It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candace Owens Was Denied China Virus Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Business should be able to run how it wants and let the market decide.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying businesses shouldn't be regulated in any way? Are you saying that a business owner should be able to refuse service to someone based on their appearance? Should they be able to lie about their products or services? Should they be allowed to overcharge for their goods or services?

I think he means they should be able to refuse service for whatever reason they want if they own the business.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's also interesting that Owens requested the appointment under her 'married' name.
So the owner had to do a little premeditation in searching records before she singled out Owens.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Criminal? No, I don't think so. Unethical? Yes, I do think so.

a reply to: ColeYounger

Are you saying businesses shouldn't be regulated in any way?

Yes.

Are you saying that a business owner should be able to refuse service to someone based on their appearance?

Yes.

Should they be able to lie about their products or services?

Yes.

Should they be allowed to overcharge for their goods or services?

Yes.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Candace China virus test fit in your nose?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's a civil rights violation.

Democrats have brought back Jim Crow.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying businesses shouldn't be regulated in any way? Are you saying that a business owner should be able to refuse service to someone based on their appearance? Should they be able to lie about their products or services? Should they be allowed to overcharge for their goods or services?

Yes. If a business refuses service to enough people they will go out of business. If they lie about their products or services, enough people will find out about it and again they will go out of business. Overcharging? Out of business. Customers will regulate businesses.

One other thing here. The owner of that lab was able to identify her even though she used her maiden name for the appointment. How did he know who she was? Does he run every name through a database? Somebody had to have informed him. With that being said the owner obviously had to know that she was Black. This Lab is in Colorado. The same Colorado that fined a Baker for refusing to make a cake for a Gay wedding. Do you think that they are going to fine the lab for denying services to a person of color?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Imagine if all testing centers got together to deny service to the un-"vaccinated", people of a certain race...or certain political persuasion.

What better way to maintain a second-class of citizenry.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So Aspen Labortories really isn't going to let Candace Owens drink from their water fountain?

Wasn't there an entire movement about calling snip like that out?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Thank you for taking the time and effort to explain something I wouldn't have thought needed explaining.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yea, I get that the market (the consumers) determines the business climate, and that people can do business with whomever they want.

I was trying to clarify an earlier statement from ATSer cmdrkeenkid. They replied and stated that businesses should not be regulated in any way. They said it's OK to lie, cheat and steal.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
IAMTAT, I don't understand your question. Discrimination in what sense? Science deniers picking and choosing what medical practices are legit? The employees of that testing facility have been risking their health, working countless hours and someone who has actively fought against health provisions that would render the testing unnecessary in the first place has the audacity to come in under a fake name and pretend all is forgotten?

Candace Owens is a garbage person

LOL, science denier! Is that like someone who dismisses Natural Immunity, and ignored peer reviewed studies showing mask mandates don't change anything?

You may want to think a bit before you answer.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is this like the restaurant in Florida that won’t serve Biden supporters?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I was trying to clarify an earlier statement from ATSer cmdrkeenkid. They replied and stated that businesses should not be regulated in any way. They said it's OK to lie, cheat and steal.

No that wasn't said at all. The issue is the regulation of businesses. There are laws against "cheating" and "stealing", therefore there is no reason to have regulations against it for businesses. People confuse "regulations" and "laws". Regulations are passed and administered by Government agencies. Laws are passed by Governments. In my opinion, if it can deprive me of my wealth, my property or my freedom, it should be a law, not a regulation.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Imma just drop this here for any Colorado residents that might take issue with this particular slippery slope:

Division of Professions and Occupations: File a Complaint Online

Also worth keeping on hand for the public officials version:
Colorado's Independent Ethics Commission

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Thank you for taking the time and effort to explain something I wouldn't have thought needed explaining.

Let me pose a hypothetical question. You need some medication for a family member. You go to a pharmacy, pay them a hefty price for the meds, which turn out to be sugar pills. They scammed you. There are no pesky regulations in place, so they just rip you off. According to your logic, that's OK because "buyer beware"?
Once "the market" finds out the pharmacy is ripping people off, then people will stop doing business with them and go somewhere else. That's how "the market" is supposed to work?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

how does that work? Do they poll you on the way in, or do they require you to wear a red MAGA hat?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Let me pose a hypothetical question. You need some medication for a family member. You go to a pharmacy, pay them a hefty price for the meds, which turn out to be sugar pills. They scammed you. There are no pesky regulations in place, so they just rip you off. According to your logic, that's OK because "buyer beware"?
Once "the market" finds out the pharmacy is ripping people off, then people will stop doing business with them and go somewhere else. That's how "the market" is supposed to work?

Look in the dictionary under "fraud". There are LAWS against that. There doesn't have to be a business regulation for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

No that wasn't said at all.

Then you didn't read the post, because that's exactly what was said.

Here ya go:

Are you saying businesses shouldn't be regulated in any way?

Yes.

Are you saying that a business owner should be able to refuse service to someone based on their appearance?

Yes.

Should they be able to lie about their products or services?

Yes.

Should they be allowed to overcharge for their goods or services?

Yes.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

Is that anything like refusing to serve someone in a MAGA hat? Or serve a suspected conservative? As I recall, we once had a thread about a mom & pop fried chicken joint somewhere on the eastern seaboard tried that one, and they got their ass handed to them for it.

What was that about two wrongs not making a right? I think you missed the remedial class on it.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

In short, the Aspen testing facility's founder and owner doesn't like Candace Owens or her politics...so she just denied Ms. Owens service.
I see grounds for a potential discrimination lawsuit.

So what is new in the world of liberals? Canx culture is their weapon of choice at whatever level they can use it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join