It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booster Shots and Stinky Gear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just recalled, I came across various lamps and devices that claim to kill almost 100 percent of germs and bacteria in various sizes (from entire venues to just cellular phone cleaners).

Perhaps you could get one of these and also leave your equipment under it when not in use?

Not sure about smells, but it should go some way to alleviate any concern for the immune-compromised around you.

There's various products, this just an example.
www.csirairclean.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Oh, I'm not worried about my gear causing my mom any issues.

There are a just a group of us ladies in the same age range who are wondering if there is a way to deal with the sweat smell in our gear. It's not like we're shrinking violets. We'll cope if there isn't, but it's a different thing for us for sure. Not even the one who played rugby has really had to deal with sweat-soaked pads before and how to try to de-stink them.

My biggest sports issue before was how to stop my blisters from bleeding through my shoes when running.
edit on 29-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Yes good that you write it, I forgot to write that about every part being toxic, but for the flower leaves, there is no problem, no skin irritation or anything.

Good that you added this!

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Leaving things as much open to the sun (I mean whatever cannot be regularly washed and boiled).
As a male I wouldn't even care, but that's where my mom leaves the shoes and the tog-bag and the gloves.
A good "sun-bath" whenever possible.
But the winter this year in Cape Town without much sunlight was horrible, so even I'm looking into these lamps.

Spray and incense and stuff like that - if it works for you, but generally so many people will get allergies or other irritations.

As males, we're pretty much accustomed to body-odor (never mind that nothing ever removes a pee scent from our locker-rooms).
Although after every shower there's this huge deodorant ritual, which makes me suspect nothing can stink after this, it saturates the tissues in my bag (lol).
And yeah, we can probably spray it so carelessly, because generally it's cheaper than what's sold to women, although it's probably the same stuff in different cans.
But I mean, you don't exactly spray into your jocks or helmet.

P.S. As for the lamps, many gyms and other sport's clubs are getting them due to Covid-19.
edit on 29-8-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join