It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid released from lab to justify authoritarianism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
In 2019 Hong Kong protest, the CPC knew the protest would have the upper hand because this time around media is more advanced and more accessible and so they can't just go around shooting up protestors like in 1989. So they released covid from lab to impose emergency powers and lock down everything and arrest anyone who defy emergency powers. Western governments have yearned to be authoritarian like China but didn't have a good excuse and they know people in democracies won't have authoritarianism and there are checks and balances so after China pulled this trick they said, hmm that's a good idea, and followed suit, and imposed emergency powers and authoritarianism, doing away with the law and checks and balances. I believe this is the most likely scenario. What do you think?

edit on 28-8-2021 by amazingexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A very plausible thought indeed.

One that particularly Democratic Party states and cities took to heart immediately and fully embraced.

Liberals were anxious for an excuse to embrace totalitarian authoritarianism will gusto, for sure.

edit on 8/28/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazingexplorer

Yes, but go one step further. Who controls the CCP.
There is one group.
One agenda
They needed to take down the US before they could implement complete control of human population.
This war is on several levels the public would could consider straight out of a sci-fi movie.
We have been lied to on such a scale that most, even if they were spoon fed the truth, would still not believe it.
Humanity would win this war pretty quickly if more would just wake up to what is going on.
All we needed to do was choose not to go along with their manufactured reality.
It’s as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Authoritarianism already existed in China. C19 was not needed. It was a cluster f that certain groups took advantage of, as they always do.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Axios
Authoritarianism already existed in China. C19 was not needed. It was a cluster f that certain groups took advantage of, as they always do.

While authoritarianism exited in China, now authoritarianism exists in every country.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Meh, you could argue that it already existed everywhere to some degree.

This all got out of control and would be too obvious of a mechanism.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What about COVID-19 released from bat grooming salon, as belated 18th anniversary gift?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I feel so oppressed. I wear a piece of cloth over my mouth at work.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The gag over the mouth might be some sort of meme to say shut up you are now muzzled.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I feel so oppressed. I wear a piece of cloth over my mouth at work.

you deserve all that you get.

new topics

top topics

join