It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Happening Now But People Don’t See It - Roger Waters on Challenging Authority

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Roger Waters has something to say.

It would be wise to take heed.

A revolutionary and powerful speech from musician and Pink Floyd band member Roger Waters on challenging authority and societal change. This is not a drill. "We are all brothers and sisters under the skin and above it . . . it's super important that we stop lobbing bombs over the top of the wall and start trying to dismantle it, so that we can say 'hi' to whoever is on the other side, whether the divide is religious or nationalistic or politic or economic." - Roger Waters.

The Source -
t.me...
AND
t.me...
Also - vernoncoleman.org...

edit on 3-9-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

edit on 3-9-2021 by jondashipsu because: (no reason given)

Spare me the lecture on how you are anti authoritarian Roger. I bet this guy is pro jab mandate

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Instructions unclear....putting another brick in the wall.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It may not look pretty but here's a full transcription of the video.

[Music]the ruling class are murdering you not slowly they've got their hands around your throats and you're just passing out they are destroying the earth and everything that lives on
it to make a few quid this is not a drill it's happening and it's happening now why don't we just stop them why don't we get tough take to the streets in millions say
enough is enough it's an expression of my view which is that we human beings all have a responsibility to stand up in solidarity with one another against
authority that is aaron wherever and however and whatever it is and wherever we see it errant authority you know this is not 60s bull this is stuff that has to do with the reality of
the way the world turns now the way it works and we and we by and large have a very blinkered view of it do you think that still has traction absolutely is it my imagination is it too much to suggest that their leaders over there
and our leaders in the west are driven not by trying to achieve peace in our time but by something else but something altogether less sublime call me a cynic but it sometimes seems to me that some of them are more attached to power than to peace
you are not still in a democracy you can buy political power now that is not democratic at some point in everybody's life they have to decide whether or not they believe in the 1948 universal declaration of human rights in paris
if you do either you believe in it or you don't you can't have it both ways and so if you do believe it then you have to stand up for people's human rights all over the world irrespective of their ethnicity or their religion or their nationality
we're all human beings and we behave differently by accidents of our birth the walls that divide us are created accidentally and in consequence they are reversible once we understand that they're only like us we're just people
who are born in different parts of the world we don't have collateral damage anymore we no longer allow the headlong rush to maximize the bottom line we say that other things that are more important wish you were here is about
the world is a confusing place and it's difficult to find a reality that one can grasp wholeheartedly the thing that i attach to most powerfully in my life is my humanity and that of other people
we've got to talk about your chore because it's it's it's called as on them and that's that's a title that is very well known because it's one of your classics yeah um why is it relevant now um yes it's a song from dark side of the
moon which was from 1973 there's a line in it which goes with without and who'll deny that's what the fighting's all about and the answer to that question is almost everybody almost everybody
thinks that the wars that we are subject to constantly now we live in a state of perpetual war which by a lot of people in the united states has been accepted they think it's okay because they think they're fighting terrorists that's what
they think if that's not what it that's not why we're in a state of perpetual warfare in my view and we know that all human beings are descended from the first homo sapiens and who were from africa and
that we have spread out over the globe into different parts of the globe and in consequence we all some of us look different than others this is because of weather and you know and stuff that's happened but
we all carry the same dna we we are all related one to another wherever we're born whatever our religion is whatever our ethnicity whatever our color whatever our sexual preferences whatever we are brothers and sisters and that so that's why
this is what i've learned all right i've learned that shame is a terrible motivator i was crippled by insecurity and certain feelings of shame
when i was a 15 year old boy are you nostalgic no what for those days no i'm looking forward i'm as i say to my partner in life now i say to her often
we keep dinning it into each other really is we have to stay in the moment you have to stay as close to the moment as you can and you know not worry too much about yesterday look forward to tomorrow but make certain that in the moment you're looking into their eyes and that
and that you're focused on love i know it sounds soppy but it's not [Applause]
one would need to persuade the good people of the united states of america that they somehow need to rest the power that resides with the very very wealthy back to the
rest of you or the rest of them in order that you could for instance have a mainstream media that reports news from around the world rather than providing um
24-hour entertainment in order to sell soap powder which is which is with all due respect and it there's not a great deal of respect you can give to even even some of the
considered august bodies some of the broadsheets you know the new york times is now just a mouthpiece for the government so is the wall street journals so um but the the people would have to wait first first of all they would have to wake up
the people you americans would have to wake up to the fact that these newspapers and the rest of the media are not giving you the news so what if anything to do
well understand that every day in many small but central ways we get to choose this is something that i actually
put in my folder when i came out here today you have no idea what it is nobody does because it arrived on the internet to me this morning it's a request for the rights to use my song another brick in the world too
[Music] in the making of a film to promote instagram so it's a missive [Music] it's submissive from mark zuckerberg to me
right arrived this morning with an offer of a huge huge amount of money and the answer is few no [ __ ] way and i i only mentioned that because this is
an insidious it's the insidious movement of them to take over absolutely everything you know so those of us who do have any power and i do have a little bit in terms of the control of the
publishing of my songs i do anyway so i will not be a party to this bullsh zuckerberg them enough they've had their time a new day dawns
and we will not be swaddled in their grime [Music]
[Music]

you-tldr transcription link

edit on 9/3/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jondashipsu

For all we know so are you.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Well then let me dispel that one for you ASAP, I am jab free and against jab mandates, mask mandates, lockdowns, etc. In my world the scamdemic is over

And for calrification when i said i bet this guy is pro jab mandate, I was speaking of the liberal turd roger waters, not you

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Life is a Mystery, and here we are figuring it out.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Thats mighty upstanding of you.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I'm confused
Do you like the message or did he steal your gf?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I am saying it is rich for a guy like roger waters to be speaking out against authoritarianism, yet be pro UN and a liberal guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Listening to it all... conclusion... need to wake up and get off of welfare.

Wonder why illegals are coming to America? Is there welfare in their country?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The message in THIS vid is the discussion. Isn't positive enough for you? Not my problem. The world need to wake up.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jondashipsu
a reply to: Mandroid7

I am saying it is rich for a guy like roger waters to be speaking out against authoritarianism, yet be pro UN and a liberal guy.

Well you have a strong point there i can say.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 04 Sep 2021 03:37:11 -05002120219America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hmmmm . . . Roger Waters believes that YOU are his equal and that YOU deserve everything he has, democratically.

His net worth is $310 million.

And you believe and trust that Roger Waters truly believes that YOU are his equal?

Oh yea, you are precious. Bless your heart.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Roger Waters took over Pink Floyd and made it all about him. The Wall was the album that killed Pink Floyd IMO. It's all about Waters, but at least they got over Syd Barret finally.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

So whatever a homeless guy with no money says is the truth by default?

So many people in a hurry to criticise him because his talent made him a stack of cash, but none of them cite what’s wrong in the text he’s putting out there. I wonder how many of these armchair critics listened to the whole of his speech before bad mouthing him for having made money? Seems like jealousy to me.

ETA, although his words are powerful and telling Zuckerburger to F off is sublime, I will concede this film’s presentation is cringingly cheesy and does kind of sh!t all over the message with it’s unintentionally ironic corporate production slickness. A shame that folk here might let those sh!te aesthetics deafen them to his message - to stand up against tptb and not let them conquer us by dividing us. When that’s the message how can his well earned wealth really be an issue!

edit on 4-9-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: sraven

So whatever a homeless guy with no money says is the truth by default?

So many people in a hurry to criticise him because his talent made him a stack of cash, but none of them cite what’s wrong in the text he’s putting out there. I wonder how many of these armchair critics listened to the whole of his speech before bad mouthing him for having made money? Seems like jealousy to me.

ETA, although his words are powerful and telling Zuckerburger to F off is sublime, I will concede this film’s presentation is cringingly cheesy and does kind of sh!t all over the message with it’s unintentionally ironic corporate production slickness. A shame that folk here might let those sh!te aesthetics deafen them to his message - to stand up against tptb and not let them conquer us by dividing us. When that’s the message how can his well earned wealth really be an issue!

the question wasn't about his wealth.
it was "do you believe he considers you his equal"?

new topics

top topics

join