It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU: Vaccine Mandates a Victory for Civil Liberties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

ACLU:

Far from compromising them, vaccine mandates actually further civil liberties. They protect the most vulnerable, people with disabilities and fragile immune systems, children too young to be vaccinated, and communities of color hit hard by the disease. t.co...

Link

Do you think we have reached peak stupid yet?

It's absolutely astonishing what a joke the ACLU has become. This isn't satire. This isn't a joke. They actually believe this.

We are all trapped in a Lewis Carroll book now.

Good luck. We are all going to clearly need it.

edit on 2-9-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

and communities of color hit hard by the disease

The same communities that are refusing to get vaccinated?

The cognitive dissonance is strong here.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

We all know the ACLU has not been for Civil Liberties for a long time. But just in case they need a refresher on what their name means

Civil Liberty: Individual rights protected by law from unjust governmental or other interference.

They might want to think about a name change I will give them some recommendations how about:

Authoritarians Controlling Lemmings Union

Anti Civil Liberties Union

Anti Constitutional Lawyers Union

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The trAnsCLU needs to be sued out of existence. Over the last year, they've urged banning and even *burning* books that go against the Trans Industry narrative, sued a woman who used their own FOIA materials to try to found out how many men were being housed in a women's prison and fought to make sure any man, at any time, for any reason can enter girls' bathrooms in schools. Their new main spokesperson is a women who pretends she's a man, but apparently didn't "gender dysphoria" so badly to prevent her from carrying and birthing a child, i.e. the most female thing a woman can ever do.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I know that people will think that I shouldn't be, but I am truly shocked by this. I don't know too much about the ACLU. I know growing up in Texas their name was pretty besmirched in the poorish, redneckish town I grew up in, which is essentially par for the course. I never followed them and I discovered my own mind so I never really felt one way or the other about them. However, I would have thought for certain that they would have come down on the other side of this issue. As one respondent defined the definition of civil liberty, how did the 'union' that is supposed to be the representative of those same ideals get it so wrong? Truly, I'm a bit baffled by this...

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Wait, what?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wait, what?

Precisely.

Tells you how far our institutions have fallen.
edit on 2-9-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Do you think we have reached peak stupid yet?

Ummmmmmmmmm NO.

Stay tuned, plenty more to come.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Such hypocrites!!!

They fight to NOT prosecute people with HIV who knowingly transmit it to others. I call that a bigger health risk than Covid.

Giving someone an incurable disease that requires treatment forever.

www.nbcnews.com...

California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law Senate Bill (SB) 239, which reduces penalties for knowingly exposing a sexual partner to HIV.

The law also reduces the penalty for knowingly donating blood infected with HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor.

The measure was co-sponsored by more than 130 advocacy organizations, including Equality California, the ACLU of California, APLA Health, Black AIDS Institute, Lambda Legal and Positive Women’s Network–USA.

www.aclu.org...

Last week, a Missouri jury sentenced Michael Johnson, a young, black gay man living with HIV, to over three decades in prison for allegedly exposing consensual sexual partners to HIV .

edit on 2-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So it's a violation of liberty if people can choose how to handle their personal protections from COVID, but somehow it's a victory for liberty if no one can choose how to handle it for themselves but must instead be forced.

Considering I finally tipped over the edge into panic attack on the floor tonight, I am so tired of people telling me they know what's best for me.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

When the ACLU is against Civil Liberties, then we've really entered clownworld.

This is messed up.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What happened to bodily autonomy or my body my choice?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is the outcome of Institutional Capture by the Bio-Tech Industry:

Dentons Law Firm Scrubs Website of Pro Bono Work for IGLYO

www.the11thhourblog.com...

Big Banks With Big Investments in the Gender Identity Industry

www.the11thhourblog.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zitterbewegung

What happened to bodily autonomy or my body my choice?

That's only for when you want to remove the bodily autonomy of the unborn.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
War is Peace...
Hate is love...
Freedom is slavery...

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Great response!

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
War is Peace...
Hate is love...
Freedom is slavery...

Mandates are Liberty ...

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jondashipsu

I like your post but thats basically how the entire government operates. Its getting to the point that every time i read the name of a new bill, in my head it sounds like "This bill aims to do exactly the opposite of its title and we in congress are exempt act".

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

These mandates. Who are they actually protecting?
I don't believe they are protecting individuals or the general population.
I believe its protecting big business and their profits.

Fight me.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

God is getting ready to bundle up the Tares. They will make good fuel for a fire

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join