It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, MBTM gets Covid Delta.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, It finally got me

August 24th my 40 B day, I took myself into the ER because i couldnt breathe and I was dizzy....Immediately it was a whirlwind
Doctors all over the place, instantly nasal canula, and wheeled back to a room, where they proceeded to put two different IVs in me
and pump me full of.......God knows what.....I know steriods i heard, and i read a bag said remdesivere, at least 3 of those, it was a constant feed of drugs.

I dont remember much in an out, other than catching a glimpse of a chest exray that look like someone had stuffed my lungs with cotton almost to the top.
I couldnt concentrate and I didnt really know what was going on.

I would later find out I was going into full pulminory failure due to Covid Delta.

The last I remembered before losing conciousness was someone mentioning intibation.

I woke up 2 days later, breathing, thank goodness and actually feeling quite good other than sweating through my sheets. They sent me home that day.

Im on the road to recovery, I feel fine now, but I still cant breathe, im a guy that goes to the gym 2 times a day, and I cant walk to my bathroom at the moment
without oxygen to help me. They say it could take 3-6 months for things to be back to normal, I plan on beating that by a mile.

I almost lost my life a few weeks ago, that being said, I still will not get the vaccine, and with such a severe case as I had, I would guess my antibodies are goingto be pretty damn strong anyway.

Ill take my chances with my body healing and taking the medicines we KNOW put a stop to this thing.

Like ive said the whole time, Ive always known this stuff can be bad, it can......But dont let it let you live in fear!

So, Im still around, the man upstairs decided to let me be in your hair for a few more years to come.

Stay safe out there , and dont be stubborn when you start feeling ANY bit of sickness, its just not worth putting it off like I did. Just go get it taken care of and kick it inside a week.

I will say as soon as i got home, I started taking quinine (natural version of hydroxychloroquine)
and zinc twice a day and within a few days of starting that regimen i felt just fine

Feel free to ask any questions!

Lots of love you guys!

Semper Fi
edit on 9/2/2021 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Glad you're ok...

Did you get vaxxed?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

glad you are on the mend brother. I was amazed at how long it lasted, but it really makes you appreciate feeling good again. rest up, hydrate, and get the wife to pamper you as if you were a giant man sized baby. Keep us in the loop.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Glad you're ok...

Did you get vaxxed?

No sir and I told the doc on discharge I wasnt going to either.......I never trusted any of it....but to the bigger point, at this point it seems like the antibodies after getting it are doing a better job without the risk of side effects

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Well, It finally got me

August 24th my 40 B day, I took myself into the ER because i couldnt breathe and I was dizzy....Immediately it was a whirlwind
Doctors all over the place, instantly nasal canula, and wheeled back to a room, where they proceeded to put two different IVs in me
and pump me full of.......God knows what.....I know steriods i heard, and i read a bag said remdesivere, at least 3 of those, it was a constant feed of drugs.

I dont remember much in an out, other than catching a glimpse of a chest exray that look like someone had stuffed my lungs with cotton almost to the top.
I couldnt concentrate and I didnt really know what was going on.

I would later find out I was going into full pulminory failure due to Covid Delta.

The last I remembered before losing conciousness was someone mentioning intibation.

I woke up 2 days later, breathing, thank goodness and actually feeling quite good other than sweating through my sheets. They sent me home that day.

Im on the road to recovery, I feel fine now, but I still cant breathe, im a guy that goes to the gym 2 times a day, and I cant walk to my bathroom at the moment
without oxygen to help me. They say it could take 3-6 months for things to be back to normal, I plan on beating that by a mile.

I almost lost my life a few weeks ago, that being said, I still will not get the vaccine, and with such a severe case as I had, I would guess my antibodies are goingto be pretty damn strong anyway.

Ill take my chances with my body healing and taking the medicines we KNOW put a stop to this thing.

Like ive said the whole time, Ive always known this stuff can be bad, it can......But dont let it let you live in fear!

So, Im still around, the man upstairs decided to let me be in your hair for a few more years to come.

Stay safe out there , and dont be stubborn when you start feeling ANY bit of sickness, its just not worth putting it off like I did. Just go get it taken care of and kick it inside a week.

I will say as soon as i got home, I started taking quinine (natural version of hydroxychloroquine)
and zinc twice a day and within a few days of starting that regimen i felt just fine

Feel free to ask any questions!

Lots of love you guys!

Semper Fi

I'm glad you are better, sounds like a close call.

Be sure to get follow up scans as covid can cause permanent organ damage.

Hopefully not in your case, but better to keep on top of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I'm glad you are better, sounds like a close call.

Be sure to get follow up scans as covid can cause permanent organ damage.

Hopefully not in your case, but better to keep on top of it.

Absolutely was a close call, they called the Moms to let her know things could go bad quick and to be prepared, good lookin out, I do have quite a few follow up appointments over the next months to check my lungs....Im extremely lucky i dont have preexisting condition with blood clots etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Without the risk of side effects? You said you can't go to the bathroom without being on oxygen.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fryguy

Without the risk of side effects? You said you can't go to the bathroom without being on oxygen.

Yep its a lung capacity thing at the moment, Im on constant exercises for it. Its supplemental oxygen and Though I dont wear it all the time If i have to do ANYTHING at the moment i have to put it on or i get woozy and spinny lol. I FEEL FINE, I just cant take those deep filling breaths if that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fryguy

At least he won't be back in there time & again after Jab #7, Jab #20, Jab #234, etc with another round of Covid wrecking him.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I’m glad you’re ok! That sounds scary.

I have a friend who caught COVID last year, he thought he had a sinus infection, turns out it was COVID.

He told me the only difference he can tell now is that he can’t take a good deep breath anymore, which makes me sad for him. He’s very active, works and in good shape. He opted to get the shots after.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fryguy

That's a symptom, not a side effect. Infections cause symptoms, medicine causes side effects.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

That's exactly what I thought it was too especially w all the smoke in the air here in Idaho, so I treated it as such. I should have immediately started dosing zinc and quinine and .....quite honestly not been so stubborn and gone in

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Definitely glad to hear that you pulled through. So, how long did you wait after initial symptoms to go in?

Also, here's a solution to the bathroom issue, and hopefully it give you a little chuckle:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Definitely glad to hear that you pulled through. So, how long did you wait after initial symptoms to go in?

Also, here's a solution to the bathroom issue, and hopefully it give you a little chuckle:

Lmao im.not gonna lie I considered that option.....but I know I need to get up and work my lungs...

I waited almost 7 days, and to be honest if I could have still had some breath I might have waited another day.......I was quickly informed if I had I wouldn't be around

I will say it hits like a truck it's been about 5 years since I've been sick and whoooboy. Ol covid took a bat to me and a grudge lol

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well, now you do not need to get the vaccine...you must have natural immunity strong enough to last years. I suppose they will want you to come back in a few times and steal your blood for tests...test if it works to make others better.

It is a real disease and it can be dangerous. That is not something I will say is not true.

I call it a wimpy virus because so many things inhibit it's growth....but most people do not eat much of those things. I probably would not be eating them so much if I did not have epilepsy that I treat with diet. I always have liked these food chemistries though, my parents made them on a regular basis, I was taught to cook when young by my parents and relatives, I was inquisitive. Then along came junk food and everyone started to make it. That is when people started getting sicker, back in the late sixties. But the TV dinners back then were more real tasting than the ones today. If all along we would have followed the diets of our ancestors, most people would be better off. Problem is that the crap they put on the veggies to keep them looking fresh is destroying some of their health benefits, even the organic ones.

Glad you are all right. It appears that your immune system overreacted, not enough foods in your diet to moderate it. Even healthy people can get covid if their immune system is not balanced. Sometimes food choices that give us lots of energy are also taking away from our immune system because our immune system takes lots of energy to run, allowing less to be attributed to muscle energy. Inhibiting the immune system gives us a rush of energy, but then makes us susceptable too...keeping it balanced is not easy to figure out how to do. I have not yet got that far in my studies.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Don’t call me crazy but try eating King Crab Legs

Oddly, when I had Covid (not confirmed, but every symptom)
I craved Crab legs like you wouldn’t believe. I think our bodies tell us what we need.
King Crab has a lot of zinc and other minerals.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Don’t call me crazy but try eating King Crab Legs

Oddly, when I had Covid (not confirmed, but every symptom)
I craved Crab legs like you wouldn’t believe. I think our bodies tell us what we need.
King Crab has a lot of zinc and other minerals.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Lol that's a great suggestion sick or not! Omg now I'm craving them....but I'm wondering how they'll taste now 😩

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Lol that's a great suggestion sick or not! Omg now I'm craving them....but I'm wondering how they'll taste now 😩

It's for your health!! I craved them more than anything when I was pregnant, seriously weird.

www.arcticcrab.com...#:~:text=In%20terms%20of%20vitamin%20intake,%2C%20Magnesium%2C%20Phosphorus%20or%20Potassium.

In terms of vitamin intake, King Crab meat is rich in vitamins B3, B5, B6, as well as vitamin C (up to 8 mg per serving). On the other hand, the King Crab, due to its diet, contains a large amount of minerals such as Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus or Potassium.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
MBTM, you seem more than ok with everything, so I don't see a need to rehash anything to ask anything further. You're good, and thus it's good enough for others to accept and not argue about.

I will say your descriptions definitely sound a lot like the misery from a combo bout of Pleurisy & Pneumonia my husband had (prior to our meeting) He too pushed his luck & was airlifted in, but ultimately recovered fine (and DID have reduced lung function for months, so it's nothing new in the lung damage department)

I've also let more than one respiratory infection run it's course on it's own, the lung damage recovery period varied for me from 3 months all the way to 6. They'll recover! You've got a better heads-up on proper lung therapy though, all I did was practice holding bigger breaths several times a day, for longer at a time. Probably no where close to the right way to do it, but it's worked for me, so I've no incentive to try otherwise yet.

originally posted by: rickymouse

I call it a wimpy virus because so many things inhibit it's growth....but most people do not eat much of those things.

Maybe it's time to consider a thread with a few example lists and/or a meal/snack recipe example? It would probably be much more greatly appreciated than you think

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yeah, I was glad that it hit me rather lightly with just a bit of slight chest congestion and then about 4-5 days of fatigue, but that was about it. Hang in there, and good luck with the follow-up appointments--I hope that they all go well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join