It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids, covid, variants?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My family was diagnosed with covid, all adults are vaxxed. The adults have the loss of taste, aches, fatigue and mental fog people have described. The kids all less than 10 years old have been carrying fevers for over two weeks. They seem otherwise fine, normal behavior for them, mostly unphased and just want to play outside still, but they are tired and have some body aches but mostly unaffected by their fever. The doctors all keep telling them how dangerous “this variant” is, however they haven’t been diagnosed with a variant, just the standard spit test which showed covid in the sample.

Despite being vaxxed, and having covid, all the adults just wish the kids had been vaxxed to “so they’d be ok”. Doctors tell them they are recovering OK, just slowly but don’t require hospitalization and don’t expect them to.

All the variants sound like how colds and flus in the past (we never catch those now) and signal an endemic, not a pandemic as we continue to live with this virus. It’s odd there is little motivation to have an actual diagnosis to discern and trace the variant, it does seem as though much of the information they have been offered is just assumptions. The doctors also have seemingly stoked fear in them, when the kids were diagnosed they made molds for ventilator masks immediately following, but not the adults, certainly a calming activity for their mother...

Are others having similar experiences? As we approach school, are your kids being diagnosed and carrying symptoms? Does what variant, if any even matter? It seems if kids are being more affected by a new variant, that’s something different than previous strains and would be very important information that should be known?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, the kids should now have natural immunity to the virus. So I wouldn't think that they need to be vaccinated even if it becomes available. They should give vaccine cards to people who had the disease since they have better immunity usually than those who took the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Neobucket

Covid is a cold, from the same colds that affect humanity for centuries, but now has been rebranded for maximum profits of new technology.

Is not the adults what pharma wants, is the children, they are the generations upon generations of milking cows for profits.

If you children are healthy, getting their schedule rounds of what used to be common colds, they have nothing to fear, we all know and grew up with runny, noses, fever, cough and maladies, we are still here.

But new generations forgot how life used to be before covid.

You are the adult, you make the decisions and you control your children lives.

Vax or no vax, is up to you and your family to think about and decided the next step.

Good luck, I am glad I do not have to made decisions for others that are too young to made decisions of their own and then watch those decisions side effects for life.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Covid is a cold, from the same colds that affect humanity for centuries, but now has been rebranded for maximum profits of new technology.

Is not the adults what pharma wants, is the children, they are the generations upon generations of milking cows for profits.

If you children are healthy, getting their schedule rounds of what used to be common colds, they have nothing to fear, we all know and grew up with runny, noses, fever, cough and maladies, we are still here.

Vax or no vax, is up to you and your family to think about and decided the next step.

Good luck, I am glad I do not have to made decisions for others that are too young to made decisions of their own and then watch those decisions side effects for life.

Covid is not a cold, this "cold" has killed millions around the world.

Shame on you. I hope you get it.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Kids usually catch rhinovirus which they have little immunity to which can reduce severity of covid. Adults have more immunity to rhinovirus built up over the years, so adults are less likely to catch rhinovirus and so they have more symptoms when they get covid.

rhinovirus blocks covid
edit on 29-8-2021 by amazingexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Shame on you. I hope you get it. my whole family has it right now, including diabetic mom and 80 year old grandparents, they seem like they have a bad cold, maybe a little more body aches though.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland

They died with covid, not necessarily from covid. Almost all covid deaths are really old people or cancer patients or AIDS patients. By the same metric, cold kills nearly a billion every year.
edit on 29-8-2021 by amazingexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazingexplorer

originally posted by: AlecHolland

They died with covid, not necessarily from covid. Almost all covid deaths are really old people or cancer patients or AIDS patients. By the same metric, cold kills nearly a billion every year.

A billion people die from cold every year do they now?

Lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Get a life, cancer and hart diseases are the real killers in the world along with pneumonia, yep you know those three diseases right? they have been forgotten because covid.

Yep brainwashing is working just fine.

Do you even know how many people died in the world every year? get the stats they will surprise you, is close to over 50m and that was before covid.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Oh good! The kids will all have natural immunity! What a gift! So glad they are doing well. After two weeks their immune systems should be kicking in. Next time, it will be ready or if it's years later, it will kick in within days, not two weeks.

Your choice to vax or not, but personally I wouldn't mess with their natural immunity.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Oh good! The kids will all have natural immunity! What a gift! So glad they are doing well. After two weeks their immune systems should be kicking in. Next time, it will be ready or if it's years later, it will kick in within days, not two weeks.

Your choice to vax or not, but personally I wouldn't mess with their natural immunity.
I didn’t really feel the need to specify, but I’m referring to my sister, parents and her children. My wife and I are unvaxxed.

I was of the understanding kids shouldn’t be as vulnerable, but all three have been carrying a fever for the 14 days now. How does natural immunity work from variant to variant? If I understand correct, If I caught this seasons cold, I’m not immune to next seasons.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, the kids should now have natural immunity to the virus. So I wouldn't think that they need to be vaccinated even if it becomes available. They should give vaccine cards to people who had the disease since they have better immunity usually than those who took the vaccine.
it’s a shame how we’ve accepted an illness, can cause the removal of rights of the people. Not a fan of showing papers. The kids should... but they are still carrying fevers... ?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Is a reason why is not cure for colds, because it keeps mutating constantly, some are no as bad others can send people specially those with pre existing conditions to the ER.

Covid will do the same for ever as covid is from the common cold family, soo is here to stay and we all going to get it with vax or without vax.

Now 14 days with fever I never heard of that, sounds like some kind of infection, perhaps some testing from the pediatrician should help find out what is going on.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You seem to have focused on your misunderstanding of me and some version of morality you wish to project on me, rather than discussing the questions I’ve put forward. Hey it’s the internet so you do you, but read my other posts in this thread...

So quick to judge

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No in the a million years,

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Is a reason why is not cure for colds, because it keeps mutating constantly, some are no as bad others can send people specially those with pre existing conditions to the ER.

Covid will do the same for ever as covid is from the common cold family, soo is here to stay and we all going to get it with vax or without vax.

Now 14 days with fever I never heard of that, sounds like some kind of infection, perhaps some testing from the pediatrician should help find out what is going on.

they’ve been to the doctors a few times through this experience. One does have a sinus infection and is in antibiotic, but the others do not. This is why I ask if others have had similar experience?

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   

This a very good article from the Cleveland Clinic, in relation to covid in children.

“Generally speaking, children who become infected with COVID-19 have very mild symptoms if they have any of all. It’s been rare to see a child get very ill from COVID-19 regardless of the strain. So far, it does not appear that the delta strain has caused more severe illness in children even though it’s highly transmittable and much more contagious. But we certainly need to keep a close watch since this situation is constantly evolving.”

health.clevelandclinic.org...

Is been a while since my children were small but I remember persistent fever and usually was treated by antibiotics like you posted.

I hope they get over the infection soon,

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Sounds more like they got Mono or Cytomegalovirus (CMV). A recurring fever every day for over two weeks is usually the main symptom.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I didn’t really feel the need to specify, but I’m referring to my sister, parents and her children. My wife and I are unvaxxed.

I was of the understanding kids shouldn’t be as vulnerable, but all three have been carrying a fever for the 14 days now. How does natural immunity work from variant to variant? If I understand correct, If I caught this seasons cold, I’m not immune to next seasons.

The initial strain, did not hit kids, this one(Delta) does seem to cause more infections in kids. I think the Spanish flu, did about the same thing, the first strain was hitting a different age group, than succeeding variants.
edit on 29-8-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My 14 year old daughter had zero symptoms and only got tested because me and her mother were positive about a month ago. Step daughter and her 2 kids also had it. The 2 year old was cranky for a couple of days and the 6 year old was slept a lot for a week. Definitely nothing bad enough to even worry about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join