It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon School Superintendent fired over enforcing mask mandate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I wasn't too certain whether this has been posted before. I did a search and didn't see it so I figured I'd post it quickly just in case. If you've seen it please forgive, but there's (obviously) a lot of COVID discussion happing here and I thought some people might enjoy seeing a community taking care of their own business. Personally, I feel kind of bad for the fellow who got fired, he was in a bit of a "rock and hard place" situation, but he made his bed and will be moving on I suppose.

Ok, let's try this one...

www.yahoo.com... =1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABcQsf-g9S4TzOMbuQgoLQAVxWlu664RpD2n8LdsvNLCtgB9F5sBrG1Rhekf6Q4yPqBsQQoFSiJDjIUrO6 crtKKGxeObel0u3YbWEfAPKkmqnAWAcpH1VQFsD2JF5wqXk6PanDEtctB3q8ndMnD7SutD63ff5dtihOixURthZoPC
edit on 5-9-2021 by TheMirrorSelf because: f

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This Onea reply to: TheMirrorSelf
Both links 404

edit on 5-9-2021 by Robbo2006 because: Found link

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf
I wasn't too certain whether this has been posted before. I did a search and didn't see it so I figured I'd post it quickly just in case. If you've seen it please forgive, but there's (obviously) a lot of COVID discussion happing here and I thought some people might enjoy seeing a community taking care of their own business. Personally, I feel kind of bad for the fellow who got fired, he was in a bit of a "rock and hard place" situation, but he made his bed and will be moving on I suppose.

www.eastoregonian.com... 57139887f.html

That first link seemed as though it re-routed me to ads. Let's try this one, seems a bit better...

www.heraldandnews.com... 66f-5595-8146-08c474cfc349.html

I personally believe he over stepped his roll within this school. Good or bad there is procedure to follow. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's a real bitch and a half when non-law-enforcement people have to start prosecuting 😃

[enter the chucky laugh]

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006
This Onea reply to: TheMirrorSelf
Both links 404

Thanks...I think I have a good link now.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

That first link seemed as though it re-routed me to ads. Let's try this one, seems a bit better...

I personally believe he over stepped his roll within this school. Good or bad there is procedure to follow. Thanks for the thread.

It's a bit of a sticky-widget if you ask me. He might have been fired if he hadn't complied with the law. None-the-less, if the people of the district that he presides over says no, then you have to respect the wishes of the people or else you have to go. You know, just like Congress...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The mask mandate by Gov Brown is not a law. Any mask mandate by government is unconstitutional. Of course these days that's just an inconvenient piece of paper signed by people hundreds of years ago and is being ignored. The super should have obeyed the school board.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Fixed link.

op's link

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I wonder who was paying him or telling him to enforce those mask mandates?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Fixed link.

op's link

Thank you my friend...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It's a bit of a sticky-widget if you ask me. He might have been fired if he hadn't complied with the law. None-the-less, if the people of the district that he presides over says no, then you have to respect the wishes of the people or else you have to go. You know, just like Congress...

Learn American civics please, and stop perpetuating the false narrative that a mandate given by a single person is a law.
IT IS NOT.

Here in the U.S. we have this concept of a "legislature" that is elected by the people. The legislature is responsible for drafting bills, pushing them through this representative legislature, and if enough agree, it is passed into law.

A single person, like a governor, cannot make laws.....that is called a dictator.

Get it???

edit on 9/5/2021 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Learn American civics please, and stop perpetuating the false narrative that a mandate given by a single person is a law.
IT IS NOT.

Here in the U.S. we have this concept of a "legislature" that is elected by the people. The legislature is responsible for drafting bills, pushing them through this representative legislature, and if enough agree, it is passed into law.

A single person, like a governor, cannot make laws.....that is called a dictator.

Get it???

Ummm...ok. Firstly, I'm American (the sticky widget thing was kind of a joke I was making with myself). Second of all, ummm...ok. I admit I wasn't really thinking when I penned that, but not the end of the world. A person made the same correction earlier but did so with a modicum of dictum worthy of the Crown. Cheerio!

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

IT IS NOT.

Get it???

Ummm...ok. Firstly, I'm American (the sticky widget thing was kind of a joke I was making with myself). Second of all, ummm...ok. I admit I wasn't really thinking when I penned that, but not the end of the world. A person made the same correction earlier but did so with a modicum of dictum worthy of the Crown. Cheerio!

I'm just sick and tired of people constantly referring to these mandates as laws. Say a lie enough times and people will believe it as fact.

The fact they do not teach civics in schools anymore makes it even worse.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

IT IS NOT.

Get it???

I'm just sick and tired of people constantly referring to these mandates as laws. Say a lie enough times and people will believe it as fact.

The fact they do not teach civics in schools anymore makes it even worse.

I feel your frustration and will try to be more careful in future posts...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nothing in this article explains why the man was fired. There is speculation as to why by social media warriors; but no definitive information.

And yet ...

“This school district shows reckless disregard for student safety during a pandemic. They fired their superintendent for following the law. Abhorrent school board members (except one). And they did it behind closed doors,” one wrote. “They’re partisan and won’t follow CDC guidelines,” another said. 

“They fired someone because he wanted to keep the kids safe by wearing masks. Sad. Never visit that town and don’t spend money there or online. Get those board members out of there.” Another chimed in with, “If you get hired by the district make sure you’re willing to disobey state laws to keep your job. They’ll fire you otherwise.”

Social media will be this counties undoing. No one is willing to talk to each other any more all we want is to be angry and right on social media.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Nothing in this article explains why the man was fired. There is speculation as to why by social media warriors; but no definitive information.

And yet ...

“This school district shows reckless disregard for student safety during a pandemic. They fired their superintendent for following the law. Abhorrent school board members (except one). And they did it behind closed doors,” one wrote. “They’re partisan and won’t follow CDC guidelines,” another said. 

“They fired someone because he wanted to keep the kids safe by wearing masks. Sad. Never visit that town and don’t spend money there or online. Get those board members out of there.” Another chimed in with, “If you get hired by the district make sure you’re willing to disobey state laws to keep your job. They’ll fire you otherwise.”

Social media will be this counties undoing. No one is willing to talk to each other any more all we want is to be angry and right on social media.

Well I know someone who would have something to say about following state "laws". Yep, looking at you Krakatoa.

new topics

top topics

join