It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Vaccines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SwampFox999

I am a full time air force reservist, base I am at doesnt have the ability to store pfizer so for now the mandate isnt a thing younger airman are coming around to the idea but older folks are looking at punching in part form the mandate, in part form afganistan.

FYI down to 200 or so active duty (briefed today) at the base not vaccinated and yet we have entire shops in maintenance out with breakthrough cases.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

I don’t think you understand the precedent of the Anthrax Vaccination Program. DoD back then made it mandatory while it was in EUA status back in 1999. Military members (at that time ironically were many leftist members) sued and won in court to have it stopped (ironically also by dear Judge Emmet Sullivan). Judge Sullivan stopped the program in 2004 on two grounds:
1. It was not approved by the FDA
2. It broke the doctrine of informed consent

Once the FDA approved the vaccine the program restarted on 2006.

This time around the government waited until the FDA had approved the vaccine to make it mandatory. So no argument can be made that it is experimental. The services are offering medical and religious exemptions though.

A couple points of clarification. The anthrax vaccine has been approved and used in humans since the 1970s. Mostly lab workers that worked with the bacteria, livestock veterinarians, and wool workers.

The actual beef was military members were being vaccinated for the prevention inhalation anthrax (the way biowarfare anthrax would be spread). This use was "off-label" from FDA approved use, which requires patient consent.

The vaccine was FDA approved , just not for purposes of prevention of inhalational anthrax.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

The definition of vaccine when they signed up was not what it is now. These covid vaccines are not vaccines in the same sense. They can't change a definition of the term AND hold anyone to their original contract. They can have you sign a new one with the updated terminology, but if anyone can change the definition of a term in a contract then without repercussion then we would have a MUCH bigger problem.

I think there is a biiiiiig misperception about military "contracts". Granted I signed mine over 30 years ago now (probably have it in a huge pile or paper in the garage), it's not a large document. There is nothing in it about "vaccines" or what one is. There's nothing about free healthcare for life if you retire (signed up before Tricare). About the only thing I remember on mine was very clear terms of how long I was signing up for. Then took an oath, in part, saying I'd obey the orders of those appointed above me. "Get the shot Airman!" Yes sir!

If there are other service members that recall their contract being much more than time owed and maybe a guaranteed AFSC/MOS/rate, I'd be interested to hear. Maybe I'm just old and forgetful.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thank you for your service it was my honor to serve before so from one brother to my other brother.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join