It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mirror Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The Mirror Self...it's very nice to meet you. I would start off this introduction with a quote from someone you might know.

"Though I be beguiler of the whole world and deceiver of all man-kind, still, never have I lied unto myself." --Satan

This quote, which I first read in a comic book many years ago made me realize something so fundamental, so basic. The Devil does not lie to himself. What a tremendous advantage, for who among us can say the same. None, not one. Therefore I have sought to achieve this same thing, not to be like The Devil, but not to be at a disadvantage to him, and through him the world. I make no assertion that I have as of yet, that is to say temporally in my state of "now-ness", achieved this lofty goal, but I trudge forth toward it tirelessly, and it is this Herculean quest that has lead me here tonight.

It is my true belief that the members found here are, ultimately, doing the same thing, whether they have organized those thoughts as I have above or not. I want to talk with such people, to hear their thoughts and to share my own. There is a true joy in freedom, and I think none more so than the freedom of thought.

Did you know that everyone can sing? Everyone. When someone tells me they can't sing, it makes me feel sad, because of course they can. They're not actually saying they can't sing, but rather they can't sing like those that they hear on the radio, on tv. Well of course not, that's how they sing. But each person has a unique and beautiful voice, all their own. I so look forward to sharing in the voice of this community, The Song of ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

I'll start off my welcome with someone you might know-

"Eat all your coco-puffs and be a good person. Also, don't poop in the street." --A Unicorn

See how that works?

All jokes aside, welcome! Being truthful to oneself is a good moral to have, regardless of where it originated.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
What is truth?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Am gonna be truthful .... It was way too early for me to read this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
What is truth?

Ain’t that the truth.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

"what is truth"

quoted from Pontious Pilot before he crucified Jesus

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Truth. The more I learn the less I know. That's my truth. I refer to myself as an Agnostic, though I am a man of profound faith. Still, I can't pretend to know much, the vastness of the ocean, the stars, the human heart. These are things that are, simply, outside of my view. There is something, one thing that I can know perfectly however. Me.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   

"what is truth"

quoted from Pontious Pilot before he crucified Jesus

As profound in that instance as it is in the interesting times we live in.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

They talk about him (Pilot that is) washing his hands after the crispification ( yeah on purpose you know he baked in the sun) but seldom speak on what he said, well that's what he had to say.

But I'm no religious expert either

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   

They talk about him (Pilot that is) washing his hands after the crispification ( yeah on purpose you know he baked in the sun) but seldom speak on what he said, well that's what he had to say.

But I'm no religious expert either

Thanks for the quote Bruv. I’m an interested amateur myself and always looking to fill out my knowledge.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Take what you will just don't drink my blood and eat my flesh with your homies over it
jk bro

heres a beer friend

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Dude.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   

sorry bro wanted to post a rad pic but the site wouldnt let me do it for whatever reason
edit on 28-8-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Spewin.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Spewin.

Was a painting of an orange I did that was rad as # but the orange had an appeal that fit the conversation. just wouldn't let me size it down

Its small here but don't forget a towel and some vitamin C homie
edit on 28-8-2021 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Hi There TheMirrorSelf, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice Another section of fun that includes how to Contact Staff: make Alerts, and
General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it desrves, so make sure you've got content and your thoughts on it.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images This is the place to find "the how to's" and what sizes will work for your personal Avatar or Profile Pic.

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS... (BTW, a secret on your Pix uploads, always make sure they are only of these three; jpg, gif, png... a jpeg is not accepted)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask anyone in staff.

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   
That is awesome dude!

You made this painting?

Wicked. I make stick figures that don’t look right, if I put more then two on a piece of paper it ends up looking like a crime scene

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

looking good in that mirror, is it me?

Welcome

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You used to be here years ago?

top topics

join