It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narcissim on Full Display

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was sleepless last night so I was cruising around on Youtube watching turtles eating watermelon, a few eating challenges and wondering why I'm still up. I swear YT is really based on the Seven Deadly Sins, i.e. pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth. ALL of those are well represented on YT.

As it pertains to pride, feelings of authentic pride are thought to be related to having high self-esteem, while hubristic pride is related to narcissistic traits like entitlement, arrogance and egotism.

With that said, I came across this gentleman's channel and I couldn't stop watching his observations of TRUE narcissists going MAINSTREAM everywhere. He's quite comical as he narrates the clips contained in each short video. It's funny and at the same time is horrendously sickening what some of us have become.

We literally have armies of "influencer's" that are being trained to have the same mannerisms and deliveries as they spew their garbage ideals and "life lessons" on the feeble minded; mostly young viewers. It really shook me up because it is the epitome of smarmy, fake, repetitive programming that is fast becoming an acceptable way to interact. Here's an example: (language warning here and there..)

You'll have to excuse me while I vomit....

As you can see narcissism is trendy and even encouraged. However in our next videos, we get to witness just how utterly fake and depraved people have become by making SELF more important than authenticity. These videos were during the riots last year and will definitely have you shaking your head. These people are shameless:

Its gets worse:

And then there's this as well:

He makes me chuckle as well, but this really isn't that much of a laughing matter. Sometimes you can't even go about your own life while these narcissists are operating:

It's unreal because this type of behavior is gaining steam. Soon very few people will actually be themselves and will actually take comfort in that. They will be addicted to being what social media deems acceptable and worthy. I feel sorry for the whole lot, and I fear for the world quite frankly about the outcome of this horrific experiment. Its not looking good.

Anyway, I just wanted to share what insomnia can cause a person to research. The guy has a decent library of videos you can peruse if you're so inclined. Stay vigilante folks, because its behavior like this that is causing people to be hive-minded.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Capitalism is a manifestation of consumers.

Capitalism goes hand and hand with democracy. The idea is competition and self governance. Participation of citizens and reliance on awareness of the conditions.

Candidates and politicians will only be good if participation and knowledge are high, forcing a competitive environment.

Products will only be as smart and enriching as the consumers demand.

Media content is a representation of clicks and watches.

We are the problem, everything else is a manifestation of our participation, or lack there of in the governance area.
edit on 30-8-2021 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Nothing new, YouTube has always been as much of a cesspool as it's competition, then again Capitalism was meant to fuel a technocracy so whatever.

Some people love being on full display, kind of odd but whatever.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianSpy

Nothing new, YouTube has always been as much of a cesspool as it's competition, then again Capitalism was meant to fuel a technocracy so whatever.

Some people love being on full display, kind of odd but whatever.

So you find this to be harmless or trivial, odd but nothing to worry about?

Even someone with a semester of Psych 101 can see this isn't healthy.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Evil in the Last Days
1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. 2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good,…

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Even someone with a semester of Psych 101 can see this isn't healthy.

Yep, you're not wrong there. As comedic as some of it is, the underlying truth of what's actually taking place is very worrying.

For me the worry really started when it was admitted that the CIA were actually experimenting on facebook, you know, behavior modification, that sort of thing . Nobody really done anything, there wasn't really much of an outcry and facebook is still there. That, to me, pointed to an insanity that I was previously unaware of and now that insanity seems to have morphed into a worldwide psychosis easily manipulated by social media.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Most of the videos have less than a couple million views. But yeah, it's a sickness.

I have a friend who takes pics of herself and boyfriend all the time. I find it disgusting. But it's their thing and so many others.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

The technology is very seductive and appealing because it caters to ones instant gratification needs. We haven't even peaked yet concerning this trend which really isn't a trend. It's becoming how we are going to end up.

Let the switch flip and the internet is crippled or out for an extended time. These folks would absolutely lose it.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Most of the videos have less than a couple million views.

Interesting, because I've often heard and read people replying to comments on social boards ridiculing others for their lack of enough followers and views.

What do mean by that? Am I missing some type indicator your privy to?🤷🏾‍♂️
edit on 8/30/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hahah I was thinking about Joey toons 2 weeks back. We went to the falls and there was this complete twit, hanging over the railing above the after fall taking picture after picture of herself.
She was blocking the entire walkway, just posing away, bending over, and looking like a complete idiot.

She had to be 40 yrs old, but acting like she was 15.
Even my kids ages 13, 14, and 17 laughed as we walked by because they even knew she was making an ass of herself.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Geezus...🤦🏾‍♂️

Are a lot of us that empty inside? I thought this technology was supposed to bring us together in a meaningful way, not turn us into self-serving ego bots..

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Evil in the Last Days
1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. 2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good,…

That has already come to pass .

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
TV evangelicals, some ministers and fundamentalist Christians, that would be fun

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yeah : narcissism is weird and cool and all that ; but we should forget about them, and just pay attention to ourselves .

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

OMG what a cynical douchebag and how dry he delivers those insults.
I'm triggered
...laughing so hard I almost hurt myself
That's a guy I'd like to have coffee with, talking smack about everybody walking bye... and calling him YouTube influencer..
good times

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hahahaha, yeah I'd agree. He'd make a great pal to people watch in San Fran or Berkeley.

I appreciate seeing videos and commentary like this as a backstop for those who have nosedived head long into this psychosis having had little criticism. It may seem like petty insults, but there's loads of truth in these narrations.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:10 AM
link   

But haven't you heard, there are laws now because being mean on the internet is destroying lives!
If you want to go philosophical: there's this universe 25 experiment

As disturbing as it is it's still 'natural' because biologicals in quasi utopia... well *shrugs

And I mean if you want to go full conspiracy nut: the lockdowns as a solution to the overpopulated utopia forces the rats into seclusion. Because what is social media? A way for the technocrat to turn the irrational individual into data. Grooming beautiful ones if you will.

Sorry I'm just dropping bits

edit on 31-8-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thanks for that video! That was super interesting and prophetically chilling. What's intriguing is that the mouse population was decimated by their own behavior and not some outside biological threat or natural disaster.

The social roles became very apparent towards the end.."the beautiful ones", lol.

Although we're a bit more complex than mice, its still a fantastic study.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

A lot of them are only selling grandeur / glamour because it hijacks our biases (like the halo effect) and that gives them money, fame, and btches, I think.

So yeah, I think what we're looking at is less about narcissism and more about selling an image / themselves as a product - at least I think that is how it starts out and then maybe somewhere along the way they start to believe their own lie (that they're important).

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

But that's what narcissists do; they sell an artificial version of themselves (amongst other things) in order to disrupt and deceive their intended target(s). I guess you could say that the technology it's self is quite possibly turning out narcissists. I'm sure there's a study out there. If there isn't, there really should be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join