Phage). Typically when a thread starts with new vax issues, the majority of posts that follow are a hodge-podge of anti-vax sentiment, and people more or less seem in agreement. I think perhaps we are unable to find such like-minded people in society and our daily lives, and there's something cathartic to letting the freedom of our thoughts and minds out on display.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

Claaaaaasic! When I was watching that I began to realize that it might spell out why I (and people like me) are drawn to ATS, we're tired of fighting and want to discuss. I believe (empirically) that most of the members on this site are anti-vax, with some exceptions of course (lookin' at you Phage). Typically when a thread starts with new vax issues, the majority of posts that follow are a hodge-podge of anti-vax sentiment, and people more or less seem in agreement. I think perhaps we are unable to find such like-minded people in society and our daily lives, and there's something cathartic to letting the freedom of our thoughts and minds out on display.

I disagree with Phage on a lot of topics, but I will say this about him: he is very honest. I have never caught him in a lie. Not even once.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I am not anti-vax. I do not agree that this vaccine technology was tested properly and I do not believe that it is safe for a lot of people long term. Maybe five to ten percent of people will have overall negative effects over the long term from the mRNA vaccine. The Johnson has it's problems too. Just because I do not believe in their science where the data is collected in a way that is wrong for science or they discount problems as not related to the vaccine to make the numbers look better does not mean I am an anti-vaxer, it means I am skeptical of human nature and misinterpretations by people who will have their prestige hammered or lose their jobs if they allow the whole truth to come out.

I have seen very little real science promoted for this virus, the evidence is all twisted out of context.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DreadKnock

I disagree with Phage on a lot of topics, but I will say this about him: he is very honest. I have never caught him in a lie. Not even once.

I'm fairly new and have just noticed he often comes down on the minority position and that he often takes a beating (or shoutout) for it. I was just invoking his name in a bit of humor...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I am not anti-vax. I do not agree that this vaccine technology was tested properly and I do not believe that it is safe for a lot of people long term. Maybe five to ten percent of people will have overall negative effects over the long term from the mRNA vaccine. The Johnson has it's problems too. Just because I do not believe in their science where the data is collected in a way that is wrong for science or they discount problems as not related to the vaccine to make the numbers look better does not mean I am an anti-vaxer, it means I am skeptical of human nature and misinterpretations by people who will have their prestige hammered or lose their jobs if they allow the whole truth to come out.

I have seen very little real science promoted for this virus, the evidence is all twisted out of context.

That's actually an excellent point. You just made me realize that the term 'anti-vax' is fairly inaccurate and has been used to lump everyone into a sole category, thereby unfairly polarizing the argument. Totally agree with what you're saying. To say you're anti-vax would mean your against vaccination all together, but a lot of people come down against what is happening presently without being against vaccination as a general rule. In a way there's a bit of news speak here. I hadn't really thought of that until you clarified and defended your positions, and so I thank you.

top topics

join