It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulation Theory Ticks Me Off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwampFox999
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Pretty much what he said.
Still hoping if it is a simulation someone can hook me up with some "hacks" only need about 100k not too much haha.

Who said what?

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SwampFox999

I understand that minds that are greater than mine, as well as many others feel we ar living in some kind of simulation, or matrix.(only since that movie came out has it been called that, odd)

Someone didn't program your linguistic module correctly. It's 'The Matrix', because it's a name. Otherwise, 'matrix' doesn't refer to any simulation, it is just a mathematical convention called 'array' or 'table'.

en.wikipedia.org...(mathematics)

"In mathematics, a matrix (plural matrices) is a rectangular array or table of numbers, symbols, or expressions, arranged in rows and columns, which is used to represent a mathematical object or a property of such an object. For example, "

The plural is of course 'matrices' - and any simulation this complex would definitely need MULTIPLE matrices, so even calling it 'The Matrix' would be so wrong on so many levels, unless it's just a name given to it by someone clueless (which is why I capitalized it again).

I don't really mind the simulation theory, and I can definitely understand why many people support it.

It's extremely attractive from many viewpoints and for many reasons. It gives nihilists and atheists a way out of their miserable self-imprisonment of 'worshipping darkness', to give them something to worship about, a hope for 'eternal life' and 'reset' if something goes wrong. They could basically 'save game' and 'load game' at a bad circumstance (this actually happened to someone I know; they had played some kind of popular 'grind-game' for weeks in a row, just pausing long enough for the necessities to be taken care of. Then the doorbell rang, and cops were there (nothing actually criminal, more like mental stuff), and he was so confused from playing the game so much, he was trying to find how to load a previous save until he realized, oh, this is actually REALITY)

The movie 'The Matrix' of course shows us the attractive side of the whole thing - if you knew it's just a simulation (I wish the movie had had the guts to show people that, just like people here, are actively considering whether everything is just a big simulation), you could 'do whatever you want' (like the elders in the 'React to GTAV' video said about the game), and enjoy life as a game without consequences or karma.

It's attractive because it relieves you of responsility, gives new hope about a better life next time you're loaded, etc.

Anyone can imagine their dream scenarios, if it's just a simulation. Think about pain, injury - and healing with a press of a button!

I would LOVE for the whole existence to just be a simulation. Now, it may be that we're all just programmed to think a certain way, so we can't seriously entertain that thought (then again, I didn't ever seriously entertain the possibility for Mandela Effect to be real, either, until it hit me, and now I wish I could go back), but there are, sadly, a few very solid reasons why simulation just doesn't make sense.

First of all, even the physical world is way too detailed (to say nothing about higher dimensions) for a simulation. It's not necessary to make every snowflake different, it's not necessary to make every drop of water into any surface of water look slightly different, even if the lighting was 100% the same. I mean, everything is always unique, when it doesn't have to be.

If this was a simulation, texture maps would loop at least SOMETIMES, but they never do. In fact, there ARE no texture maps in the real world, sans actual, physical wallpapers and such (which can still be argued to not actually be that, but whatever).

We would see leafs that, even if there are 827 million different types, would repeat at least -sometimes-. But no two leaves are ever 100% identical (not that I can even know that truly). Everything is just WAY, way unnecessarily detailed.

Every single hair on every single hairy surface is different. There's molecular level. There's atomic level. There's sub-atomic level. The weird behaviour of photons (waves or particles or both somehow? of course my understanding of that is that they're "illusions of particles that behave as wave because they're guided from higher dimensions, where waves affect them, because everything is multi-dimensional, because everything is formed out of the Spirit that created the Universe - you can see the origins of the physical plane from my other posts), completely unnecessary.

Some people say that pi (π) is proof that it can't be a simulation, because it'd take too much processing power for it to be feasible. I don't understand mathematics all too well, so I can't verify or deny that.

Just physical laws alone would take an enormous effort to create and program. We never see glitches, everything works perfectly predictably. You knock on a table, it's gonna make a sound, 100% of the time. Not 99% of the time. The table won't sometimes fly upside down to the ceiling and start glitching out. It always stays on the floor.

Keeping everything synced and 100% lag-free would be a superior task to even be able to accomplish. No game can do this yet.

No matter how big a crowd, how many leaves in a forest, everything is animated N fps and perfectly synced to sound, no lag anywhere, no jerky animation, no 'loading'. Every single leaf, every single molecule, every single atom is animated perfectly flawlessly without any problems, fps never, EVER goes down.

Smoke is actually three-dimensional, instead of being created by a shader, or done in some kind of 'trick' way, like in early PSX games, for example - even a very sophisticated way of that would still be far away from actual three-dimensional smoke. It's not done with particles, either (I know you can argue that it sort of is, but it isn't).

Of course if you meditate, do some astral projection, OOBE, etc., everything becomes EVEN MORE detailed, so the CPU power requirements to process THAT, plus the physical world, just seem infinite.

How exactly do you program 'feeling', 'emotion' or 'spiritual insight', by the way? Very subtle, extremely deep experiences that you can sometimes have inside of yourself, or better yet, together with the environment, like in a forest? (I have experienced things I just can't ever fathom could be 'part of a simulation') Mushroom 'trips'? Telepathy?

I don't mean the idea or information about telepathy, but the -experience-. How do you program that, exactly? (I have experienced this in such a deep and energy-connecting way, I could never even explain it, let alone some nerd could write a program to simulate it!) I don't care how sophisticated a computer you have, human experience is so beyond anything manufacturable or simulatable, it's ridiculous.

Avoiding the 'uncanny valley' (and even programming the 'uncanny valley' to even exist) would be extremely difficult, as we've seen. You can make a 'humanoid face' with 3D software or even in robotics, but you can't make it convincing - something is always going to be a little bit off, even if you can't put your finger on it.

If this was a simulation, surely they would've used many shortcuts to avoid the _painstaking_ work that gives you diminishing returns. Why bother rendering every grass blade as an individual, when you can just make a shader that 'approximates' a grass field and makes a 'good enough' rendition, where the repetitive and algorhithm-based nature of it would be hard to detect at first..

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

..but it would still be there.

Distant objects would be rendered with less detail (in effect, they kind of are, but you can use binoculars to get the detail 'back').

We tend to think of world and existence in simplistic terms, like 'forest'. We never quite grasp or understand _JUST_ how much detail there is, even in a small forest. It's not just the trees and leaves. It's not just the rocks, mud, dirt, sand, different types of soil, all the hairs on all the legs of all the insects, it's also the veins in those leaves, that are fully functional, it's not just the life arc of every single leaf, or every single tree, bush, little animal, worm, how the whole ecosystem works together, has a visible aura, how everything nourishes each other, and so on and so forth. How everything is so purposeful. There's SO incredibly much detail in even a tiny rock or small piece of soil, if we had to render even just that tiny piece in THAT much detail, it'd take our 8000-people team either 25 years, or we'd give up because the task is just so enormous.

We can't handle so much information at once, we couldn't handle _TRULY_KNOWING_ just how much detail there is in a forest (let alone a whole planet, let alone a solar system, and so on and so forth, watch the video where 'Villagers react to the size of the Universe' for an example of how much detail there would have to be), so we simplify it into an easy-to-digest concept and think we know it fully. We really don't. We could spend 200 years in a tiny patch of one forest, and keep finding new detail we never noticed or knew about before. That's just on the physical level, too.

If we really go to the molecular, let alone atomic level, let alone sub-atomic level, the details would never end, for all intents and purposes, even if we make the forest just one tree and a rock.

No, either I and some others have been programmed to just THINK this way, and that Pi is vast, when it's actually small (I mean, maybe we all just imagine it has so many numbers, and really only has two, who knows)..

..but sans something like THAT, I just can't entertain the idea that we would be living in a simulation.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SwampFox999

Sometimes you need to lighten up...

thanks for reminding me of the relief valve that was ATS After Midnight

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

HOWEVER!

I might entertain a SIMILAR concept - it could be similar enough to be satisfactory to any simulation enthusiasts, I don't know.

The spiritual scriptures from all over the world speak of spiritual realities - some call them 'heaven', 'heavens' or 'kingdom of heavens' (notice the plural). Then there are the people that talk about concepts like 'Maya', which, if I understand it correctly, refers to the seductive illusion of the physical side, that sometimes makes some of us think that's all that exists.

It's understandable, and sadly, predictable, but these people hold on to this blind belief harder than some people hold on to their religion in the face of facts that should crush it - or most of its weird claims anyway.

Based on this spiritual side, we can star thinking in a bit DIFFERENT way - we could still think of it as -sort-of- simulation, even if it doesn't adhere to the strictest definition of the world.

If we see 'Maya' as illusion, a very convincing, sometimes very painful illusion, but illusion nevertheless, we can start understanding that although it's not a computer or technical simulation, in some ways, it's still not 'quite reality', either, and we are destined to something MUCH greater as spiritual energy entities than sitting in a dreary office doing thankless busywork so mega-corporations can rake coins off your back so you can then watch some 'programming' (like a robot) and then sleep so you have energy to go back in the grey cubicle to listen to your annoying 'co-workers' drone on about meaningless things all day.

There's a tiny glimpse into the vaster reality, a bigger Universe worthy of a multi-dimensional energy entity called 'human being' that's so capable, can dream so much, can dance, sing and smile so much, and eventually even create so much, in the movie 'Office Space', when the protagonist says something akin to 'we have a limited time on this Earth, and we weren't meant to spend it this way'.

If we can realize that what we usually see, feel, touch, smell, etc. is sort-of-real, but is not ALL that reality has to offer - that there's a hidden, MORE real reality out there, and we're in an observed maze, like a rat - we just don't see the observers, but we'll eventually know their reactions to our behaviour and choices, we can start to approach this simulation idea in a more concrete way.

There are people that have consumed certain things that let them elevate their frequency and send their soul to places and beings that people normally never encounter or even think about in their everyday lives on this planet. They told that these beings had been observing their every moment, like it was a TV show, and were excited and surprised that someone 'broke free' in the middle of it all and was able to reach them.

Now, I don't know with excruciating detail what reality really is, or what's true and what's not. I have my own memories, intuition, insights, research, etc, so I have a bit of a glimpse of an idea of that it probably is or at least could be. I know about astral world, but my memories are hazy. I know about my previous incarnations, but my memories of those are mostly 'feeling-based', not very visual. Then there's the whole Mandela Effect, that threw a spanner into my worldview, and I still haven't been able to fix it fully - I have to leave some things completely open, and as such, unknowable at the moment.

In any case, if we take into account everything I just described, we may open a door to ANOTHER interpretation of this 'simulation theory', that might actually make more sense, and be a bit more plausible; the 'spiritual simulation' called 'Maya'. If Maya is illusory, then it stands to reason there's an actual REALITY somewhere beyond Maya - beyond the physical.

This means that as interdimensional energy entity, a Cosmic Creator that we all essentially are, are simply 'artificially locked' into a temporary physical prison called 'Maya', and as we can realize from the stories of enlightened Zen masters and the initiated Cosmic Messengers, visiting brothers from other planets, and so on, it's possible to break free and reach greater, more appropriate heights and worlds more suitable for a creative spirit than this dreary WORK CAMP that this planet seems to exist as.

In this way, we truly ARE in a simulation, but it's not computer-generated or completely artificial - it's just slightly less real than the dimensions, planes and realities where our spirit normally lives and resides - this is like a school or fat camp - we go to an 'abnormal' place to learn, to pay for our sins, to pay our karmic debts - but eventually, we return home, to the real world.

To the actual reality.

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Still hoping if it is a simulation someone can hook me up with some "hacks" only need about 100k not too much haha.

What if the purpose of the simulation is EXACTLY getting us free of that kind of shallow greed that leads us nowhere but misery?

posted on Sep, 22 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Life is but a dream.

Dont think the actual theory itself is about god like entities, making a game or soap opera for their own amusement. It just a simplification of the whole thing, an how we interact, while Einstein said reality a persistent illusion.

Main issue is physics says it real, while Quantum Mechanics said "screw you physics.

Dumbledore even said it better, if it happens in your mind, isn't it still not real?
edit on 22-9-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join