It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA truckers to do a protest like Australian truckers on the 31st

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Stop servicing blue states in any way possible. Treat them like Cuba circa the 60s. Blockades.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

How did Australian truckers put it, "If we stop, Australia stops."

I can see that, after putting the loads where the loading bays aren't, actually getting fast attention stateside. Oh it'll be manipulated to high hell and back as "terrorist truckers withholding food" or some #, but it SHOULD happen every few decades, most importantly as a lesson in our self-sabotaging infrastructure -- if you futz with the people tasked with keeping that system going, expect that avenue to have some proverbial gridlock to make points now and then.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If only they hadn't taken your guns away...

Oh wait, that's what all the people in the US say to us, when we protest.

Where are your patriots holding guns against tyranny... Right next to us, unarmed lot...

Unless you want to ask Bundy.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

They are in an industry that is designed to bleed them dry financially, most of them cannot afford to take off the time to protest.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They are in an industry that is designed to bleed them dry financially, most of them cannot afford to take off the time to protest.

Sounds like a pretty good reason to organize a protest to me (I already know it's a grueling money-suck for them)

Maybe the public DOES deserve to poop themselves for a day or two. Plenty of folks know trucking isn't what it's billed as for fast, big income, but keep treating truckers like they're livin' large anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The industry has well more than 100% turnover each year, they'll just find some other schmucks to do it.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The industry has well more than 100% turnover each year, they'll just find some other schmucks to do it.

So how's that method working out for waitstaff again?

Once people figure out the promised RoI isn't particularly good, they reconsider changing industries. Last year kinda rammed that one home bigger than crap -- it's not that there's people are afraid of losing the job in another shutdown, it's not that there's not enough people to staff restaurants here in MI, there is. People had enough of being underpaid and treated like #, so they hopped off the sinking ship and went elsewhere.

I wouldn't write truckers off entirely. People also wrote waiters & waitresses off, until the ranks got thinner.
edit on 8/31/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
So how's that method working out for waitstaff again?

Waitstaff aren't even remotely in the same financial predicament that most truckers are in where they are financially tied to their rigs with little or no hope of actually owning them one day and bankruptcy on the horizon.

edit on 31-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Dey terk er election

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SeventhChapter

4 years of TDS? I saw mostly pro trump threads on ATS. With the occasional anti-trump thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Pictures or video or it didn’t happen. I’ve chatted with various people about the mega anti vax, mask mandates, and anti green pass demonstrations…they look at me quizzically because the msm in US isn’t putting it on the tv or media. If the msm doesn’t report on it, no one will know or care.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: SeventhChapter

the fake WHO investigation on the origin of sarscov2
Inadequate, no doubt. Can't really force China to provide information. But not really relevant, unless you think that the disease doesn't exist at all. Do you think that? Some do.

the fake threads smearing HCQ and Ivermectin as therapeutics for treatment of COVID-19
Most of the threads seem to actually be in support of these things. Personally, I don't see any problem with using them (under medical supervision) but find evidence of efficacy lacking.

4 years of TDS threads
- 4 years of fake Russia collusion threads
And how about the next 4 years of political obsessions?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
If only ATS had a voted weekly to get rid of one member,I know who I'd vote for.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I drove 6 years back in the 80's, roughly 3 years off and on locally and 3 of and on cross-country. I drove more miles in 1 day driving locally than I ever did cross-country.
I made good pay driving cross-country, but spent a large portion of it just to eat and nearly starved to death driving locally. The majority of truck drivers out there work for someone else and risk being fired if they shut down.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That is the only way a trucker can get any quality time off at home. Back then, it was 1 day off for every week out. I live just west of the Mississippi River and one company I drove for 2wice, flucking "J.B. Hunt", they would load me out headed to the east coast and keep me there, running north to south for weeks on end. Sucking crap.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
The majority of truck drivers out there work for someone else and risk being fired if they shut down.

Most people don't realize this, they think they can tell the man to stick it but their financially hooked to whomever they work for and there's 1.5 other people willing to take their job.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Having issues finding up to date info on the strike today

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

This may have already posted.
cdllife.com...
Anti-vaccine-mandate protest in the works for US truckers, drivers claim

They continued to haul truckloads of crushed rock down into Louisiana by my house yesterday. I didn't witness any slowdown.
edit on 1-9-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I will just say get your supplies whenever you can this week or early this month. This would be a long while.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Dude ... you don't even need to be ALIVE to vote. ?
edit on 1-9-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: toned it down a lot. what I said to start was unwarranted

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wednesday 2.22.2022 (Sh*t hit the fan day.)

Canadian Truckers score significant "Wins" by protesting: www.abovetopsecret.com...

WHAT should American Truckers be mad about?

WHO should American Truckers be mad at?

HOW should they punish that person, or people?

Do American Truckers have the financial means to not work for a couple of weeks...or longer?

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Wednesday 2.22.2022 (Sh*t hit the fan day.)

Canadian Truckers score significant "Wins" by protesting: www.abovetopsecret.com...

WHAT should American Truckers be mad about?

WHO should American Truckers be mad at?

HOW should they punish that person, or people?

Do American Truckers have the financial means to not work for a couple of weeks...or longer?

I think the primary protest in Canada has to do with vaccine mandates? With the mask mandates being lifted, vaccines mandates are all that's left to protest against, in the Covid-19 arena.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join