It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks are just as effective as vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The Illinois Department of Health director recently said that "masks are as effective as vaccines" amid a push to crack down on mask wearing in schools.

"If we actually want our kids to be in school for in-person learning, masking is a great protection and our best bet," Dr. Ngozi Ezike said last Thursday, according to Chalkbeat. "The bottom line is that masks are as effective as vaccines are."

Ezike is now facing criticism for the comment, with one Twitter user saying, "If the goal is to increase vax uptake -- and we know both Illinois & Chicago, uptake is lowest among Black & Latinx residents -- Dr Ezike's statement is at-odds with equity goals."

there you have it. From the director of the Health Department of Illinois.

What studies were cited to come to this conclusion? This is amazing news, we can all stop with the vax mandates and hysteria and just focus on everyone masking forevermore. What kind of masks? Dunno. Does it ever matter? Just wear a mask, and you are gucci.

I'm going to get a mesh mask, so it's easier to breath. it's still a mask, so as far as this goes, it's all good. Even the crochet mask Allyssa Milano had would qualify. Mask up instead of vaxxing!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Which is to say....not at all.

edit on 1-9-2021 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just sew them to our faces already, with internal ball gag, that's what this is all about.

And somebody is going to be extreme confused right now

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll pass on the face diapers and DNA altering injections.

I’ll stick with what God gave me and works best — an immune system.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Vaccines have a long history of ending dangerous diseases

H1N1 vaxs says "Hey forget about me?"

H1N1 vax adverse reactions were reported after the pandemic was declared over.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
it is simply an admission that the vaccine is not effective.

we already have empirical evidence that masks are ineffective
(you see that "empirical evidence"? yea, science words make it science fact)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

The Illinois Department of Health director recently said that "masks are as effective as vaccines" amid a push to crack down on mask wearing in schools.

"If we actually want our kids to be in school for in-person learning, masking is a great protection and our best bet," Dr. Ngozi Ezike said last Thursday, according to Chalkbeat. "The bottom line is that masks are as effective as vaccines are."

Ezike is now facing criticism for the comment, with one Twitter user saying, "If the goal is to increase vax uptake -- and we know both Illinois & Chicago, uptake is lowest among Black & Latinx residents -- Dr Ezike's statement is at-odds with equity goals."

I'm going to get a mesh mask, so it's easier to breath. it's still a mask, so as far as this goes, it's all good. Even the crochet mask Allyssa Milano had would qualify. Mask up instead of vaxxing!

I've been using my homemade speaker grill cloth mask ever since this whole sh!tshow started. Never caught the 'VID so I can highly recommend its effectiveness.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Masks are just as effective as vaccines at dividing and de-indivdualising a target population based on status and appearance.

fixed it for you

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
just slice up those med masks a bit. then you can actually breathe. I haven't used one in almost a year but some people I know have to for work.

a reply to: underpass61

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Whip me daddy

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

there you have it. From the director of the Health Department of Illinois.

What studies were cited to come to this conclusion? This is amazing news, we can all stop with the vax mandates and hysteria and just focus on everyone masking forevermore. What kind of masks? Dunno. Does it ever matter? Just wear a mask, and you are gucci.

It is pretty clear with all the goal post moving none of these folks know WTF they are doing.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What studies were cited to come to this conclusion?

Indeed, what is she referencing? She has made the statement, is it in fact policy she is setting? appears not so far.

She seems very much focused on kids, including her medical training. I am wondering if this statement relates mostly to younger children and not the wider population.

'm going to get a mesh mask, so it's easier to breath.

Do some cardio.
Reduce your caloric intake.
Go outside and get fresh air (Mask free

Eat healthy foods.
Just some options that may help you.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Does anyone else remember when the diapers started rolling in, that the mainstream media were telling that they do not protect against the virus, but rather it creates a feeling that those who wear it are safe?

Then boom, mandatory face masks everywhere even if they just generate a feeling of safety?
But yeah, feeling safe is apparently mandatory now.
Clown world.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

I always laugh when someone calls a mask a face diaper, as I imagine the person is worried that some excrement will come flying out of their mouth and nose. When you get old enough, you will have to wear one on your mouth and in your pants if you have not already.

On topic - Yes, the message on masks has been confusing, though it seems to impose so minimally, is it really a big deal?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything

Which is to say....not at all.

Lol you beat me to it!

I read the title and that is exactly what I wanted to say

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

I always laugh when someone calls a mask a face diaper, as I imagine the person is worried that some excrement will come flying out of their mouth and nose. When you get old enough, you will have to wear one on your mouth and in your pants if you have not already.

On topic - Yes, the message on masks has been confusing, though it seems to impose so minimally, is it really a big deal?

You think wearing a mask all day at work or school "imposes minimally"? We disagree

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

And if we're being scientifically consistent, if a new study came out that said that natural immunity is more robust and longer-lasting than vaccine immunity, then it would be safe to say that children who have had COVID don't need masks.

But we're not being scientifically consistent...or even scientific...most of the time, are we?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

this would be cool...

breaks out air guitar... ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shasta9600

Please expand on your disagreement, how does it dramatically impact your life?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

I always laugh when someone calls a mask a face diaper, as I imagine the person is worried that some excrement will come flying out of their mouth and nose.

Well, I mean, isn't that what's happening with these folks actually creating the mask mandates (or recommending them)?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join