It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White supremacy, with a tan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I was going to put this in Social Issues and Civil Unrest, because fitting topic. However, upon reflection prior to hitting the Post button, I can see this not lasting long in that forum. The Pit it is then.

Ohhh, hold on to your seats, this one's a doozy. We got ourselves one VERY bitter multi-racial guy, who is seriously trying to claim (try not to laugh now) that "white supremacy" is going to be responsible for other races' racism. Or already is, I'm not sure, he's vomiting a whiny I-hate-my-partially-white-self wall-o-words in the article. Anyway, all of y'all that bet the next cancel target group would be Latinos?

You win, glad I didn't bet money on that one (I figured they'd go after Asians, for being too determined & successful or something)

Some political myths refuse to die despite all evidence the contrary. Here's another:

When White people are no longer a majority, racism will fade and the US "will never be a White country again."

I used to believe those predictions. Now I have a different conclusion:

Don't ever underestimate White supremacy's ability to adapt.

The assumption that more racial diversity equals more racial equality is a dangerous myth. Racial diversity can function as a cloaking device, concealing the most powerful forms of White supremacy while giving the appearance of racial progress.

Racism will likely be just as entrenched in a browner America as it is now. It will still be White supremacy, with a tan.

There is a yearning embedded in my DNA that a demographic tide will overtake White supremacy -- the belief that White people are superior and they should maintain political, social and economic power over other races.

Whiteness is elastic

White supremacy isn't just more resilient than many assume. It's also elastic.

Consider how Whiteness has been defined. It's a prime example of how White supremacy adapts.

The future of Whiteness in America may rest with Latino people.

It could go either way. A study suggests that Latino identity fades across successive generations as immigrant connections fade away. If large numbers of Latino people identify as White in the future, Whiteness will expand. The enhanced status and socio-economic benefits that come from identifying as White will be too tempting for many to ignore.

But the explosive growth of Americans who now identify as multiracial could also be used to reinforce racial inequality.

www.msn.com...

I could go on with example quotes, but the sorry self-loathing sack just keeps rambling and whining like a broken record. He sprinkles in just enough legit mentions (under a very broad umbrella) to make it obvious he's trying to deflect from sullen pot-stirring, but it's...obvious. Someone's just plain unhappy with himself, and desperately trying to blame everyone else for it.

As our wonderful British posters are so fond of saying, what an utter plonker.
edit on 9/5/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It's like a bunch of teenagers finally having a global political platform. Being Teens they take the most ridiculous topics to get worked up on.

Pathetic...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
It's like a bunch of teenagers finally having a global political platform. Being Teens they take the most ridiculous topics to get worked up on.

Pathetic...

They really do come off like that, don't they? It's almost a hallmark anymore of people who weren't told "NO" enough growing up. They might not have silver spoons, but their platters are silver, and full of their egos.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wow just wow

I am 50/50 white/black and i can tell everybody here a little something about the following quote:

Some political myths refuse to die despite all evidence the contrary. Here's another:

When White people are no longer a majority, racism will fade and the US "will never be a White country again."

My father is black and his originally originates from "Suriname". Over there they discriminate each other and each others kids based on their skin tone or, blackness if you will. for instance. A uncle of mine is quite light but obviously black and from Suriname. his (ex) wife is a lot darker (Creol descendant) my cousin has her skin tone. He got discriminated against at school mainly by teachers but in his case by both light skinned ones and darks skinned ones because he may have had the dark ski tone he was also targeted because his father has the lighter skin tone.

Next to that and my point being. Can anyone here on ATS (Preferably those who voted Hilary or biden) name me 1 country in the world where racism/discrimination does not exist?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Wow just wow

I am 50/50 white/black and i can tell everybody here a little something about the following quote:

My father is black and his originally originates from "Suriname". Over there they discriminate each other and each others kids based on their skin tone or, blackness if you will. for instance. A uncle of mine is quite light but obviously black and from Suriname. his (ex) wife is a lot darker (Creol descendant) my cousin has her skin tone. He got discriminated against at school mainly by teachers but in his case by both light skinned ones and darks skinned ones because he may have had the dark ski tone he was also targeted because his father has the lighter skin tone.

I really appreciate you sharing that, it echos what a penpal I had (in the 90's) in Guyana used unload about in her letters, for being bullied for not being dark enough.
And years later when Rihanna became famous, she also mentioned being bullied for not being dark enough (IIR, she's from Barbados)

Would it be a fair assessment, at least in the Caribbean/northern S. American coastline area, that this is something that's been pervasive for longer than people care to admit, let alone admit exists? I got that impression from my penpal when she was cagey about why no one (such as friends) would stand up in her defense.

Next to that and my point being. Can anyone here on ATS (Preferably those who voted Hilary or biden) name me 1 country in the world where racism/discrimination does not exist?

That's a mighty tall order. I don't think it's getting filled.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Still suggesting that there are a multitude of human races on this planet.
There are not!
There is only one race: the human race.
Whether your skin is orange, purple, green or simply skin colour...you are in fact still only human.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder

There are not!
Whether your skin is orange, purple, green or simply skin colour...you are in fact still only human.

No #, Sherlock. Try telling the race baiters that. What gets held over peoples' heads is effectively the human equivalent of a breed or a coat pattern.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: everyone

Wow just wow

I really appreciate you sharing that, it echos what a penpal I had (in the 90's) in Guyana used unload about in her letters, for being bullied for not being dark enough.
And years later when Rihanna became famous, she also mentioned being bullied for not being dark enough (IIR, she's from Barbados)

Would it be a fair assessment, at least in the Caribbean/northern S. American coastline area, that this is something that's been pervasive for longer than people care to admit, let alone admit exists? I got that impression from my penpal when she was cagey about why no one (such as friends) would stand up in her defense.

That's a mighty tall order. I don't think it's getting filled.

Your assessment is very correct. Over there they do speak about it amongst each other when these situations occur/are on going but its mostly behind closed doors. By that i mean it wont ever reach a newspaper or any other medium. The same goes for other countries since they mostly never her of this in the first place. Take the Netherlands for instance where my mother was from (i have been all over the place) The Netherlands has a very tight knit history for decades with Suriname until Bouterse placed a coupe and killed the sitting government some 30 years ago and became its president (he was a fraud) . Many came to the Netherlands. Which is how my parents met. Yet practically no one here knows about this and this is of course very much a on going thing. When i do tell people about this they are shocked and have a hard time believing this. I often gave them examples from within my family who had lived there and had to deal with this and then asked them if they lied. Only then do they stop arguing. If they accept to actually believe it is something else. Some do.

And you are right. This happens everywhere as in some cases when i bring this up from people from other countries like you mention they confirm this. These are usually people who have been a victim of it.

And it is indeed a tall order to fulfil my request, you are right. Which is why i posted the request. There are many countries in the world that are actually and openly racist in the world. all people have to do is look at a street view or their government. How diverse are most countries in the world ? Most certainly not as diverse as most countries in the west. How many non Arabs do we see walking the streets and owning stores or sit in their government in Saudi Arabia? India ? China? Syria? Iraq?. So called liberals will run away from these questions.

Next to that Racism is discrimination. Discrimination is not per definition racism. When the entire world has the same skin color people will discriminate against each other about many other things that leads to the same effect creating the same problems. But the western Woke does not want to acknowledge those truths as it would kill their believes about how they are so oppressed while living in countries where they are free to burn their own countries flag while at the same time they would be killed within 15 minutes for just carrying a Pride flag in others.

I will add this to show those who refuse to accept this and you could use this in any argument you have when talking about this as it supports and points this all out with its reality:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Thanks for sharing that. I've seen it on the streets of the USA as well. Human nature has its ugly side.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I have a friend who went to live in Jamaica for a while.
She had a boyfriend and one day they'd argued so he drove her to the roughest part of Kingston and threw her out of the car.
She told me that within minutes she was surrounded by locals being very abusive and aggressive towards her.
My friend is mixed-race and this was the 'cause' of their behaviour towards her.
She was very frightened - alone in a strange part of a strange city surrounded by a gang of people, men and women, baying for her blood. Apparently a little old lady took pity on her, took her into her home and arranged transport for her back to wherever she was staying.

She moved back to England very shortly afterwards and swears that she will never go back to Jamaica again.

Bob Marley is a legend in Jamaica, he's idolised with images of him everywhere.
Bob Marley was mixed-race and suffered horrendous abuse growing up, his neighbours nickname for him was 'White-boy'.

Sadly racism is everywhere and takes many forms....as is stupidity as clearly evidenced in the OP.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
To freeborn and to everyone. You are so right.

This happens with the Indian people as well. Your skin must be a certain shade or you are inferior. This persists when they move and come to work here. I see them ostracize and belittle the dark skinned Indians almost daily, when they think no one notices. It's pretty hard to watch, and most of the time the dark skinned don't stay.

The same happened with a team member from Nigeria, a wonderful person, who was treated miserably by our black team members. He left for greener pastures and found them.

The racism against my Korean mother-in-law from Chines people was fun too see as well.

And my son, who has Korean, Scottish, Cherokee, English, Norwegian, and Roma bloodlines (and could be Jason Mamoa's twin), gets his share of it too. "Dude, you Mexican? No? Native American? No. Samoan? No. Well then what the hell are you?

Yes, it happens everywhere, and it's frustrating for people who take the abuse no matter who or where it comes from.

The trouble is, most people have only their own experiences and knowledge to draw from, are affected and hurt differently, and often struggle with it on their own. This seems to be the case with the affected person in the OP.

Trying to do the right thing but having it come out wrong. Sadly, it's the human state.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   
One day writers will return to using English. Not this one though, they are too far gone.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The racism I see comes from liberals.

reply to: Nyiah

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
remember Columbus?
He isn't simply some statue that they toppled.
He was a Hispanic latino from Spain.
He came to America and killed all the natives.
You remember that right?
Genocide.
Columbus committed genocide and killed all the natives.
Right?

Well . . . if the Spanish committed genocide and killed all the natives
then
all the Latinos are actually "White" because they are from Spain which is in Europe.

Latinos are White - AOC is White

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

Christopher Columbus was Italian......

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Italian would also make him a latino.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Micromanaging failure always leads to more excuses for failure. 😎

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder

There are not!

You are right. Those that say "God didn't intend for you to have children by relations with another race" are liars.

God didn't intend for us to have children with different species. If we weren't supposed to have children with other races it wouldn't be possible. Racists and Bigots come in all shapes sizes and colors. That is why Love your neighbor as yourself is perhaps the most important thing a non God loving human can do. The God loving ones do this already.

The Latino's are not in to all this evil and the ones that are have been glorified by the DS. Same for Black, Asian and Islanders. They are not into all this evil being allowed.

edit on 5-9-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

I don't know about that.

I know a few people of Italian descent who would disagree, but its just a label.....I was just pointing out a glaring error in your post.

To be honest I don't really care....others might?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join