It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation about the Texas Abortion Ban

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: scrounger

Maybe when someone shows me proof of these mythical 47th trimester pregnancies.

first you ignore the fact YOU MADE ALL THOSE CLAIMS..
now you demand "proof" from someone else ?

wow the ignorant deflection award goes to you..

but then you follow it up with the sequel of "most assinine one of these things is not like the other" presentation
a double feature and awards.

now that you got that ranting bs off your chest.

you made the claims, you back them up..

scrounger

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: bastion

Strange but true. Absurdities do abound!

THE WOMAN WHO CARRIED A FETUS IN HER BODY FOR 60 YEARS www.todayifoundout.com...

Calcified Fetus Found In Woman After More Than 50 Years
www.iflscience.com...

Interesting stuff, I'd heard of that happening where a foetus has another foetus inside it like one of those Russian dolls but not this. I'm suprised it didn't kill the mother through infection and completely confused how it remains in the body if/when the foetus stops secreting the substances designed to stop the mother's body rejecting the foetus.

originally posted by: dawnstar
Well, I was into my 4th trimester with my first child. I was asked if I wanted to terminate the pregnancy when I was in t huh exbeginning of my ninth month by inducing labor but there was no sign of any stress on the baby or me, we were just doing fine i decided to wait out. I was 10 months pregnant when the little guy decided that he had waited long enough for my body to get into gear and managed to to break the water and they had to induce the labor.
What network dude is referring to as a 47th trimester abortion would be killing a 10 year old living and breathing , probably running and playing kid. Either that or removing something similar to that calcified fetus that snookie mentioned.

I think I get it now jut never heard it being used for being overdue - my sister had a similar thing with my nephew. The final scans were a tiny bit worrying as levels were low and staff warned they'd be a small baby with a few complications shortly after birth.

She was over two weeks overdue and had to be induced but the birth took 18 hours and was very touch and go whether or not they'd survive the birth. All family and the father had to leave the staff needed 100% concentration and dedication to their jobs.Due to the long labour there was some kind of needle put in my nephews brain possibly to check a level of something or other as they were worried about brain damage.

When he popped out was an incredibly healthy boy but too big for the biggest baby grow the hospital had. He's been moved up a year in nursery as he's three and in age five to six clothes and is ridiculously intelligent; most people mistake him for six to seven years old as he can do maths and knows about Tutan Khamun..

----------

I did some office work (nothing scientific) for a strange midwifery study called the Self Hypnosis In Pregnany Trials (SHIP Trials) and Lavender Study.

The premise was the immediate bond between mother and child in the first few minutes can be seen as a trimester. Rather than the mother being put on drugs and gas it was better to use self hypnosis and smell lavender as relaxant and pain relief.

I thought it'd be a mass disaster but It was as effective as gas and the painkillers and incredibly effective for a few women, with one not even realising the baby was breaching as she got into the birth pool and the main prof Soo Downe went to work for WHO as it got adopted as their birth strategy for countries with limited healthcare.

Study here

Lavender Study

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Some states had the foresight to dust off and read the state laws they had on the books that roe/wade and later court decisions made unenforcable and irrelevant. They updated those laws so that they would be acceptable under those court decisions.
As far as I know, South Carolina hasn't, if roe was reversed, those dusty old laws would go into effect.

link

Basically, the first and second trimester, the consent of the mother is needed for the abortion. In most cases.. not all,. Some of the exclusions are sensible. Like if the women is in a medical crisis and can't give it. Others though, like rape or incest... well they seem not to have a problem with forcing an abortion onto some women who may not want one.

But, the interesting part is what happens in the third trimester. Suddenly, you need the consent of the husband as well as the women. And then, you need a doctor or two attesting that the abortion is necessary to preserve the health or life of the mother.
Why is it that the husband's desire isn't worth anything in the first and second trimester and they feel they have the right to force some women to have an abortion but then suddenly in the third trimester, if the life and health of the mother is at risk, again, they discard the women's desires and gives the husband veto power if she chooses to preserve her health or life?

But, oh, did the right to life have a fit when some states decided to change their own dusty out of date, archaic abortion laws and suddenly we find ourselves talking about 47th trimester abortions.

One claim proven.
edit on 8-9-2021 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
link

link 2

While no one that I know of has died in the US because some hospitals have chosen to place their religious beliefs above the health and welfare of their patients. They have caused needless suffering, prolonged hospital stays, and damaged reproductive systems causing future fertility problems.

Another one down.
edit on 8-9-2021 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That's incredibly disturbing stuff - I didn't even know those kinds of hospitals existed. I've no idea how the US system works but suprised the hospital has any patients/why a patient would go there if they follow the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops over Medical Practice.

Why would such an organisation set up a hospital rather than a Church if they want to spread their belief? I don't remember abortion ever being mentioned or banned in the Bible - God kills loads of kids in it and imposed original sin on babies/foetuses. He sent two bears to maul and kill 52 kids because they called a guy 'bald top' and Jesus taught to turn the other cheek.
Hopefully the Drs got struck off for denying emergency medical treatment. Refusing treatment when the mother and foetus are in clear distress and leading to death of the foetus and near death of the mother goes against all medical standards and ethics.

---------

The Ireland situation is bad but I think it's been updated a couple of years ago to allow it up to 12 weeks ir later if the Mother's life is at risk or the baby will die within 28 days of birth. There's still big efforts to reverse it and impose the ban and it's incredibly hard to access.

A lot of women had to get ferries to mainland UK in order to get abortions, a number with fatal foetal indications arrived at her booked hospital appointment to find that mainland hospitals were refusing international patients so she couldn't access treatment.

“Women have also been left without accommodation due to hotels closing without any warning. During the height of lockdown when all flights were suspended, women were forced to make the journey via ferry and trains.”

ASN director Mara Clarke said Covid had “added to the pile” of obstacles the women they support must overcome. “One woman arrived by ferry to Liverpool to find that the hotel we booked for her had given all their rooms to homeless and key workers,” she said, while some women with “fatal foetal indications are finding that many of the hospitals that used to provide care to them are closed to international patients”.

Irish Times
edit on 8-9-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   

In some areas of the country, the alternative would be to travel 100 or so miles to find a hospital not under the domain of bishops.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: NorEaster
The people who would pursue this won't care about what you referenced.
WBC people come to mind.

I guess we'll just have to see.

First one through the opening gets it. Like on January 6th in that last stand defense of the House chambers. No one else took that opening after that woman showed them what was awaiting the next one to attempt that breach. I would imagine that everyone in that little hallway believed that they didn't care about that threat - not until it happened to the first of them.

Everyone's a hero until the first casualty makes it way too real.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Go ahead , Defend the Baby Killers.............

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster

WBC people come to mind.

First one through the opening gets it. Like on January 6th in that last stand defense of the House chambers. No one else took that opening after that woman showed them what was awaiting the next one to attempt that breach. I would imagine that everyone in that little hallway believed that they didn't care about that threat - not until it happened to the first of them.

I seem to recall seeing people in the chambers.
In offices.
Didn't seem to stop them.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Go ahead, justify forcing 10 year old children to have children.
Or adding a boatload of additional pain, agony, and anxiety to a women who is facing the raw fact that the baby she is carrying has zero chance of surviving outside the womb. Tell us just how it makes any sense whatsoever to risk her health and life once it is determined that the fetus has no chance.
Tell me how a six week embryo's right to life supersedes the women's right to live while yous chatter on other thread about your desire to take those guns that you fight so hard to hold wherever you go..... for self defense of course.... and get involved in your great civil war.. I guess once born, kid's right to life isn't held in such high esteem since yous will tolerate all these mass shootings that have killed many of them and fought off every attempt to regulate the guns shouting but, my rights!! And god only knows how many kids would be killed in that civil war of your dreams!
Tell me how oh, there is too few people that fit the mold you lay out and then explain to me..
If it is such a small number, what is the harm if the lawmakers wrote exemptions in their laws for them that covered them?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Go ahead , Defend the Baby Killers.............

I don't think you are clever enough to have an opinion. That makes you a troll.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster

WBC people come to mind.

I seem to recall seeing people in the chambers.
In offices.
Didn't seem to stop them.

No one got within line of sight of a Senator, House Rep or staff member of either. Then again, the point was that the 1st idiot that decides to go for the 10K payout is going to discover just how expensive that decision is going to be for them. The Texas GOP has set up a booby trap for right-to-life enthusiasts, and the DoJ is lining up the legal precedents necessary to criminally prosecute anyone who takes a bite of this poison apple. The vigilante aspect of this law isn't going to be hard to eliminate once someone has turned it into an actionable target. The only real question will be what that 1st litigant has awaiting him/her from the many, many thousands of people who share the same disgust with anyone that would be loathsome enough to see this grotesque offering as a cheap opportunity and move on it.

Obviously, from what we've learned since the rise of Trump's MAGA hordes, driving someone into hiding with death threats and relentless harassments isn't illegal in this country. So I would expect this to be an immediate reaction, even if tearing this person's life to shreds is done for the fun of it. The tiktok crowd has already swamped a tip line site and made it useless, and this was before anyone actually did anything to piss anyone off.

The DoJ might not even have anyone to prosecute after the public at large has had their way [fun, vengeance, whatever] with that 1st litigant. I wouldn't touch that tar baby. Not for anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: CryHavoc

So their protest will be to do exactly what the Ban wants them to do?

How do you reach that conclusion?

The abortion ban means more babies will be born.

If everyone stopped having sex, that would be the exact opposite.

I understand where you are coming from but anti-abortion exists mainly to stop unborn babies getting killed.

Women were getting abortions long before ROE…now there are going to be dead women and those where reproduction organs get too torn up to give birth again but hey you will have more babies in adoption houses, abused by their home lives, or for the wealthy, the same… they’ll simply travel to another state or country

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You can insult them all you like.
They showed up.
And will again.

The cancel culture will not deter them.
Its actually funny you think it will.

You understand this is texas, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
it is moot anyway.
first, there is every kind of birth control imaginable over the counter.
second, birth rate in the US is down so low that pregnancy, as a disease, has been virtually eradicated in the US.
third, an pregnancies missed by either the first or second, will be cured by the vaccine causing blood clots and miscarriages for even those planned and desired pregnancies.

problem solved

edit on 10-9-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Blah , Blah , Blah .........................Killing ANY Human Life is WRONG . You got some Serious Issues there He/She/It .

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
In Texas the “Susan G Kamen Race for the cure” purports to raise money for breast cancer research but actually uses the money to fund abortion clinics by giving them direct money.

This is to suppress the evidence that the 2 best predictors of breast cancer are 1) having an abortion before the age of 28, and 2) taking estrogen for birth control.

No one was allowed to sue an abortion dr under existing tax law, because no one but the mother had standing. And she had signed a waiver.

This new Texas law replaces the old one that said abortion clinics had to be inspected for cleanliness and the dr had to have privileges at a local hospital in case of emergencies. That law got thrown out by the Supreme Court.

And in Texas, you couldn’t have a discovery motion to find women with botched abortions— so abortion drs couldn’t be subject to class action lawsuits. No one had standing.

All this horrible new law does is say that an abortion dr can be sued like any other Texas dr.— so now victimized women can sue, or have someone sue on their behalf— like say, a teenaged girl who has been threatened by the the lawyers on retainer from planned parenthood. Lot of pregnant teenaged immigrants are afraid to sue in court for fear that they will be deported. Now for the first time a social worker could help such a girl seek legal remedy anonymously.

And believe it or not most of the girls being forced to get abortions are victims of rape in the immigrant community. So not rich people but the poorest of the poor. Rich girls don’t get abortions because they don’t get raped or they get the morning after pill without their parents knowledge. Poor girls get raped by the rapist and then by an abortion doc who doesn’t even wash the tools.

Try to find out how many abortion patients got infections in Texas last year. You cannot find out. The TMA does not allow the data to be published.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Well, then we need to shut down those fertility clinics!! Not only do the sometimes dispose the fertilized eggs they create, but their practice sometimes results in multiples of fetus, too many, and they end up weeding some out to give the others a chance to survive.
You sound like a just sit on your butt and let them all die type of person.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You can insult them all you like.
They showed up.
And will again.

The cancel culture will not deter them.
Its actually funny you think it will.

You understand this is texas, right?

I hope that someone does take a bite of this. As you said, "this is Texas". The ones getting sued for 10K will also be Texans. You understand that too, right?

I don't expect any Texan to allow anyone - including a fellow Texan - to get away with making them a bounty target.

I don't see where "cancel culture" fits in here. What I see is one Texan taking another Texan apart over being targeted for helping a loved one out during a traumatic moment. I gets real simple when the moment calls for helping someone you love get through a bad stretch, and it gets even simpler when some asshat with no standing at all pops up with a lawsuit to punish you for being there for your loved one. You might be mistaking that kind of situation with a "left-vs-right" debate over abortion rights. For the person getting sued, it'll be about being attacked by some jerk with no reason for coming at them besides trying to yank a payout out of their ass.

You'll see, when - if - one of these lawsuits gets filed.
edit on 9/11/2021 by NorEaster because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hmm.... Sounds to me you just Might be Working for Planned Parenthood Aka Planned Infanticide ........

edit on 11-9-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join