It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie fossil found!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...
Well I guess this *may* show that plesiosaurs did live around there and maybe some still do.
Unless of course it was planted

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Huh. It is funny, I have been obsessed with Loch Ness for like 8 years and my only response is "Huh.".

I would like to believe it, but it sounds like it was a plant as you said Fry2. MAybe along the lines of the hippo-foot hoax.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well...if it is real and if plesiosaurs still exist...couldn't they have survived the Ice age by getting there body heat low, very low and they were revived when the Ice age was over? like when lizards or other cold blooded animals sleep when their cold.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Curiosity]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about that. Most experts believe that dinosaurs may have in fact been warm-blooded, or maybe some sort of combination between warm and cold. If they were cold-blooded and they did hibernate (or shut down their functions, whatever), where would they go? Toads bury themselves in mud, snakes go into holes and crevices, but where would a gigantic sea-dwelling dinosaur go? If it just sat in the ocean it may have been killed by those giant crocs, or my namesake. Unless it went into some sort of underground chambers, but then how would it breath...

I think I may have heard something about alligators digging holes underwater to do this in, but I cannot remember if they had some sort of air supply or not. Again, all this is assuming that they were cold-blooded.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What is a Loch Ness? Is it along Big Foot,? Like not accepted by the scientific community because there was no proof found, or what?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
*gasps*

Jesus man, you NEED to visit this site if you ever want to enter the cryptozoology forum again and not get stoned!

CLICK ME TO STOP THE STONE-THROWING

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Megalodon]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   
surfup... how old are you. You must be pretty young if you don't know what Loch Ness is, let alone the Loch Ness Monster.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Guys, Coelacanth was said to be extinct. Scientists now believe that thriving populations exist today from South America to Indonesia. The ever-elusive Giant Squid has been captured via videotape. I think the reason we are just seeing these squid is because, for so long, we have been looking in the wrong places. Mammoth carcass have been found frozen solid. Some have eaten the very flesh.

I have no problem with the "existence" of a "live" plesiosaur.....named "Nessie".

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The ever-elusive Giant Squid has been captured via videotape.

Wow, I am surprised I haven't heard of that. You have a link or something?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What is Loch Ness? surfup must be joking. What is the name of the simillar creature spotted in Canada?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megalodon

The giant squid hasn't been captured on film alive has it? I thought we just knew of it from their bodies washing up on beaches.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In Norway we have a similar story to the Loch Ness Monster. In a lake called Seljordsvannet people have spotted a giant water snake called Seljordsormen for ages. Some of the really devoted people believes that there are underground/water caves which connects Seljordsvannet with Loch Ness, something that seems a bit bizarre to me, but who knows?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
What is Loch Ness? surfup must be joking. What is the name of the simillar creature spotted in Canada?

"Champ"from lake Champlain.

mistwebdesign.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The giant squid hasn't been captured on film alive has it? I thought we just knew of it from their bodies washing up on beaches.

I thought the same thing Freddie, I thought there was only 1 one eyewitness report, and certainly no video footage...

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

hehe, Freddie......I didn't specify if "alive" or "dead"...I mentioned caught on videotape.

The statement is true is it not? hehe
Point is, if it washes ashore....then the species exists....
regards
seekerof

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Here's something to think about also...hehe

What you think?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What you think?

That it really made my day!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Damn Seekerof, I was getting all excited about that video
! Just playing

Whoa, awesome picture by the way, cool stuff!

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a hoax. This fossil wouldn't just show up on the shoreline, and the tides aren't even remotely strong enough on Loch Ness to wash it ashore.

I don't believe in the monster anyway, far too cold in Scotland for a cold blooded reptile to survive.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

I don't believe in the monster anyway, far too cold in Scotland for a cold blooded reptile to survive.

See my previous posts.

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by Megalodon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join