It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Wheeler Restaurants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So this is more of an invention than a prediction. I just didn't know where to place it.

Ohkay, so imagine an 18 wheeler restaurant that can come to social gathering events. It pops out like a camper. You can either dine in the wheeler or they will serve you outside also.

It would be pretty expensive to start it up. Would need a well funded investor or already have a major food business. The truck would half to be specifically suited for the design of handling cold & heat.

It could eventually be a chain around the country & or around the world. I think whoever does this will be very very rich in years to come. Especially with all of the restrictions that might pursue in the later years it will be a nice way for families & friends to have dinners. Or weddings & parties & such.

It would take a couple years to get the first wheeler out but well worth it I think. Matter of fact it will be a future thriving business by someone one day, I know it.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ObviousTruth

Really not a bad idea.
It could serve road kill it picks up between locations.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So basically a mega food truck

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Truckers are not to be messed with, Truckers just might be the MIGHTY who stop all this nonsense. They rule the supply chain. Mess with them and you mess with the backbone of AMERICA!

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This brings to mind the image of Gordon Ramsay and the kitchen truck setup he had on the show 24 hours to hell and back. Great idea.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sapientbeing

oh so he already dubbed it. bummer

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So basically a bunch of these, but with deployable tables too:

There are a lot of these type of trucks already out there, as well as firms that will custom build one for you and your restaurant needs. It's not a bad idea, and if built out like the classic American Dinner could be a massive cash cow.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Not burst your bubble but Volvo Trucks tend to be the most fuel efficient, smoothest ride and easiest to drive. Might want to look over some used truck prices. These are fairly common prices and wasn’t unexpected to what I looked at 15 years ago.

Also trailers are extra but not horrible on prices. The alterations will be about what you would pay for good food truck though. So $25k-35k. Day cabs are cheaper than sleepers, though so $100k-$150 would be about startup cost before food and other consumables.

Then comes the hard part. Licensing and locations to setup. Big rigs are universally hated by cities and towns. Small towns don’t really like food trucks (even hotdog carts) very much...you won’t have a prayer in a one horse town with this. And even if you did...limited customer base there.

A friend wanted to do a pull behind food trailer/concession stand with the idea of working with auctioneers at larger two day estate sales. Just to get his feet wet and his name out there for clientele before expanding into fairs and festivals. He never did it. It wasn’t the startup cost, just the hedging the gamble as to if he’d break even before winter.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join