It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Buses of American women abducted by Taliban

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Since our dear Neo is too rich, swimming in his own crypto like scrooge McDuck, I've decided to share this news.

Keep in mind the only source is a tweet and I had to go to duck duck go to even get it.

Li nk

"We’re dealing with Kabul. There’s 7 buses of female American citizens. The CG refused to open the gate. We have a congressman with us and he had the state department reach out. MG Donahue refused. 10 minutes ago the females were taken by the Taliban. They are likely dead now."

Why is the MSM propping up the Taliban as good guys? These are vermin.

Also keep in mind that after May, we became the bad guy by not upholding our end of the agreement to get out of Afghanistan.

This keeps getting worse.

ETA: stolen from user Face.
www.emilypostnews.com...
edit on 30-8-2021 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There is a NYPost article with more info ( don’t know if true; just adding to your thread-terrifying just the same):
nypost.com...

“We had seven buses filled with world-renowned orchestra performers — 280 girls all approved to go,” said Robert Stryk, a Washington fixer who has been coordinating private evacuation efforts in conjunction with former Navy SEAL and US Congressman Scott Taylor (R-Va.). “Our hearts are broken,” he added. “These young girls spent 17 hours on a hot bus with no food or water and were 393 feet from freedom but were denied entry into the airport because the United States government gave [the Taliban] the power to override the US Army’s 82nd Airborne.

ETA: The Article is stating they are Afghan girls with some Americans:

It could have been a slim success story in the frantic end to the two-decade conflict, but it morphed into the fall of a dark curtain when the performers belonging to the Afghanistan National Institute of Music were left to languish ahead of the final civilian evacuation efforts over the weekend. According to Stryk and Taylor, the buses were sent to three different airport gates. The group honored a request from the US government to add seven US citizens to the busload — and were finally told to wait in line for “final approval from the Taliban.” “The bird was right there on the tarmac waiting for them, this was an operation we had been playing for days, and everyone at the highest levels of government knew about it. These are girls whose school had already been ransacked, and the US military approved their departure,” Taylor lamented, stressing that he exhausted all his political contacts and leverage in the final fight for the girls’ freedom.

edit on 30-8-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: Add info

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Keep in mind the only source is a tweet and I had to go to duck duck go to even get it.

Reading through the comments under your sourced article, someone posted this link to a New York Times article stating that it was confirmation of this.

www.nytimes.com...

I can't read it without a subscription, but the title of the article just says:
'American University of Afghanistan students and relatives trying to flee were sent home'

so it may not be confirmation that they were taken by the Tollibon, but may at least be confirmation of the buses being refused entry.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Nice find. Thanks for the addition.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Why is the MSM propping up the Taliban as good guys?

Really?
Do you have an example of this?

+39 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why is the MSM propping up the Taliban as good guys?

Really?
Do you have an example of this?

Holy crap a CNN reporter said well they are chanting death to America but they seem nice .

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Fox News's Jennifer Griffith, who has been covering ME affairs for decades and has developed excellent sources over the years, has reported a little on this as well. She reported an operator on the ground in Kabul with evacuees that were left behind, including children.

These are retired American special operators who went to Afghanistan of their own accord who are still on the ground helping those who were left behind. They have no official standing and have received zero government support.

In fact, the State Department was actively resisting their effort, getting allied countries to deny them entry and landing rights for privately-chartered flights because it was embarrassing to the Biden administration. The Biden State Department was trying to prevent these people from saving lives because it was bad for their own optics.

Our leaders are criminals.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

It's customary to provide actual evidence.

At least, it used to be. Not saying I doubt you, you understand.

edit on 8/30/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

So apparently they even had a flight planned. They just needed through the gates. The plane was there, ready to go.

Your source says it was mostly Afghan women (280), with 7 U.S. Citizens also on board.

Afghan girls who have devoted their entire lives to making melodies have not only been silenced amid the Taliban takeover — they have been barred from entering the US military-run airport in Kabul.

Now, the clock has run out.

“We had seven buses filled with world-renowned orchestra performers — 280 girls all approved to go,”

According to Stryk and Taylor, the buses were sent to three different airport gates. The group honored a request from the US government to add seven US citizens to the busload — and were finally told to wait in line for “final approval from the Taliban.”

nypost.com...

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Here's one.

www.axios.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

That quote was widely used but it wasn't accurate.

"[The Taliban are] just chanting 'death to America' but they seem friendly at the same time. It's utterly bizarre,"

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It seems to me that the author is quite skeptical of the Taliban's overtures.

The militants are offering vague assurances that they have changed with the times, while foreign powers are assessing what leverage they have to hold the insurgents-turned-rulers to those promises.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Yes you are correct. I did ETA. Sometimes I get too excited and don’t post all of my thoughts at one time and then have to edit- I apologize.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Ah yes, skeptical.

Rightly so.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Whether we can trust the Taliban (we can't) isn't even the whole issue. The Taliban has tenuous control of the country. There are numerous other groups that won't hesitate to kidnap and kill Americans. That's a huge, gaping hole in the "it's okay we left people behind because the Taliban will help us get them out" angle.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Is this real?
edit on 8302021 by GuitaristRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Biden promised not to leave anyone behind!

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Guess guns are safe then....

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well this will surely make headlines for the whole week if it starts to come out.

Heads will roll in the administration over this....

WTF happened there? This is getting more and more insane as to how inept this administration has been. It is almost as if they are just guessing at this stuff and haven't all been in politics for decades and the POTUS even having worked on Afghanistan throughout a LOT of his career as a senator and a VP.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well this will surely make headlines for the whole week if it starts to come out.

Heads will roll in the administration over this....

I wouldn't be so sure. The feminist groups are all about lip service when it comes to women's rights, but they're not gonna hold a precious Democrat leader accountable over. All of these pet groups are Democrats first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join