It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas abortion ban to take effect Wednesday; pro-aborts seeking last-minute block

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch
I wonder how many women and little girls will die because of this law by 2022

:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Bunch
I wonder how many women and little girls will die because of this law by 2022

:

Considering nearly 25% of American women will have at least one abortion by the age of 45, I am guessing a lot. Horrific news as Texas continues to not only neglect but actively harm their citizens. What a mess of a state, I feel for Texans.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Many ectopic pregnancies aren't presenting symptoms till after 6 weeks. Is the ectopic pregnancy itself considered a medical emergency, or is it gonna be like it is in some hospitals in this country where doctors have to just sit and wait till the fallopian tube is compromised and ready to burst?
That is why I asked about what does a medical emergency means.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What if they saved the baby and killed the mom? Anyone signing up for that idea? No. Because people don’t want to die.

If there was a serial killer driving around killing children, would people want them captured? The young mom that throws her baby in a dumpster? What is the limit? Why is this worse than that?

To my knowledge, I have no children nor any aborted children. Could it have happened without my knowledge? Absolutely. And there is the rub. Guy doesn’t want them, TS her body her choice. Guy does want them, TS her body her choice. It is not, nor has it every been “My body, my choice,” but TS, she overrules everything, including the one that most needs a voice in the matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well, she is the one whos body has to make the kid, then in all but the really extreme case say 1 in a million, will have to give up her life to raise it.

So yeah, her body, her choice.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

But what about “equality?” There is no “special, but equal.”

Guy has zero say. Child has zero say. But anything to change that is met with pandemonium.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

State's Rights. They can always go to another state if they really feel the need to kill their child.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
i just never understand, how so many people, do not think a baby in the womb is a living human being.a reply to: Tempter

No doubt. If a man kills a pregnant woman, he gets charged with a double homicide. Funny how that works.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The guy doesnt deserve a say, you want to make sure any woman you sleep with brings a child to term, marry them and discuss how badly you want this.

You have no right to expect anything form anyone else.

Its the woman's body, she may not have ever wanted a life to grow inside her, you have to respect that, even if you dont like it.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

State's Rights. They can always go to another state if they really feel the need to kill their child.

Except, if you are the one taking her to another state, you can get sued under this law.

You can probably get sued for lending her the bus fare, or your car.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

[SNIP] this law privatizes fascism, fosters vigilantism and encourages stalking and harassing individuals that the government can't.

Not so fun when the shoe is on the other foot, is it...

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Abortion is not contraception. If you're too stupid to use protection, suck it up buttercup. I do think there should be exceptions, maybe up to 3 months for rape/incest victims and anytime if the mother's life is at stake, but really 6 weeks is tight but workable in a normal situation. Rape/incest could likely add a mental stigma that produces hiding and procrastination.

If you abort over 5 to 6 months for no other reason than spite or you're lazy, I think those people are murderers.

Cheers - Dave

Everyone is free to believe what they want. But, when abortions are illegal, women who want to abort unwanted pregnancy will return to knitting needles and back alley abortionists. That is just the way it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My only real comments on this are that the people who don't like this happening are using a bad argument. In that same vein, those in favor of this, while using the right argument, are not addressing the argument given by those on the pro abortion side.

Pro life: abortion is murder
Pro abortion: you took away my rights

Anyone from either side care to argue against either of these? Until you do, all you are doing is shouting into a canyon. Participation in the division by actively ignoring the debate.
edit on 9/2/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Lack of criminal prosecution may create black market abortion centers.

Observation..

"Karma" causes many most who successfully murder their baby(s) to suffer later in life. (Few years, to decades later.)

edit on 9/2/2021 by carewemust because: Changed "many" to "most" after further reflection.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: carewemust

Well, since few people seem to care about these unaborted fetuses after birth, does it matter when a spirit!personality develops?

Why is it so tough to teach people the consequences of their actions and self responsibility? If they don't want a baby then they could, at the very least, use a form of protection or swallow a Plan B pill when they have unprotected sex.

We can be against the killing of children and in favor of moms raising their children at the same time.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The idea that the guy never has a say isn't correct!
They do. If the words out of the guy's mouth is something akin to well, it's not mine or in some other way has convinced her that he doesn't want the inconvenience of being a daddy, he has had his say. And, well I wonder just how many abortions occur because women listened to what men said and gave him what she thought he wanted. Men .might say the family can't afford a baby, women might not want to interrupt her career. They both might feel that they are happy with their family size as it is. Doctor might speak up and say the pregnancy poses a great risk to the mother... in healthy, adult relationships, the matter is discussed and hopefully an agreement is come to. Sometimes, though the agreement is not found. And what you are complaining about is that men don't have the final say in the matter.
Women can relate to this, women have spent centuries being told men should have the final say in all things. Ya, it is a crappy feeling, isn't it?

:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: loam

Please cite another such law, a blue state's law, if you have one, that makes something legal effectively illegal, but offers no state law enforcement authority and no state authority to prosecute, but authorizes private citizens, who otherwise have no legal standing, to personally hunt down and prosecute anyone who they think might have helped someone do something that's constitutionally protected.

Burning a bLM flag.

Enrique Tarrio sentenced for burning stolen black Lives Matter flag

But hey, at least you can still steal an American Flag and burn it without consequence, am I right?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: carewemust

Well, since few people seem to care about these unaborted fetuses after birth, does it matter when a spirit!personality develops?

I have no idea what your spiritual beliefs are, but if you believe in a spirit, surely the physical existence pales in comparrison to the spiritual existence.

It is all God's will, or there is no God.

Which option distubs you more than an individuals reproductive rights? If such a thing as 'right' exists beyond the hypothetical?

Science only determines understanding of nature, it rarely dictates absolutes.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Then it's best to play it safe and not interfere with "science" in progress. Makes sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

No birth control is 100% effective.
Only not having sex is.
Sometimes women really want to have a baby but after conception it is learned the baby's birth defect will not allow it to live outside the womb.
And, what about fertility clinics that will implant many fertilized eggs just hoping one will embed but then come to find out too many have?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
However, since the overreach is being done in favor of a cause you claim to champion you'll happily goose step down the street.

Yup.

The no compromise ethos of the left has finally pushed many people over the edge.

Congratulations.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join