It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie coincidences surrounding Aricebo collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Aricebo Telescope collapsed after a cable failure Dec 1 2020

Released in 2013, Battlefield 4 includes the Aricebo location as a playable level

BTW... BF4 was set in the year 2020

During play it's possible to cut the cables via explosives

The collapse in-game and damage incurred are eerily similar

Side-By-Side Comparison:

Coincidence...?

edit on 4-9-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

This is a topic I'm intrigued by. Life imitating art? Some batlefield video game-cult vandals acting out the game in real life?

Interesting theories to consider.

I have to imagine that telescope was a very expensive asset on someone's balance sheet (if it was the government I could understand why they wouldn't care to collect since it's pretty much a universal law that governments will waste tax dollars since it's not their money to lose)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yeah, seem to remember China getting mad about one of the expansion packs DLC (downloadable content).

China RisingEdit

On May 21, 2013, DICE unveiled Battlefield 4: China Rising on a Battlelog post and stated that it would include four new maps (Silk Road, Altai Range, Dragon Pass, and Guilin Peaks) on the Chinese mainland, ten new assignments, new vehicles, as well as the Air Superiority gametype. It is available to those who pre-ordered the game at no extra cost. It was released to premium players on December 3, 2013 followed by a general release on December 17, 2013
Naval Strike

On August 20, 2013, DICE unveiled Battlefield 4: Naval Strike at Gamescom 2013. It involves dynamic combat on four new maps, Wave Breaker, Nansha Strike, Operation Mortar, and Lost Islands, which take place in the South China Sea and features a new mode called "Carrier Assault" inspired by Battlefield 2142. The original release date was planned for March 25, 2014 for premium members and April 8, 2014 for non-premium members but was delayed several hours before release for Xbox One and PC without a new release date being set. On March 26, 2014, Naval Strike was released for premium members on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360. The Xbox One version was released for premium members on March 27, 2014, and the PC version was released on March 31, 2014.

Dragon's Teeth
At Gamescom 2013, DICE unveiled Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth. Its maps take place in war-torn cities locked down by the People's Liberation Army. Dragon's Teeth was released on July 15, 2014 for Battlefield 4 Premium Members. For Non-Premium members it was released 2 weeks later on July 29, 2014. A new game mode included in this Dragon's Teeth DLC is called "Chain Link". There are four new maps included in Dragon's Teeth called "Lumphini Garden, Pearl Market, Propaganda, and Sunken Dragon". There are 11 new Assignments and a new assault drone called the "R.A.W.R" that can be found on those four maps.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Good thing China got their FAST radio telescope working.
www.nature.com...

Gigantic Chinese telescope opens to astronomers worldwide

FAST has superior sensitivity to detect cosmic phenomena, including fast radio bursts and pulsars.

edit on 4-9-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

it was deep cover aliens who are getting worried that the people of earth are wising up about their presence here.
got the U.S. government and other countries all but admitting it.

they can't be having researchers that might not be controllable locking on to one of their signals and tracing it back to it's source.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Very interesting thread! I lived in Puerto Rico a while back and went to look at Aricebo. Something I had always wanted to but never thought I'd see. I did not know it collapsed until this thread! That alone amazed me. However, I have to say, the similarity between the game (I am not a gamer what so ever so I'm unfamiliar with the game itself) and the actual collapse was uncanny to say the least. Almost exactly the same.

Now then, just to throw in something different. It's very possible, in deed likely, that computer modelling of a collapse had been performed previously predicting what a possible collapse might look like or entail. Perhaps the game makers were either privy to or recreated such modelling and used this as a basis for the collapse in the game. Speculation? Sure. ATS. Always.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Very interesting comparison. Chance, more than prediction.

Arecibo had been undergoing budget cuts and issues with system upgrades for years, following more and more budget cuts. Around 2010, give or take a couple years, they were even about to shut down from lack of funding. The real damage started in 2017 when a hurricane caused a wave guide to fall down and damage the dish. Following other storms, compounded with ongoing budgetary issues, it was only a matter of time for something to happen catastrophically.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't think it's eerie.

Game designers have generally strived to make in game physics behave as realistically as possible.

This is just an example that they're doing a good job of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Really enjoyd BF3 + 4, hoping that this years release is on par with those 2

I would guess its either the developers are using good physic simulators or one of the developers decided to organise a real life game of BF with rich friends.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Is this when the sims start to figure-out that they might be in a sim ?

new topics

top topics

join