It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometrics and surveillance of the law abiding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We all know that tired and flawed arguement that people with nothing to hide have nothing to fear from our benevolent governments and their lock step programs to usher in a biometric surveillance system for the once free world.

I hear it so often from people I would normally consider to be intelligent-yet whenever I hear the arguement,I cannot help think that these people are either not as intelligent as I give them credit-or that they are quite possibly in "ostritch mode"with heads firmly buried in the sand..

As the incomprehensible # show that is the Afghan withdrawal plays out before our eyes-we can see a very strong counter arguement-that those who have nothing to hide do actually have something to fear from the surveillance obsession of those in power.

Why you ask?

Because what is happening in Afghanistan could happen anywhere-a "government"or group of people can come to power who will activley use biometrics and surveillance data to hunt down,opress,torture,rape and/or murder those people on the database with whom those in power disagree with.

That is what we are now seeing in Afghanistan-the biometrics system put in place by the US and Allies in order to vet/identify those who work with "the occupation" is now in the hands of the Taliban.
Interpreters,womens groups,afghan members of NGOs,teachers,in fact pretty much anyone who was against the Taliban were enrolled into this system-for "security"purposes.Names,photos,addresses,phone numbers,fingerprints,retina scans,facial scans-all now in the hands of a terror outfit who wish those people dead or worse.

So,next time someone tells you the worn out excuse that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear-remind them of what is happening in Afghanistan,and watch their failed arguement crumble before their eyes.

There are many articles coming out on this subject if you want to duckduck go search you can find them,but here is one:

Not only does the Taliban have lists of the names and phone numbers of every Afghan who worked for US in the past two decades, but the Taliban is also in possession of sophisticated biometric data machines (Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment-HIIDE). The implications are disastrous.

As if that is not bad enough-the article goes on to say that the Afghan biometric database did not only contain the data of Afghans-although that is a huge problem-it also contains the biometric data of contractors and also of members of the coalition itself-

It’s not only Afghans who are now in danger. Kiernan warned that beyond the contractors and locals, it is “probable that the Taliban have access to some of the coalition’s biometric data” as well.

www.jihadwatch.org...

As it is possible for ANY country in the world to be unfortunate enough to get an evil government-could anyone after learning about what is happening in Afghanistan think that the global push towards a biometric data/surveillance society is a good thing?

I think not-but I have always seen the massive potential dangers of such a system.
Now everyone can see the danger-if they choose to look.

edit on 28/8/2021 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I was just talking about this with a friend of mine earlier this morning.

This is a huge bungle that our administration has caused that's already resulting massive deaths. I'm afraid we're about to see mass murder in Afghanistan of the scale that hasn't been seen since Rwanda or Bosnia.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a "government"or group of people can come to power who will activley use biometrics and surveillance data to hunt down,opress,torture,rape and/or murder those people on the database with whom those in power disagree with.

I guess you would really have to consider the likelihood of this scenario unfolding in a 1st world country.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yeah, see that doesn't work.

I have nothing to hide "Today" because what I say or do won't get me fired from my job or persecuted by the SJW mob.

Of course, If they had posts from 20 years ago as an example and I supported things they now don't like, they will come after me.

You are exactly right and I will refuse to be tracked as much as possible.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

a "government"or group of people can come to power who will activley use biometrics and surveillance data to hunt down,opress,torture,rape and/or murder those people on the database with whom those in power disagree with.

I guess you would really have to consider the likelihood of this scenario unfolding in a 1st world country.

When you hear of one, let me know...

new topics

top topics

join