It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Starfall.....anyone know anything?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: 1947boomer

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I swear, this screams like a big, FAT hint at that space weapon reveal we've been promised this year. And considering the name, it makes sense. Starfall being a term for falling stars, could be the oggity boogity space rock weapon that's been theorized.....

Having worked on "space rock" defense for 25 years at NASA, the first thing to say is that there is no oogity boogity space rock weapon under development because it doesn't make any sense, militarily. It is theoretically possible to steer a space rock onto a collision course with some particular location on Earth's surface, but it would make a really lousy weapon.

Stopping right here, because you're missing the lingo nod, not the technical aspects. "Space Rock Blaster", among other nicknames, refers to the suspected ANTI-SATELLITE weapon this could be.

Not bringing rocks down to Earth as weapons, lmfao.

OK, my mistake; fill me in on the lingo. Where do “space rocks” figure into an ASAT weapon?

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Isaiah 14:12 we read, "How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!"

Matthew 24:29
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Revelation 6:13
And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I swear, this screams like a big, FAT hint at that space weapon reveal we've been promised this year. And considering the name, it makes sense. Starfall being a term for falling stars, could be the oggity boogity space rock weapon that's been theorized.....

Having worked on "space rock" defense for 25 years at NASA, the first thing to say is that there is no oogity boogity space rock weapon under development because it doesn't make any sense, militarily. It is theoretically possible to steer a space rock onto a collision course with some particular location on Earth's surface, but it would make a really lousy weapon.

Stopping right here, because you're missing the lingo nod, not the technical aspects. "Space Rock Blaster", among other nicknames, refers to the suspected ANTI-SATELLITE weapon this could be.

Not bringing rocks down to Earth as weapons, lmfao.

OK, my mistake; fill me in on the lingo. Where do “space rocks” figure into an ASAT weapon?

Re-read what you just wrote and called the damn thing.

Now, re-read the nickname:

Space
Rock
Blaster

Infinitely cooler-sounding than "ASAT weapon", bruh.

Edit: Seriously, pull the stick outta there, will ya? Fun and/or funny nicknames rule the layman roost, not bland technical monikers.
edit on 8/30/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jondashipsu

I don't think that it. I'm not sure that even has a project name at this point. It's just a contract to SpaceX to work. I believe the SpaceX contract has already been approved as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Hold on to your hat, you're owed an apology from me over the terminology debate. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how you kept leaping to meteors as weapons when we're both saying its anti-sat. I DID say space rocks, twice, where I meant satellites like you also mean.

Space Rock Blaster came about from the brief theory the November date & demo would target an asteroid or something. Space Rock Blaster stuck, and those of us rubbernecking really do all (most of us) think its anti-sat stuff. It's still a funny 50's b-movie sci-fi throwback

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Delete
edit on 30-8-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   
financial blog

... no idea if related, interesting...

THE STARFALL OF FINANCIAL PYRAMIDS.

17 Августа, 2021

It seems that in the near future Tatarstan and Kazan will be covered not by the discussion of candidates for deputies of the State Duma, but by the discussion of the "stars" of the Finico pyramid. The Internet publication "Business-online" gave a start to this discussion of "stars".
Now let's talk about these stars in detail:

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Isaiah 14:12 we read, "How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!"

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.

lmao... quoting the buybull as proof of anything is as ludicrous as quoting harry potter to prove wizards.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

lmao... quoting the buybull as proof of anything is as ludicrous as quoting harry potter to prove wizards.

I am pretty sure that soon we will all realize we had opinions but there are opinions and reality.

John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Luke 9:26
Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

I am pretty sure that soon we will all realize we had opinions but there are opinions and reality.

John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Luke 9:26
Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

lol... quoting the bible to prove the bible. Religious nut logic 101.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Jesus could feed the 5 thousand men with 2 fish, but the fish were the size of a constellation so there was a lot of waste

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Well, this is disappointing...

H.R.5123 - American Freedom and Internet Access Act of 2021

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “American Freedom and Internet Access Act of 2021”.

SEC. 2. OPERATION STARFALL.

Not later than 45 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of the Air Force, in consultation with the Chief of Space Operations, shall develop and begin implementation of “Operation Starfall”, a strategic plan to deploy stratospheric balloons, aerostats, or satellite technology capable of rapidly delivering wireless internet anywhere on the planet from the stratosphere or higher.

Edit to add:

For what it's worth, Florida checks out as it's where SpaceX's Starlinks are primarily launched from.

A lot of the locations where sponsors came from also currently have aerostats for surveillance that could be easily converted to this mission.

Edit to add to add to the edit to add:

Here's a picture of the Cudjoe Key Aerostat and a post with some information on it.

edit on 8/31/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

edit on 8/31/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response to the added additional response.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Well, this is disappointing...

H.R.5123 - American Freedom and Internet Access Act of 2021

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “American Freedom and Internet Access Act of 2021”.

SEC. 2. OPERATION STARFALL.

Not later than 45 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of the Air Force, in consultation with the Chief of Space Operations, shall develop and begin implementation of “Operation Starfall”, a strategic plan to deploy stratospheric balloons, aerostats, or satellite technology capable of rapidly delivering wireless internet anywhere on the planet from the stratosphere or higher.

Edit to add: For what it's worth, Florida checks out as it's where SpaceX's Starlinks are primarily launched from.

A lot of the locations where sponsors came from also currently have aerostats for surveillance that could be easily converted to this mission.

So it appears Starlink may have the same fate as Iridium....becoming a government asset, except able to track any and all traffic.

Not as interesting as I had hoped, but interesting in its own way.

I followed Iridium for a long time and this seems to be government doing the same with Starlink,

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Iridium isn't a government asset. They're still a publicly traded company and the satellites are in operation. They do have a super fat pay fixed price contract with the DoD though.

It is a bummer they no longer flare.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I agree, what a major letdown. I really WAS hoping for Orbital Pew-Pews & a demo of the concept. That, and the meme potential was pretty vast there

I'm not sure if Musk would just hand it over to the government, though. It sounds much more like the bill is looking to introduce government-sponsored internet.

In other words, China's internet control is creeping suspiciously this way.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

edit on 31-8-2021 by lacretiajohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

This just means we have more time for wild speculation on the space weapon! Go crazy with it!

Asteroid redirect to impact?
Large scale Havana Syndrome emitter?
Beaming Rick Astley directly into the minds of your enemies?
Anti-anti-satellite weapon? Anti-anti-anti-satellite weapon?

Who knows!

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: Nyiah

This just means we have more time for wild speculation on the space weapon! Go crazy with it!

Beaming Rick Astley directly into the minds of your enemies?

Dude.

DUDE.

That's genius. Utterly freakin' genius. We'd get rid of all the fundie terrorists inside of a day with that on repeat

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Last I heard many years ago...numerous large space craft movement seen from time to time hiding and moving behind Saturn....

Do you have a link tk this story?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They are preparing for the arrival of this particular star....

1 And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit. 3 Then from the smoke came locusts on the earth, and they were given power like the power of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any green plant or any tree, but only those people who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were allowed to torment them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings someone. 6 And in those days people will seek death and will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them.
Revelation 9:1‭, ‬3‭-‬6 ESV

bible.com...

Soul

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join