It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas abortion ban to take effect Wednesday; pro-aborts seeking last-minute block

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
They should extend the allowed abortion time. 18 weeks maybe.

America is a strange place. Either no abortions at all or you can have abortions up to an including the day of birth. The latter being especially monstrous. I have no idea why only these two extremes are the only option.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah...but had no one forced abortion coverage into obamacare, then started talking about allowing abortions up until the 9th month, this wouldnt have likely happened.

If you dont recognize the action-reaction nature of politics, your missing the entire point. This is a result of the culture war started over Trump being elected.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

It's a trap. You are in the middle of "the war of the roses" divorce while still sharing the house. One room is yours and the other is hers. There must be no neutral middle ground to meet and have occasional sex. It may be worse the later it is but if it's still wrong you gotta go all the way.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Not much different to the Taliban really, some of those Yank legislators.

Not one person will be helped by this dumb law, all it does is give the whip hand over to the bible nutters.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: loam

Please cite another such law, a blue state's law, if you have one, that makes something legal effectively illegal, but offers no state law enforcement authority and no state authority to prosecute, but authorizes private citizens, who otherwise have no legal standing, to personally hunt down and prosecute anyone who they think might have helped someone do something that's constitutionally protected.

Covid vaccine mandates from businesses.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

No, but a young girl may not tell anyone of the rape or incest until well after that time frame. Especially if it's a relative or let's say someone she thought was a friend.
You think a 12 or 13 year old girl would even know she's pregnant from a horrific event like that within a week or two of missing her period? Young girls often have no regular cycle up to 2 years from when they first start.

Forcing a rape victim to have the child is horrific, but hey at least her parents fought so she wouldn't have to wear a mask in school. Guess that's good, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The topic isn't as easy as a few here make it out to be.

I nearly died giving birth because of a medical condition that wasn't noticed up until the day of birth. Back then I could never have aborted my child. I don't know though what I would have done if I knew about the medical condition.

Is it better to risk my life to give birth to another life, but eventually that little soul will end up without a mother and don't get me started about the father.

I really don't know and in a way I am glad I did not have to make that decision. Back then, I had no idea about how precious she would be either. You only know how a mother feels, if you become one. That deep love and I would do everything for her.

Having that perspective now, I am glad it wasn't noticed, although I almost died. But what about the father's rights? Who bailed because he can't take the responsibility (his words). I asked him about his feelings about becoming father. He had no opinion about abortion.

My heart told me to keep her and I have never regretted that decision.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Looks like the religious got a win in Texas.

Lack of criminal prosecution may create black market abortion centers.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Please cite another such law, a blue state's law, if you have one, that makes something legal effectively illegal, but offers no state law enforcement authority and no state authority to prosecute, but authorizes private citizens, who otherwise have no legal standing, to personally hunt down and prosecute anyone who they think might have helped someone do something that's constitutionally protected.

Just butting in here, but would you consider ‘Hate Speech’ laws as an example? Free speech is guaranteed under the First Amendment as a Constitutional right. Yet there are state laws that use the concept of Hate Speech as ‘special circumstances’ in criminal cases; but because neither the state or federal government can enforce an outright ban on what they consider hate speech, they leave it up to “vigilantes” —private companies, social media platforms and the Cancel Culture mob—to enforce ‘street justice’.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

How does a woman prove she was raped or had incest or that she has provable medical conditions that may create severe complications in six weeks?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

That's the thing, women trying to end pregnancy has been around for thousands of years in some form. We will now just have back alley docs in Texas and women dying or unable to ever have children from botched procedures. I don't think I ever took a pregnancy test until 6 weeks as my cycle was never regular. Although I never had one, I support a women's right to choose.

So.. are men now going to have to start paying child support at 6 weeks?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Are anti-abortionists also 100% anti-war ? Because that is also murder.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: CptGreenTea

So.. are men now going to have to start paying child support at 6 weeks?

I think, if you are going to enforce a law like this, then you also need to go beyond paying money in child support.

It would make it more reasonable if the man had to give up half his working hours to take care of the kid, because, lets face it, none of them pay the amount that properly covers the 24/7 care that a mother has to give.

I just think its crazy, the old law seemed to work, no one who didn't want an abortion was forced to have one, after all.

Now, everyone is going to be forced into behaving like a tru believer, hell, what next? Gonna make the women dress up modestly in a burqa?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The Texas statute is even broader, since it sanctions enforcement by essentially anyone — an approach sometimes called “private attorneys general.” Such laws have been around for centuries but grew in popularity in some liberal circles in the late 1990s and early 2000s as a means of beefing up enforcement of environmental and labor statutes.

link

When you weponize the judicial system don't be upset when your opponents use the same tactics.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Similar laws:

If you are 18 you have reached the age of majority except for drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, owning a handgun.

Any age: smoking indoors, sitting in a car alone while intoxicated, in a moving car without wearing a seatbelt.

Now of course most of these are not on the same scale, but smoking a cigarette isn’t exactly the same as purposefully snuffing out a life with zero choice nor protection given to the victim either.

Edit to add:
Not even laws: Covid Lockdowns and Covid vaccine mandates and/or edicts.
edit on 2-9-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You guys in the Right always complain about the Left being Nazis but here you go using Nazi-esque tactics to enforce a non-law.

I bet if a state like California or New York York a similar law allowing private citizens to sue companies that don't require people to wear masks or be vaccinated you should be up in arms over governmental overreach.

However, since the overreach is being done in favor of a cause you claim to champion you'll happily goose step down the street.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

It would make it more reasonable if the man had to give up half his working hours to take care of the kid, because, lets face it, none of them pay the amount that properly covers the 24/7 care that a mother has to give.

How is that line of argument reasonable? The majority of women do not need to sacrifice half her working hours to care for a embryo that is growing into a baby inside of them.

For example my wife worked full time up until the birth of our two children. She even worked full time and went to college when we aborted our first pregnancy.

There are some women who do become bed bound or unable to work in the final weeks of months of pregnancy. Your argument might work in the case of this minority.
edit on 2-9-2021 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Your wife will be the one who's body had to deal with everything that pregnancy bvrings, your wife is the one who lost out on so much work and visibility when having the baby, your wife is the one who will be expected to sack off work whenever the kid is ill, or to not work an extra few hours because the kid needs picking up from somewhere or dropping off somewhere.

Lets be real here, the mum does 99 per cent of everything the child needs, even when married to someone.

What happens when you split up? Mum will sacrifice the rest of her professional life to raise the kid, while dad will moan to his mates over a beer down the pub about how much he is paying.

There is no equivalence.

You are a dad, you get divorced and walk away from your responsibilities, people will nod and figure you are a deadbeat dad, but not give it much thought.

You are a mum who does the same, everyone clutches their pearls and wonders what sort of monster she must be.

Different expectations on mums and dads.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Guess we will see more stories like that Trump staffer Jason Miller who slipped his pregnant mistress an abortion drug in her smoothie. Or will married men who knock up mistresses fly them out of state? But.. then can she sue him and get the money because he assisted?

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Someone explain to me, what is the difference between a medical complication and a medical emergency? Is there a clear line between the two that even the most rabid bounty hunter can recognize?

So the state that has made it illegal for school systems to require students and teachers to wear a mask inside the classroom... it is the parent's right to decide. Has empowered a bunch if crazy right to lifers to harass the parents, and sue them if they make a move to seek a legal medical procedure if they feel that their young minor daughter is too young to endure the pain and suffering not to mention the increased possibility of life long physical damage from carrying a pregnancy to full term after some pos had his fun with the girl and left a child pregnant with a child.
I got news for you fools, when you lose the right to seek legal medical care that may preserve the health., maybe life of your child without govt sanctioned threat of harassment or lawsuit.
You have no parental rights!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join