It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Lt. Col. relieved for duty for speaking the truth to the corrupt hierarchy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: WillNotComply
a reply to: GravitySucks

You think he spent 17 years as a Marine waiting for the government to make a move so egregious that he could commit sedition, start a go fund me ,and parlay that into a political career? 17 years?
Maybe.

Don't feed the trolls...

Calling anyone you don''t agree with a troll is so 2002. Especially when someone is simply presenting an alternate possibilitry.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   

To be fair here he (the marine in the video) was never going to be a commander of troops he was in charge of a training regiment. He knew what he was doing when he made the video and I suspect he probably knew someone killed in the blast in Afghanistan 3 days ago.

Doesn't change how I feel about his message. Then again if you went on youtube and had a million views or more talking # about your boss, you know your also getting fired, he knew what he was doing.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It just goes to show how broken the upper command and government system is and it's causing conflict within. That marine just simply cannot consciously continue to take part in all the BS lies and deceit. A marine has honor and courage and from what I tell, this soldier has both of those intact. There is no dishonor here. If I had the power I would pin a full bird on this mans chest.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

If a GoFundMe campaign does take off, do you think he should accept the money?

Or maybe he shut down the attempts himself. That would be very cool on his part. Although, redirecting the donations to Afghans might be better.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I think I explained how I feel about what he did decently here. I concur about the gofundme deal because often people say vote with your dollars. This Lt Col did do what he did and I believe he has a valid point but also as I said earlier its a serious violation of a bunch of things I don't want to re hash. What ever he does with the money I hope it is something positive for others, he's my brother and my Marine. Can only hope does the right thing, would you disagree?

If money pours in its that litmus test about how people that are outside of this feel about what he did.

You should still help me design set pieces for my comic book.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The only thing senoir leaders care about, Is being able to one day sit on boards of defence contractors making millions of Dollars.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: incoserv

Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller should set up a "Go Fund Me" account. If thousands of us send him $10 as a "salute in gratitude", others will follow suit and clear their conscience by telling us what's really going on. '

In fact, that would be a good strategy for getting key evidence about 2020 election fraud.

Never let a chance to grift off the gullible pass you by. Probably his intention to begin with, look at the easy money to be made. Of course, with everyone getting in on the action the payload is bound to suffer. Then all the grifters will start eating their own. Lol

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It doesn't matter whether he is right or wrong, he's a soldier and he should have gone through the proper chancels and the chain of command.

This isn't a whistleblower, he vented his opinions in public. He'd probably get the same if he was with any large company.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He was rightly relieved. That said, I totally agree with him and what he did. And he knew it would cost him his career. And it's great he's not running to the media claiming he's "oppressed" for the consequences like the woke warriors do when they break regs.

It's criminal none of the higher ranking officers resigned in protest of this asinine "plan" from Biden. They got political as # with Trump, but with this moron in charge they'll just fall right in line. Our military leadership has gotten way too political and it's disgusting and now it's costing us lives.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Probably his intention to begin with

You clearly don't understand what he just sacrificed to voice his opinion. To demand accountability.

"Official channels." LOL Those channels have a vested interest in turning his fellow marines into hamburger for the photo ops and Great Reset Agenda.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'll definitely donate if he opens a gofundme

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Last year we had a Commander in Chief that made sound military decisions.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just because I do not agree with his policies and actions does not mean I will not call him my president, congress needs to vote him out, the sooner the better. Hopefully they do not allow his sidekick to become president, she is not taking things serious like a president should.

That's not how it works. Even if Congress removed Biden, which ain't gonna happen, Congress has no say in who is "allowed" to become President next. It would be Harris. In theory they could impeach and remove her too, and then you get Pelosi.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He was not wrong in what he said, but what did he really expect? I hope he had thought this part through.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

He was not wrong in what he said, but what did he really expect? I hope he had thought this part through.

It sounds to me like he did. If he didn't, after 17 years, know he wasn't supposed to do that, that's his fault. But it sounds like he knew full well he was ending his career and did it anyway because he believed it had to be said. I respect that.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

What you exemplify in that comment is what is known as "The Prisoner's Dilemma."

Everybody knows the right thing to do but nobody wants to take the risk. Once somebody does, people divide into two camps: those who support the action and are moved to take action themselves, and those who express doubt or opposition on order to protect their own skin - but thinking through to the fact that the action is actually in their long-term favor.

If a critical mass joins the action, change can happen. If not, the status quo continues and worsens.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Its called integrity: the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

He did the right thing even though he knew the odds of it ending badly for him were very high.

This also underscores the complete and total failure of higher level leaders (o-6 and up), all to afraid to hurt their career and more worried about their promotion chances than what is right.

Under Trump any time he farted in the wrong company someone at the pentagon ran to the press, where the F are those people now?

People should have resigned in protest rather than implement this non-plan, knowing the end result would be dead soldiers, and dead innocents.

But hey lets be real how many poor people make it to o-6 or higher so its just the poor that died no big deal right...

ETA: after that video he had to be relieved of command.
edit on 29-8-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Based on his statement after being relieved, he knew exactly what was going to happen, and did it anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yup on a twitter post of his he said in his leaderships position he would also fire the video maker.

Thats why I am going to show this video to any young kid at work monday that hasent seen it, so they can actually know what integrity is.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nahh. We're old.

I'm guessing, and that's all it is a guess, this fubared cluster(bleep) was just the last straw.

Given his age, and what he's likely had to deal with throughout his career, he's probably got a bushel basket full of straws...and this was the one that finished it.

At his level, doesn't take a great deal to sink a career. Even if he stays in, which is now unlikely, he'll not see his eagle, or a star.

Hopefully, he'll be allowed to retire with full benefits.

My father retired due in no small part to govt. actions in Vietnam--his PTSD played more of a role, but not all of it. In Vietnam, even in the early days, there was, shall we say, much going on behind the scenes that he found unpalatable. That he lasted almost six more years before retiring in '66, says a lot for him, given what he told me, and hinted at over the years.

I wish the colonel well. Speaking truth, as he sees it, sometimes comes at a cost. At least it was only...only...his career. He did not suffer an "accident", so there is that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join