It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd sighting i got a good video of

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
so obviously I don't think this is a ufo, just something strange.

i was sitting in my chair when I saw this BRRRRRIIIIIIGGGGHHHT light that i thought was VERY VERY low for how bright it was, as it got closer i could see at least the red light of what I assume is a wing tip.

the main light was a dull orange but was putting off allot of light if that makes sense, a dull light putting off allot of light..lol. it was more flat in color rather than dull

there was some noise but there was other traffic in the air at the time but was very quite from inside the house.

when you watch the video when it comes from behind the trees ignore the reflection it makes of its self in the lens.

here it is i was only able to get a few seconds of it but its a good few seconds.

With my own eyes i could tell this was not a normal aircraft and how lpw and how quite it was makes it not a normal aircraft.

very odd

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
so obviously I don't think this is a ufo, just something strange.

i was sitting in my chair when I saw this BRRRRRIIIIIIGGGGHHHT light that i thought was VERY VERY low for how bright it was, as it got closer i could see at least the red light of what I assume is a wing tip.

the main light was a dull orange but was putting off allot of light if that makes sense, a dull light putting off allot of light..lol. it was more flat in color rather than dull

there was some noise but there was other traffic in the air at the time but was very quite from inside the house.

when you watch the video when it comes from behind the trees ignore the reflection it makes of its self in the lens.

here it is i was only able to get a few seconds of it but its a good few seconds.

With my own eyes i could tell this was not a normal aircraft and how lpw and how quite it was makes it not a normal aircraft.

very odd

Where was this, approximately and what was the direction of flight? Not asking you to give any personally identifying information.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Well, anything in flight that one cannot identify is, by definition, a UFO. So, you filmed a UFO, though the red light is almost definitely a return marker. Red Right Return.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

someone told me a story once that the red light is red because of ships shipping so much port(the drink) that port was made because they tried to boil wine down to save room on the ships. but it didn't work and they called the 'drink' port.

hence red light is on the port side'

tangent over, I don't even know if that's true.

I cant tell you how odd it looked, it looked like it should have been attached to something HUGE by the size of and the kind of light.

but as it passed by there was VERY little sound and it didn't seem big at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Rochester ny and looked like east to west at a slight deviation to the west

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Looks like some type of space debris in a atmospheric burn..

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Sorry but this clearly looked like an UFO great footage. I dont think i had ever seen an normal aircraft with that kind of lights before let alone on a military.

Maybe the first object let go a secondary drone?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It cetinly was odd

the reason i think it was an aircraft was because in the reflection in the IR filter you can almost see a red wing light.

but thats like seeing faces in clouds

if it was space junk it was on a very flat trajectory

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

someone told me a story once that the red light is red because of ships shipping so much port(the drink) that port was made because they tried to boil wine down to save room on the ships. but it didn't work and they called the 'drink' port.

hence red light is on the port side'

tangent over, I don't even know if that's true.

I cant tell you how odd it looked, it looked like it should have been attached to something HUGE by the size of and the kind of light.

but as it passed by there was VERY little sound and it didn't seem big at all.

That's an interesting piece of history, true or not, it certainly makes sense. I was a helicopter pilot in the Army, and Red Right Return was just something we learned. Most of our hours were at night so an aircraft coming at you or going away might not be immediately discernable. If, however, the red light was on the right side (blue would be on the other side) that meant the front of the aircraft was facing toward you, hence coming at you.

You might want to describe what it sounded like. You say it was very quiet, but perhaps you could go into a bit more detail. I didn't hear anything on the video.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It cetinly was odd

the reason i think it was an aircraft was because in the reflection in the IR filter you can almost see a red wing light.

but thats like seeing faces in clouds

if it was space junk it was on a very flat trajectory

And way to slow...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

well I was indoors so take that for whatever its worth

it just sounded like a big turbine aircraft faraway but it clearly isn't far away.

if I didn't see the light I would have just assumed it was a big cargo jet landing in the city

but nothing interesting, other than the fact there was nothing interesting. you would think if it was a chopper with a light that big it would be a police chopper and our city doesnt have one especially where i live.

if it were a jet with a light that bright it would have to be landing lights and there is NO where to land other than some very small home fliers and the whole lack of noise thing

also interesting the orange light was VERY bright in IR

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hi penroc3.
Great vid!
I have no idea what it is but there seems to be 2 heat sources. 🤷‍♂️ IDK but I’ve seen A LOT of strange stuff in my many years spent offshore.

On another note, red,right,return is used in marine navigation because returning to port, once inside the fairway buoy, which lines you up for the marked channel inbound the red buoys are on your right or starboard side.
Also the words port and starboard, many claims are made but this one holds the most fact to it.
In older days boats did not have rudders but steering boards which were always on the right hand side aft.
When docking you did not want to damage it so it was kept away from the dock. Therefore you had the dock or “Port” side and the steering board or as it became “Starboard” side.
Nautical terms are often odd like why was the port side of ships called the “larboard”? seems that could get confusing but I’m also told it still meant starboard like the way they called a Lieutenant, leftenant. IDK
Head: The net ropework suspended under the bow pulpit to catch sailors working the rigging.
It was also a handy place to spread em to have a dump, hence the term as used today for a toilet.
You’ll see a sailor doing this in the movie Master&Commander while they are beating South to round The Horn. (Guy is freezing his nuts off...ha ha)

There’s tons of terms like this and just as many explanations for them, some ancient.

Cheers

PS....I swiped your vid.....😎. TY!!!
edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: stuff

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: words

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: stuff

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think the staff and mods should move it to the UFO section..

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Sort of looks like the alien ship from Star Trek IV with the ball below the main ship.

Doesn't the CIA have a facility in the finger lakes region? Could be a classified aircraft coming out of there.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

What facility are you reffering to ?
I don't think it is a classified aircraft in this thread but I heard the stealth blackhawk flew at some point from a facility (maybe a civilian airport) in the New York state so I'm just curious

Sorry if this is out of topic

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

That's what I was thinking too.

Check the All Sky Fireball Network tomorrow. The time of 2311 on Sep 5 would be 0311 on Sep 6 UTC, so it should be up then. They have cameras that may have picked up the object if it were moving towards the west.

There was also a big fireball over France and the UK last night, though probably unrelated.
edit on 9/6/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Yes it was a meteor

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
thanks for posting
looks like quite a vapor trail / exhaust
hard to see in the darkness

if shown in real-time speed, way too slow for a meteor

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They been sighting dinosuars in Costa Rica ,Big foot of California and White House aliens on roofs
I saw bright light one nite streak slow accross the sky and next day it was said it was comet I dont know maybe they are doing experiments with the weather?
edit on 6-9-2021 by blackienorton12 because: (no reason given)
or perhaps manned drone flight nite test
edit on 6-9-2021 by blackienorton12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Great job catching the footage not sure how you positioned the camera. But i looked at it again. I really cant say if this is a normal jet fighter.

I dont remember like i said a jet fighter that does something like this. Fireball? if its a fireball why does the second light shine on after a few seconds in the clip?

Makes no sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join