It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorkers Can Dine Indoors Right After First Vaccination Shot, De Blasio Says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Now haven’t we been hearing that “vaccinated” status only counts two weeks after the second dose? Someone might want to Let deblasio know..

Ahead of the full rollout of the city’s vaccine mandate later this month, Mayor Bill de Blasio has further loosened the rules of his Key to NYC program, which requires New Yorkers to provide proof of vaccination to eat at restaurants and participate in other indoor activities. On Tuesday, de Blasio said that city residents do not need to wait 14 days after receiving their first vaccine to head indoors, despite conflicting recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“Let’s say someone goes to a restaurant and they didn’t know about the rule,” De Blasio said. “They really want to go to the restaurant and they’re ready to get vaccinated... You can literally go to that vaccination site, get your first shot, get your card, come back, go to that restaurant, go to that movie theater, go to that concert.”

De Blasio applauded “how flexible the rule is” during the conference, but the CDC advises that it typically takes two weeks from the point of vaccination for an individual to develop protection against coronavirus. The mayor has previously said that only the first dose of a vaccine will be required to dine in restaurants under the Key to NYC program, which experts say may be less effective at protecting against coronavirus variants.

Not a whole lot more to say that hasn’t been said already, but if this doesn’t open some people’s eyes, nothing will.

ny.eater.com... accine-de-blasio
edit on 2-9-2021 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

Gotta follow the $cience.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
1 shot as only slightly effective compared to no shot at all. Only 20% as effective as 2 shots.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
If I didn't know better, it would look a lot like this was more for control than it is for mitigating Covid. Bah, I'm just a cranky old guy, I'm sure that's not what this is at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I thought asking for photo ID was racist.
I mean you will have to show photo ID to prove that the name on the vaccine passport is really you right?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegaiser
1 shot as only slightly effective compared to no shot at all. Only 20% as effective as 2 shots.

but still no mention of natural immunity. Oh well, I suppose restaurants will do fine regardless.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
ID requirements are racist only when it comes to voting because the police were created to hunt down and murder black people. Don’t you know anything?? Time to re read your required propaganda comrade.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Well if obtaining a photo ID for voting is an unjust burden on black... Sorry... Poor people then expecting them to have an ID for their vaccine passport is just as bad ....

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Right? The Left’s main characteristic is hypocrisy and they don’t even recognize it

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This echoes the rule in the UK where only the "vaccinated" are allowed into restaurants, clubs etc. but those who got placebos in the trials are also allowed in because it would be "unfair" to exclude them lol

So, it begs the questions:
Was there no actual control group in UK studies, as is the case since June in the US?
How're you arguing that vaxports protect people from covid, if a specific non-vaxxed group is exempted for "fairness"?

And, regardless of the "fairness" inclusion, what'll be the new goal posts and propaganda when cv19 flourishes in these locations, despite the restrictions?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thinking about going to Death and Co and Keens, anyone want cocktails and a nice porterhouse?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It may take two weeks after the second dose for one to gain the full effect of immunity granted by the vaccine, but it only takes one shot, to bow your knee to cesear.
edit on 2-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

edit on 2-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: correction

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DashVol

This echoes the rule in the UK where only the "vaccinated" are allowed into restaurants, clubs etc.....

Err....which 'rule' is that because I can, and do, go in more or less anywhere I like with or without face masks?
It is government recommendation that people wear masks on public transport and my Doctors surgery asks that people wear them.

Of course individual business owners can ask that patrons wear masks if they wish but I've been in plenty of pubs, clubs and restaurants recently and never once been asked to put one on.

Rules are slightly different in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Seems extra scientific!

I met deblasio when he was running, I didn’t want to shake his hand and he said he didn’t want my punk ass vote. This was before everyone filmed everything but man I wish I had that

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The vaccine offers FULL IMUNItY??

Source?

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters

It may take two weeks after the second dose for one to gain the full effect of immunity granted by the vaccine, but it only takes one shot, to bow your knee to cesear.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Someone might want to Let deblasio know..

Oh, I think he knows.
Now we do too.
This isn't at all about defeating COVID, it is about getting that needle in everyone's arms.
Everyone.

He makes it obvious.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Objectives and Motives are in Plain Sight

(from a previous topic
)

This CDC report defines the unvaccinated as - unvaccinated - less than 14 days after receipt of first dose.
CDC PDF

edit on 922021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket
The vaccine offers FULL IMUNItY??

Source?

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters

I didn't say full immunity. I said the full effect of the immunity granted by the vaccine. That means it takes two weeks to get the full effect of the immunity; whatever it may be, offered by the vaccine.
edit on 2-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Kind of unrelated, but I hope you didn't get wrecked by Ida being in Jersey.

I know NYC and Jersey got some record flooding. I'm sure indoor dining is probably low on their priority list after last night.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Kind of unrelated, but I hope you didn't get wrecked by Ida being in Jersey.

I know NYC and Jersey got some record flooding. I'm sure indoor dining is probably low on their priority list after last night.

Thanks, I'm good with only first world problem. Was supposed to leave for Italy yesterday but switched that to a Hawaii trip since protests have closed the train stations in Italy. This got canceled and I'm now leaving tomorrow, maybe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join