It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are the liberals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So...good thought experiment I did tonight. What if I am actually a liberal minded person and those we call liberals are the conservative minded? What if this idea is the very reason everyone is at their wits end?

What if, through active propaganda, the parties switched again?

History repeats itself, right?

It seems to have something to do with making you question things in a way that are "yin yang" in a sense.

Are we witnessing a human polar shift in real time?

Something just seems....off. "Liberals" are becoming more and more oppressive of others.
edit on 9/3/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The parties did not switch.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Familiar with the Overton Window?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How did Orwell put it, it was never right or left, just the Authoratians versus the Libartarians.

But is it ever really possible, for there to be a paragon of red an blue, while Ayn Rand said the middle always Evil.

edit on 3-9-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I am not, but just looked it up.

Have you read Edward Bernays book, Propaganda?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I've not but im fairly familiar with propagandists tactics

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

l live by my wits. Opened minded leads to truth of ones direction in life. Just don't fall off the rollercoaster.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Best I can tell, the parties.... shifted.
HARD.
To the left.

I hate big government, over-regulation, and this worldwide economy has ruined the US.

I also hate religion, I think it encourages people not to think, then encourages them to brainwash their children.

Oh, and I'm pro-gun. And anti-gun-registration. I don't think they should be regulated hardly at all. ATF should be the name of the store next to where you fill up the truck.

I believe in free speech, but I fear I won't have it much longer. I'm uneasy stating where I stand these days, because the insanity of the far left will tear someone apart for disagreeing on just one thing.

But I'm also pro-abortion! Not just pro choice- we should all have a choice, but when you make a pact with someone and create conception between you, the choice should be between you- with a slight upper hand going to the woman, since she has to take all the risk of childbearing.... but pro abortion! I say we should all encourage it. Too many worthless breeders on this lonely rock, making more worthless people.

Oh yeah- and I like science!
But only real science. The kind backed up with actual testing, and facts.
The earth is round, goes around the sun... certain medical treatments work. That kind of thing. Not the political nonsense of today. That's just more of this oversized, overpowered, horrible government overreach I don't support in the first place.

I'd say that places me firmly in the middle... for 30 years ago.
These days I might as well be a right wing terrorist extremist because I don't quite follow all of the followings of the cult of hard left.
And they're insane.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I saw an interview today with Gerald Celente & George Gammon and this premise was precisely one of his arguments... "liberals" used to be freedom-oriented, focused on "freedom of choice" and accepting of many different viewpoints. That has clearly been turned on its head in the past 4-5 years (at an accelerating pace)

I believe in many of the principles of "classical liberalism", but modern day "liberalism" is the antithesis of all that I believe in. I think that sums it up (from my point of view)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I've not but im fairly familiar with propagandists tactics

He was the OG propagandist. He doubled the tobacco industries user market with his "Torches of Feeedom" women's smoking campaign. Book was written in 1928/9.
edit on 9/3/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I find us very similar. Great post!

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't know the difference between a liberal and a conservative, and I honestly don't care.

What is the point in labeling others, or yourself, in such a way?

It seems to me like all it does is restrict the possibilities, that would be better off broadened.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I also hate religion, I think it encourages people not to think, then encourages them to brainwash their children.

I don't know there. I like my foundation in religion and faith. God gives me a moral compass and solid grounding. He doesn't change, sort of like magnetic north (yes, I know that's up for debate - magnetic north as it can travel).

With a rock solid foundation, I can navigate the rest of world and see how the changes flow around that solid foundation.

It helps to have that one fixed point, like a north star to help you orient when everything around you seems to be shifting.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't know there. I like my foundation in religion and faith. God gives me a moral compass and solid grounding. He doesn't change, sort of like magnetic north (yes, I know that's up for debate - magnetic north as it can travel).

With a rock solid foundation, I can navigate the rest of world and see how the changes flow around that solid foundation.

It helps to have that one fixed point, like a north star to help you orient when everything around you seems to be shifting.

Well, that's where the freedom of speech and freedom from overbearing government come into play.
If religion works for you, go for it!
Just temper it with reality... please don't go around murdering because you think you'll get a certain afterlife, and please don't go breeding endlessly because you believe you need 15 children... And don't go asking the government to force people to do what you want... but the same goes for anyone, of any view- live and let live? more like stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours? I'm not sure politics understand that viewpoint.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I am not, but just looked it up.

Have you read Edward Bernays book, Propaganda?

I know I always say that book should be required reading for every American, but it's true. It should be.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What's it to you how many kids I have so long as I take care of them?

Seriously, why would that matter?

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Just temper it with reality...

I've had enough discussions with Kets, and tried her patience enough, that even though I've never met her, I'm fairly confident in saying, in the ways that count, she is more grounded in reality than some non-religious people I know. Don't underestimate the mind your exchanging thoughts with.

edit on 9/3/2021 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda
The parties did not switch.

It looks to me like over the last three or four decades it’s been more of a merge than a switch.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Well, when most people think religious, they think about regular church goers. I'm far too introverted to be comfortable with that. I prefer to do my study at home more on my own with my family.

I am a different sort of Christian. Many of my co-religionists would call me not a proper one at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

That's the problem when you try to base your beliefs follow party lines. I have my own set of personal beliefs about things that can fall on either 'side'.

Identifying with a political party is no different than other forms of identity politics. You're still trying to compartmentalize and categorize things that shouldn't be and fitting yourself and others into these narrow bull# definitions.
edit on 3/9/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join