It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop dehumanizing each other.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Obviously everyone is different and has different experiences. There is a reason it is cliche to say "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" and that is because that statement is the truth.

When I read comments or different things online and someone has a very.... belittling and mocking tone towards anyone that disagrees with them but then fails to provide any actual evidence that disputes the people who disagree with them it just makes me wonder where we are as a society.

I often see exchanges like "well that is not true, here is a link" and the person who has a different viewpoint will make some sassy insulting comment back because they disagree but they have no evidence for why they disagree, no proof that the other person is wrong. Only insults. This is not conversation. This is not even really interacting with your fellow humans. This is not even at a child's level of interaction with your fellow human being. And it is nowhere near being an adult. It is just bullying and peer pressure.

We are adults. We are all human. We all have different personal reasons for the things we do and to dismiss someone with a snappy insult and no facts is just basic disrespect to our fellow humans. And then to claim that offering links and facts is useless because the person you disagree with is too stupid to change their mind or too brainwashed, well that is just nonsense. That is a cop-out. To just say that it doesn't matter what source you post, these idiots won't change their minds. Total cop-out.

Sometimes this form of bullying is so rampant it makes me wonder if they are bots because I just don't understand how anyone could exhibit such little respect even as a human being to others. I suppose it is easier to hide behind what you think is a witty insult, never providing any facts and thinking that makes you somehow seem intelligent.

Do we all not see that the scheme is division and dehumanization? STOP HELPING to dehumanize your fellow humans by disregarding their questions and concerns with insults. Don't make your only rebuttal to facts and reputable sources an insult. Stop assuming people are too stupid to read a link or absorb information and make their own decisions. If you are really that concerned about whatever the issue is it should be more important for you to get the facts out than to feel superior through bullying.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

We are adults. We are all human

Both of those, debatable....

If you can't dehumanize people on an anomomous conspiracy site on the internet where can you?

I'm joking, I'm joking, sorta.

On a serious note, a lot of the banter is harmless and just passionate opinion between two people.
I love it because it is one of the few places we can actually have our own opinion. Sure it gets snappy and sassy sometimes.
Sometimes the most amusing threads are just the oldies giving the newbies a hard time.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Do we all not see that the scheme is division and dehumanization?

You should have put this at the top of your post because, these days, your post is TLDR, simple as that.

People don't care that they're being manipulated, in fact I doubt that most people even recognise that it's even happening.

There was "outrage" back in 2014 when facebook admitted to the very manipulating that's got us to where we are today ....... and what was the result of that outrage ....... absolutely # all except for more manipulation.

There is a plan and it is working.

edit on 1 9 2021 by myselfaswell because: we are doomed.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The banter is my favorite part of ATS. I am just saying that if you are going to call someone an idiot you probably should have some evidence they are wrong. No one here has ever talked to me like that or anything and I appreciate a good debate. Just that I see it a lot on other sites and sometimes here and I just get irritated by it. People will call someone names but then totally ignore them when they ask for proof of what they are claiming.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hears a artical I read and why I rarly debate online and am more likely to troll than bother to change anyone's mind

qz.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Do we all not see that the scheme is division and dehumanization?

You should have put this at the top of your post because, these days, your post is TLDR, simple as that.

People don't care that they're being manipulated, in fact I doubt that most people even recognise that it's even happening.

There was "outrage" back in 2014 when facebook admitted to the very manipulating that's got us to where we are today ....... and what was the result of that outrage ....... absolutely # all except for more manipulation.

There is a plan and it is working.

Look what memes and Twitter have done to our society, we can't even be bothered to read a paragraph for two whole minutes without whining.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Thanks for writing this!!

ATS needs more of this. Many of the human atrocities that have happened on this planet is when one side dehumanizes the other.

I might disagree with the more virulent vitriolic person here or elsewhere but I respect their right to live as a human being, sometimes some people forget that.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

we can't even be bothered to read a paragraph for two whole minutes without whining.

Well done, go to the top of the class for perfectly demonstrating my point.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by TzarChasm removed for a manners violation)
(post by ThatDamnDuckAgain removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

ATS needs more of this. Many of the human atrocities that have happened on this planet is when one side dehumanizes the other.

I might disagree with the more virulent vitriolic person here or elsewhere but I respect their right to live as a human being, sometimes some people forget that.

ATS is dead set on that red vs blue mentality. If you're not a constitutional conservative, you're commie scum.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Commies aren't really people anyway

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

When I read comments or different things online and someone has a very.... belittling and mocking tone towards anyone that disagrees with them but then fails to provide any actual evidence that disputes the people who disagree with them it just makes me wonder where we are as a society.

You almost just stated perfectly what is called an Ad Hominem attack, or as I like to call it the lowest form of argument that there is...

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The dehumanising of each other is the preferred attack of the establishment.

I agree with your OP, humanity just needs sometime to un-F itself and disentangle ourselves collectively from ... the collective?

To quote from a movie radical, a movement goes a distance then stops. A revolution keeps rolling on.

To add to that, a revolution is impossible without some kind of movement.

As long as the movement is building momentum, the revolution is inevitable.

Thanks for being the voice in the wilderness calling for solidarity.

edit on 1-9-2021 by Dalamax because: In not in. Autocorrect can’t spell.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Apparently you haven't been watching the news. It's ALL snark.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's bad enough to be a human being as it is. I don't think we need to make anyone feel any worse for having thoughts on a subject. I imagine ETs think of us as loud, smelly, violent primitive apes, (at least I have thought about that myself).
edit on 1-9-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   
However making false accusations by not proving INTENT can not only be devastating to the plaintiff but ruin one's life from lawsuits.

Being a P.I. who works with various lawyers .... I see it all the time.

originally posted by: Bunch

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join