It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious flying wing over the Philippines ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

with optics and the fact that E.O systems can include IR, UV, multispectral and millimeter length radar you don't really need to go slow anymore

not like its going on film.

look how fast satellites go over and how clear and detailed their pictures are. Imagine the newest optics and other info gathering instruments on a high speed aircraft at say low earth orbit, would be able to see VERY VERY far.

I saw a video from an F35 that showed it detecting launches of ballistic missiles and regular missiles from very very far away.

the onle thing i could see a need to go slow for would be to sample the air around various sites to see if everyone is playing by the IAEA's rules.
edit on 24-9-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Ghoul

thats a good pic, did you use flight tracking software to find its general location and how much time ahead did you know the flight path, if any?

Thank you ! And yes for this one I did used ADSB-Exchange to track them

can not for the life of me just whip out even my nice point and shoot digital camera an get good pics like you and zap

What lens and what settings do you use ?

edit on 8082021000000Friday by Ghoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
a reply to: penroc3
Why using RQ-180 style UAV if we have a high speed platform, there are a lot of rumors about high speed platform but we never see nothing about it.

Because there is need for both lower speed with high endurance plateform and high speed plateform.
They never retired the U2 even if the blackbird was flying right ? ^^
2 different ways of achieving the same mission

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghoul

my normal camera is a Leica R3 that's green

and the Kodak film camera is a retna reflex that has the same kind of lens in 200mm and a whole host of IR lens's and filters and even lights.

The whole digital world is VERY new to me as up until recently i was developing my on photos.

I am NOT good at photoshop at all, it might as well be MS Paint lol

edit on 24-9-2021 by penroc3 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Or in this case a whole military exercise with the Chinese Navy where they can loiter for a long time and pick up many various signals and other information. You need endurance not speed for that.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

no I know all about the exercises.

there is also ALOT of turmoil going on in the Philippines, well more so than what's normal.

Are the BRIC group still a thing?

If China gets a foothold in South America, or rather a military foothold. Imagine if Cuba let China Build an airfield and a ship yard. No need for fake islands and its super close to the US, even from some places in S.A it is a rather short flight.

Australia is concerned enough about China that they are buying new subs and over all beefing things up a bit because of the constant threats from them.

Japan as well, they are what is called a turn key nuclear state, they have all the plutonium and HEU PLUS the knowledge how to build one.

Personally I think anyone who things Japan doesnt have a few bomb ready to go all they are missing is the cores that could easily be inserted.

Japan is for the first time in a long time trying to turn the JDF into a proper military with offensive capabilities again because of China.

WE(the US) are also rattling all kinds of sabers and apparently showing off some of our toys. And thang God Trump set into motion the modernization program for our nuclear triad. the MX in a new skin and name?

plus some of the hypersonic weapons we are working on are very impressive just from a materials standpoint. It is kind of true we have had hypersonic and PGS from the first ICBM's. There is a scary thing called Fractional Orbital Bombardment System wiki link and I can imagine that with hypersonic MARV warheads and I see the end of the world.

China has said they consider nuclear weapons no different than any other big bomb

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

And thang God Trump set into motion the modernization program for our nuclear triad.

You do remember the Columbia class and LSRB/B-21 predate Trump, right?

The B-21 was awarded in September 2015. It's program went back a loooong ways and the demonstrators were in the air for some time. The Columbia class goes back to 2010 when the analysis of alternatives was done. The first boat was ordered in March 2016. That's before Trump was elected.

Those dates are before Trump.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

of course

but the b63 nuclear bomb becoming a JDAM as well as some mods to the warhead itself was kind of unpopular I remember with democrats and left leaning people, do you think Ol' Cornpop busting Joe to have done the same as trump and continued until it was complete?

I personally don't think not.

and the US's new ICBM is more than likely going to be a more modern Peacekeeper and has to much support and it is to far along to scrap it, and we need them. don't get me wrong a Minuteman III is a potent weapon but it is rather old. And I bet you the new missile will have both HGV's and normal MIRV's and decoys and will have a larger throw weight in a smaller missile.

I find it funny that Russia still uses liquid fuels(UDMH nitrogen tetroxide etc) as will as cryogenics and solid motors, I don't know to much about Chinese missiles and how they base them other than the fact ALOT of them are on TEL's burred under a mountain to be rolled out before or after a first strike.

Did you know Russia still has a nuclear tipped interceptors that kind of ring Moscow and other important sites. Like our old Nike type rockets.

here is a video of a test of a nuclear tipped interceptor that goes so fast you can watch the skin turn white hot. i aplogize about the sound, I suggest muting it

and an official video from the makers of Sprint. its only 3 mins

here is the Russian A135 with a real interceptor, they normally have a nuclear warhead or a very high flux neutron bomb

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

It's the B61, and the -12 first test flight occurred in 2015. The design work was started as early as 2013.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought it was getting a new physics package and a JDAM type control system.

as part of the enduring stock pile I believe.

and I was thinking about the B83 lol, Hugely different weapon and very high yields

he is a little slide show

diagram

-family tree-

parts

on display

lawn dart

original pit and all its metallic parts

I forget how old the B61 is.

I also find it interesting no-one ever really askes about radiation being given off by a boomers payload, unless you were super deep I don't think it would be that hard for an advanced ISR satellite to pin point subs via their radiation emissions from the reactors(via very hot water used to cool various technology) and even more so the warheads.

there has to be an equivalent to the us's underwater microphones but instead of a mic a really nice set of sensors(radiation) anchored to the bottom or to continue even as an underwater drone.

edit on 24-9-2021 by penroc3 because: .

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It did. They started work in 2013 or so and the first captive carry test was in 2015.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I touched a 'real' B61(the first gen) with my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join