It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under 18 Darwin award winners. A category we don’t need

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This kid (12 years old) just hung himself because of a new challenge. It wasn’t even sexually related. WTF.

I don’t understand this, tide pod challenges or any self mutilation type challenges. What ever happened to sprinkler head fights or rock fights?

I don’t get it. Kids do this for what? Likes? A tick tok sponsorship? I want to use the tragic but the word stupidity is easier for me to type. Yes, I know he was 12.

12 year old hanging death

“Erik had used a rope tied to a pull-up bar in the doorway between the living room and the dining room, according to his mother.”

“Rogg said at the hospital, police told her Erik’s death was likely caused by the "choking game" -- in which its physical goal is to restrict cerebral blood flow to the point of nearly or actually passing out for a variety of reasons including curiosity, competition, being dared or wanting to experience an altered state, according to Rogg and her organization”

edit on 2-9-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Aji

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Sadly it happens all over.

www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nobody taught them how to do it with their hands?
Shameful

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I understand why one couldn’t read those signs. It was in welsh. That language is impossible to understand.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"Erik was very energetic, very active, very smart, very perceptive," Rogg said. "He earned his privileges…he had responsibilities and understood them."

A very smart and perceptive young man accidentally made a noose and hung himself? This is why the aliens don't talk to us.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

On purpose.

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I remember when I was a teenager some variant of the "choking game" started going around and we'd take turns doing it and showing other kids how to do it. While sitting, we'd lean over with our head between our knees, breathe in and out really deeply a few times, and then quickly sit up and squeeze our neck. I don't think anyone really understood the danger of it, but rather just saw it as some weird thing someone figured out how to do. One time I did it I woke up on the floor with my friends laughing and no idea where I was or what was going on. Apparently right before I passed out, I threw my hands in the air and screamed and then flung myself onto the floor unconscious, which was hilarious to everyone watching. Another time I did it I think I gave myself something like a temporary stroke, because I was speaking nonsense for a while afterwards and was completely disoriented and confused. I remember having a hard time trying to figure out how to get my skates off and put my shoes back on.
edit on 9/2/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not gonna lie, me and my buddies used to do this to eachother. At the time it was definitely a type of high and a rush, and like a crazy euphoric lucid dream. But we did it around a buncha people not freakin alone!

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Michael Hutchence inxs

David Carradine kung fu

Google - you decide.

I know what my gut tells me. Too much touchy touchy not enough belt loosie loosie

Jajajajaja. Yeah. They died most likey jerking it.

Beware kids. It’s real out there.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
And natural selection keeps on trucking........

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was reading about this other thing going round twitter-its not a challenge but its another example of what crazy stuff people get up to in their little internet groups-

What they do is,they leave raw meat outside for a wekk-sometimes buried,sometimes in a box with air holes.
Then,when its nice and rotten-you guessed it.
They eat it.
Theres loads of them at it apparently-or maybe quite a few less by now I would imagine.

A recent challange I thought was real stupid was the milk crate staircase-otherwise known as who wants to be a paraplegic.
Im sure there never used to be this many idiots on the planet-and im also sure social media breeds them.They all clump together and egg each other on.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

An acute case of Jackassery. I blame Johnny and Steve-o.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Hahaha. I saw that milk crate challenge. Amazing. Weed em’ out of society.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I was going to bring up the stupidity of the milk crate challenge. I saw one and the lady doing in seriously messed up her arm, as in it was sticking out at all kinds of angles it shouldn't have been when she got up and walked off.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wrong angles for us but the right angles for her.

Don’t fret. Im sure it was totally worth it.

🤦🏻‍♂️

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I watched 2 black boys yesterday get off the school bus and start beating the crap out of each other.

It was about as stereo typical as it gets too. One boy was walking with a couple girls and the other one ran up behind him and started shadow boxing right in front of his face. There was hooting and hollaring at each other until they dropped there book bags to "slap box" next thing you know the kid that ran up on the other kid hauled off and punched the other kid with the girls right in his face, next thing you know they were full blown beating the hell out of each other.

Both of them were bloody after about 45 seconds of full on ape swinging at each other and both started rolling on the pavement. I thought it was funny that the girls were yelling at the both of them to stop and they are stupid.

What is wrong with young males today you may ask?

I'll tell you whats wrong, real men can't teach boys to be men over all the bull crap like toxic masculinity, percieved image and stature they get from city culture, perceived norms learned from TV and parents that are never home working themselves to death trying to feed their families and keep a roof over their heads.

I don't think children deserve a darwin award because in this day and age it seems so many never stood a chance to better themselves or understand any outside of what they think they know.

just my two cents but I'm just a badger wtf do I know.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That is the sad truth...children are the way they are because parents are not parents anymore and society/media hobbles their hearts and minds; it's a disgusting world we live in - utterly repulsive.
edit on 3-9-2021 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

our society has problems.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

There are no real men in those boys' families in all likelihood. Sadly, most black boys grow up without actual fathers in their households. The ones I know who do don't behave like that, and the white kids who don't have fathers or male role models in their families or lives, will tend to start acting like that.

top topics

join