It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Huawei gets U.S. Approvals To Buy Auto Chips, Sparking Blow Back

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I guess Biden's administration has decided to help the Chinese get further into the smart car market. Strange that the Biden Admin is approving this since we have a chip shortage right?

So much for the Trump chip restrictions.

www.nasdaq.com...

Underscoring the shift into smart cars, the company's rotating chairman Eric Xu announced pacts with three state-owned Chinese carmakers, including BAIC Group, to supply "Huawei Inside", a smart vehicle operating system, at the Shanghai Auto Show earlier this year.

In another sign of Huawei's ambition in the space, after suppliers have received licenses authorizing the sale of tens of millions of dollars of chips to Huawei, the company has requested they apply again and request higher values such as one or two billion, one source said. Licenses are generally good for four years.

Richard Barnett, chief marketing officer at a global electronics consultancy called Supply Frame, said Huawei is in the "early innings" of trying to invest in the $5 trillion automotive market that has large potential growth both inside and outside of China.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm certain at this point that after Biden is out, his first book deal will be "Ninety-Nine ways to commit treason".

I wonder how much he is getting paid to an offshore account for doing this.
edit on 28-8-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: eta

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I guess I don't get it.

Chinas 'technical prowess' comes from stealing western tech.

The last thing a communist country needs from us is more money.

The US has labeled five Chinese tech companies, including Huawei, as national security risks. President Joe Biden may be continuing his predcessor's hardline stance against China's growing technological dominance.

Well that sure didn't happen.
edit on 28-8-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Although Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei acknowledges having served in China’s military as a deputy director (a technical rank inside the engineering corps) of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), he adamantly denies that the Chinese government and the army were involved in the founding of his company.

Yeah right.

Huawei is bad news.

Another disastrous decision by the manchurian candidate.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Add one more bullet point to the enormous amount of evidence of Chinese takedown of the US.

And there are people on this very site denying the agenda.
Wake up, humanity.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I'm certain at this point that after Biden is out, his first book deal will be "Ninety-Nine ways to commit treason".

Nah, sneaking money into offshore accounts is outdated. Nowadays Hunter just sells art to secret buyers after meeting with them in private.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Trump products still made in China. Trump got 20 patents for his daughter, think those were FREE? What did China get for those? More China China China. Trump wasn't stopping China from doing #.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's 10%. Ten percent for the big guy.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: errck
Trump products still made in China. Trump got 20 patents for his daughter, think those were FREE? What did China get for those? More China China China. Trump wasn't stopping China from doing #.

He did stop China from spying on Americans banning certain products. Maybe you should rethink your TDS strategy? Hmm yes?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'd say that was impossible.

I mean a clear enemy of the US having a chip in EVERYTHING wouldn't have any ulterior motives or like.

Who needs emps when all they need is a back door in them and internet access.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is about Biden.

Keep up bud.

Here lemme help ya: “China would just steal it anyway and Trump was a racist to the CCP. So this is fine.”

Does that work for you?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: errck

Sadly China biden son is the reason china is now up our arses, because is payback baby, Biden is owned by China.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Biden Cartel collecting their cut 🤫

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can US Federal government employees drive cars with these chips ?
CFIUS anyone ?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Next thing we know Hunter will be on the board hawking those Chinese chips!

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Next thing we know Hunter will be on the board hawking those Chinese chips!

Does anyone know if huawei has hunter 'art' hanging in their boardroom?

Supposedly some kind of magic 'trick' that makes the U.S. approve all kinds of crazy stuff.

Even causes politicians to overlook a biowarfare experiment leaking from a lab.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Trump products still made in China.

How is Trump making cheap merchandise in China equitable to allowing tens of millions of dollars of chips to Huawei?

Trump got 20 patents for his daughter, think those were FREE? What did China get for those?

I don't know, but it's a good question. Do you know the answer or do you just speculate?

More China China China. Trump wasn't stopping China from doing #.

Are the inaction from past administrations justification for inaction of current administrations?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I am low tech. I had fish and chips for supper tonight, I don't buy chips from China. I make them from whole potatoes.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They were trademarks, not patents.

And they are given out to anybody that requests one already used elsewhere, for a small fee.

But yes, it is a real shame that Democrat policies drove most manufacturing out of the U.S.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Trump products still made in China.

How is Trump making cheap merchandise in China equitable to allowing tens of millions of dollars of chips to Huawei?

Trump got 20 patents for his daughter, think those were FREE? What did China get for those?

Are the inaction from past administrations justification for inaction of current administrations?

I think I have this straight when it comes to Biden/Trump

If Trump did it then Biden must undo it and do the opposite.

UNLESS, if Biden does something and it goes horribly wrong, then if Trump did it too that makes it ok.

The end result if a Democrat does something that goes wrong, it is ok to do if Trump did it too. If a Democrat does something illegal, it is ok if they can prove Trumps gardner did it too. Nothing a Democrat does is ever wrong, ask CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, they never ever do anything wrong and if push comes to shove it is rationalized as ok if they can prove the person who once dry cleaned Trumps clothes did it too.

You must realize by now, Democrats are excused by social media bullies/the media/even federal law from any wrongdoing because they worship the God of liberal ideology which makes them more morally pure than Jesus or Buddha.

Republicans are treated by the media and liberals as always wrong and personally destroyed, even if the person who once cut their hair in college was the one who did it. They are held personally responsible for everything that goes wrong in the US as an example of the pure unadulterated evil of even the Grandma who stayed home all of 2020 but voted for Trump. They are considered by the media and liberals to be spawns of Satan.

edit on 8/29/21 by The2Billies because: grammar

top topics

join