It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear of Being Wrong (Or The Addiction To Being Right) Is Annoying AF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You first have to see the elephant in the room. Which is the modern version of liberalism . They have allowed leftists to hijack the party for power. They are one . Majority of the stuff you see on the right is defensive against their offense . Once you deal with the elephant.. the mouse will be much easier to solve.

Right now. Majority of the worlds problems stem from liberal / leftist ideology. Anything to do with liberty , freedom , free speech , patriotism , small government , no fascism they are against. Violently . lol

this is not normal. This is not how sane , rational people think. Anyone who supports this sickness is part of the problem. These psychopaths will happily, voluntarily and with a smile give up rights, liberties and freedom. Anything for temporary security .

this is not only NOT normal. But dangerous.

lol if we don't deal with this major problem first no small problem will matter...

you said you don't wanna play their game... thats real cute

You don't have a choice. Did you miss the part when i said truth , reason and logic don't matter ? Its about being loudest and repeating your propaganda/bs over and over lol. This is what they are doing. This is what is giving illusion they are right and suckering in more simple minded.

You have no choice but to play by their rules . reason and logic does not work with asylum patients.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Tl;DR

You're wrong, amiright?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have a couple of things to say about this topic..

First, 'fear of being wrong' - this is definitely something the world instills upon us when we grow up. Kids are not afraid to make mistakes or to be wrong, or even say the wrong line in a play. They don't have active memory of experiences of consequences of mistakes, no one has punished them for that much yet, so they don't mind if they 'embarrass' themselves, and laugh it off (not even sure kids have the ability to be embarrassed yet).

As they become teenagers, suddenly embarrassment is the worst thing they can experience (in their thinking), and they start avoiding situations that might cause it - like giving the wrong answer or remembering something wrong, etc.

This is enforced by people's reactions to it, and that leads to us being so afraid of this sort of thing.

So when we grow up, we can hardly dare do anything 'unconventional' of 'unconformist', because that might be embarrassing (or even dangerous).

The addiction to being right? I have never seen this, people are wrong most of the time, so as an addiction, it's a failure or a non-existent thing.

Let me ask you, though; if you can be either 'right' or 'wrong', which would you be? Why would you choose to be deliberately wrong, if you can be right?

I mean, if I notice I am wrong, I don't have ego about it (I have a big ego, but not about that), I'll just correct myself so I can be right again. It's no addiction, it's no big deal, to me, it's just natural to find out things, figure out stuff, and know the truth instead of lies. Why would I be deliberately wrong? I don't mind being wrong or the risk of being wrong, especially since I know that it gives me an opportunity to learn so I can correct myself and be more knowledgeable and hopefully even learn some wisdom.

It's right to do the right thing, right? Why do the wrong thing, it can even be unethical. So to be right is also ethical.

When you have the right information, you can make good, beneficial decisions. If you live in the 'wrong', you can destroy your life or at least seriously hinder it, or affect others in a bad way or even injure someone. If you think a traffic sign means 'you have to turn left', but it REALLY means 'it's forbidden to turn left here', there can be SERIOUS consequences there, and it was all caused by 'wanting to be wrong'.

So be right any time you want, it's not an addiction, but if it was, it would be the MOST beneficial and LEAST harmful addiction anyone could ever have, I would recommend everyone to become thoroughly addicted!

(Maybe then I wouldn't try to teach people the BASICS, like pet handling and kid raising and flash photography..)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: sraven

My problem is that I have "the heart of a teacher," and that means that I am cursed with wanting to share things that I know or discover. Some people just don't have the heart of a good communicator, I suppose, and that's where it gets hard for me to quit sharing or defending things that I know are valid.

It's a curse, and my rant won't change anything, but it's just getting so old.

Believe it or not, all human beings have the "heart of a teacher".
Every human being comes equipped to be either a father or a mother.
This is not merely a physical act of pooping out another being. It takes 12 years to equip a human for survival.
That is 12 years of teaching. And the population has doubled in the last 50 years so apparently we are good at it.
It is as natural as "math".
Anyone can become addicted to teaching with a little effort.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I guess that the big problem becomes when people stop having the heart of a learner. Not everyone loses that, but too many do.

And I would argue that not everyone has the heart of a teacher, but I would suppose that I would agree that they might, just to different degrees--some are very low, and some are very high. I would bet that the peak of the bell curve is to the left of center, though.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I guess that the big problem becomes when people stop having the heart of a learner. Not everyone loses that, but too many do.

And I would argue that not everyone has the heart of a teacher, but I would suppose that I would agree that they might, just to different degrees--some are very low, and some are very high. I would bet that the peak of the bell curve is to the left of center, though.

Well, everyone may not have the skill of a teacher
and everyone may not have the knowledge to be a teacher
but that does not seem to deter them from wanting to teach you a thing or two

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join