It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media coverage of Hurricane Ida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have some serious doubts of the media coverage of Ida. I regularly check the site earth nullschool for wind speeds, I am just mesmerized and fascinated with it. It gives you realtime windspeeds anywhere on the planet in real time. and the map is just beautiful.

earth.nullschool.net...

Now I have been watching Ida since before it was officially anything, that is the other cool aspect of this site is you can see the circulation before they even call it on noaa. Well Ida was never much more than a cat 1 for its entire life and that includes landfall in louisianna. The wind speeds have never been much more than 100 mph, yet the media has been reporting it as a cat 4 , borderline cat5. I feel they are doing this to pump ratings and push several storylines to include the katrina anniversary, climate change, etcetera. I even some some articles trying to imply a possible nuclear event ala Fukushima. Now how many hurricanes have hit this same area and the nuclear plant has never been an issue, but now they are trying to scare people because there is a nuke plant there?

I believe everything we are seeing is because they know they are losing grip on control of us because of the access to information we have now( i am honestly surprised they let it happen) When you think about all throughout history the way the rulers have kept power over the population is they control the information. In the beginning it was kings did not let people have education and the people depended on the ruling class to tell them what they needed to know, then the people started getting educated and the printing press came out, but they could still control what was printed, then radio and tv came out, but they created agencies(FCC) that would control what was broadcast, then the genie was out of the bottle with the internet so basically they have created confusion through disinformation and the people don't know what to believe now and I think the ruling class hopes we turn back to them and ask them to tell us what to believe.

I don't know , this could be the thoughts of a man on the start of a dissent into madness. But my 6th sense tells me the world does not feel right. And I think a lot of us feel this.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jondashipsu

Nullschool uses a model (GFS). It is not real time, not even close.

This is the main reason why the wind speeds on earth.nullschool.net are lower than measured by actual planes flying through the hurricane. In most cases, the average wind speed on a 0.5° grid is perfectly fine for representing common weather conditions. But in the extreme conditions near the eyes of hurricanes, the size of the grid becomes critical in being able to resolve the fine-grained details. Too coarse and the accuracy goes down.
www.facebook.com...

According to the wind speed app this thing never got past a category one yet all the sensationalistic reporting is reporting it is a cat 4 , borderline cat 5.
It was, when it made landfall.

Never have we been able to look at windspeeds anywhere on earth in real time.
Is hourly good enough? If not I might be able to find some higher resolution stuff but you know that there are not anemometers located everywhere.
forecast.weather.gov...

edit on 8/29/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Dear nondescript deity … are you still at this?

Ya got to get out of this archetype .. it’s not not helping them or you.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schrodingers dog

Hey, old timer.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think are are living in such crazy times lol. This war in information is the best they can do right now. It's been a transition period. Give us access to "some" knowledge and information online in exchange for a transhumanist world.

This just feels like the transitioning period. And i also wonder if they are purposely trying to piss us off too to create a rebellion.

That will "unite" people but in a very scary way because I feel that would involve something like the antichrist to save the day, which sounds even worse considering the amount of deception that course of events would result in.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I have been reading twitter feeds most of the day and following Ida, this was not a category 1 by any means. storm surges are happening now in certain areas and people are on the roofs of their houses and the water is still rising. all the power is out in all of New Orleans.

La Place is an area there that have many reports of people needing help because of flooding.

Hard to believe some of the pump stations didnt have backup generators for them and they stopped working because of the power outage.

Think there will be alot more damage overnight and in the morning that will not look like it was caused by a category 1 hurricane.
edit on 29-8-2021 by alphacenturi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I will admit now that I don't have any hard or fast scientific knowledge to add to this conversation, simply empirical (so take it with a grain of salt I suppose). I don't follow the world much any longer save for the internet (trusted sources). However, I sat down tonight and the nightly news was just starting, and the lead was of course the hurricane. I did notice 2 things that, to me, very much supported the OPs assertion. One was the "man on the street" reporting. It certainly didn't look like much to me, though they were reporting from the "heart of the storm". They were wearing baseball caps! How do you wear a cap in a hurricane?

Secondly, when the actual meteorologist came on with the map to show wind speeds, they were incredibly low. I don't think I saw one in the graphic over 50 miles per hour. Again, this was one snippet of my observation of this event, so don't bother with debating me because I'm 100% convinced that a ton more people have a lot more evidence about this then my, none the less, this is what I saw on the news tonight.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Tonight my wife flipped on the weather channel to see what was going on (her brother lives not far from NOLA). Watching the Weather Channel during a hurricane is always amusing.

I watched a guy who was deliberately standing on a sidewalk next to an alley between two large buildings where the winds will always be significantly greater...just for a more dramatic scene. There were people standing on the same sidewalk on the leeward side of the buildings both in front and back of him and it was nearly calm. The "reporter" was getting blown around like he was standing in the jet blast of a 747 taking off. I just had to laugh.

I pointed this out to my wife and she commented about how I always notice details like this. What was interesting about her comment was, I wondered how many millions of others wouldn't notice such details either. Such drama queens, the "news" media! They're all a bunch of pathological LIARS!

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   
We've got plenty of posters living in Louisiana.

LSU is going to have a TOTAL field day with this guy. When his power's back on, & assuming he still has a damn house, that is.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Tonight my wife flipped on the weather channel to see what was going on (her brother lives not far from NOLA). Watching the Weather Channel during a hurricane is always amusing.

I watched a guy who was deliberately standing on a sidewalk next to an alley between two large buildings where the winds will always be significantly greater...just for a more dramatic scene. There were people standing on the same sidewalk on the leeward side of the buildings both in front and back of him and it was nearly calm. The "reporter" was getting blown around like he was standing in the jet blast of a 747 taking off. I just had to laugh.

I pointed this out to my wife and she commented about how I always notice details like this. What was interesting about her comment was, I wondered how many millions of others wouldn't notice such details either. Such drama queens, the "news" media! They're all a bunch of pathological LIARS!

I noticed a news anchor standing close enough to the water so he was literally getting battered by the storm surge, waves actually hitting him in the head.

If he stood another 10 feet to the right they wouldn't have touched him. There was no need for this, live cams all over that coast, and live streamers/chasers were showing just how bad it was, so this coverage this can't really be faked.

It also explains why I saw so many people in the live chat saying it was fake.

We know you can't fix stupid though 😕
edit on 30-8-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

When i was in school many ages ago, i had to write a paper about the flow of information in the US. Like i said it was ages ago and some details area bit foggy but the gist is this, after WW2 the way that those in charge released info was changed. Prior to this the idea was to let out as little as possible so that people would not know what was going on. After the idea changed to release ALL of it. The concept was that the flood of info would be so much that no human could possibly process all of it. This information overload made people basically not care about many things and in turn made them blind to what was going on.

A basic summery in a nut shell.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleReamus

Dude is hinging his argument on a NOT live wind map. For example, click that link and check out the W MI area. As in right NOW, not on rewind, or later today. NOW.

It's trying to tell me around GR, the wind is a steady 10 MPH.

It's dead #ing still outside, I know that because I live right in that zone on the map. The map is not correct for surface winds and not even current.

I'm also from west FL myself, so I've been through my fair share of 'storms and 'canes. Dollars to donuts, OP is a landlocked landlubber who's never even been through anything worse than a bad thunderstorm.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I kind of agree with the OP to a point. One thing that isn't being mentioned here. Could the media be playing up the force of the hurricane so that Biden can take the credit for the success of the recovery?

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nope, you are wrong there. I was born and raised in SE florida coast near palm beach. So try again.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jondashipsu
It gives you realtime windspeeds anywhere on the planet in real time.

Based on the Nullschool About page you are incorrect.

"a visualization of global weather conditions
forecast by supercomputers
updated every three hours

earth.nullschool.net...

Also see Phage post.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Did you actually read what i said? I did not say anything about whether or not his info was acurate or not. I was talking about how information is given in this country.

new topics

top topics

join