It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. officials provided Taliban with names of Americans, Afghan allies to evacuate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Link

U.S. officials in Kabul gave the Taliban a list of names of American citizens, green card holders and Afghan allies to grant entry into the militant-controlled outer perimeter of the city’s airport, a choice that's prompted outrage behind the scenes from lawmakers and military officials.

There you have it folks.

I've still not made my decision on wether this is gross incompetence or pre planned 20 year renewal on this wasteful war.

However I'm leaning toward the latter. Not good at all.

This certainly lends itself to treason and I don't use that term lightly.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I can understand giving them a list of US citizens. The Taliban want those guys gone as quick as possible and most likely don’t want to cause a diplomatic crisis by murdering foreigners while they’re setting up the Islamic Emirate.

The Afghans though, well, those fellas are going to be executed as traitors and collaborators. Nice job guys!

I don’t think one thing has gone right with this evacuation. About the only ones having a good time (for want of a better phrase) with it are the French, probably because they had no tolerance whatsoever for the crippling, criminal incompetence of what is laughably called the American military leadership.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I can't. They think we're evil. When you are in a moral crusade against evil, you think any means are justified - any means.

Look at the American left and how they behave. They don't just think we're wrong. They think we're evil, so they lie, cheat, steal elections ... whatever they feel they must. They spent an entire summer encouraging rioting. They did massive damage to the economy to justify the means of stealing the election and make people vote in preferred ways.

But they were fighting "evil", so it's all good, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The only thing they should have done is stay out of the way while we withdraw.

After the May date that we agreed to came and went, we became the bad guy.

Give them nothing.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It will be ok. The Taliban are cutting the tongues out of the afghan interpreters...what could.gonwrong with them knowing where the Americans are???? It's all ridiculous

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They did stay out of the way. Out of the way of ISIS bombers

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rowdyrich

Coincidentally, same MO as Taliban and AQ

link   

The whole debacle stinks to high heaven.
Tinfoil hat theory: Afghanistan was a testing ground for all kinds of surveillance tools. Similar to Iraq with weapons. Now some of that surveillance tech will be deployed on us while the warhawks go off and start a new war, err Afghanistan 2.0.

G7 emergency meeting held virtually on Aug 24.

"Joe Biden rejected pleas from the UK for the humanitarian airlift to continue beyond 31 August at a virtual meeting of G7 leaders on Tuesday, triggering claims from Conservative MPs that the “special relationship” is over."
twitter.com...

This G7 is a turning point for the West by Tom Tugendhat, Conservative MP for Tonbridge and Malling.

Reading in between the lines he is perhaps talking about overhauling NATO with a much diminished American role and suggesting if the USA simply disappears as a player, what do we in Europe do? They make NATO their foundation of EU defense policy, beef up their defense, AND propose an "Allied response" not an American led response because they cannot count on the American gov't as they are not agreement capable. American allies geopolitical 💩storm of epic proportions in the years to come.🔥💣

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Taliban are nationalists and isolationists. They don’t care much about America other than removing their influence from their country. That way they can build their 7th century Islamic utopia in (relative) peace. Hopefully the Americans will never return.

They won’t murder foreign civilains. Not because they care much for Americans but because no country likes it when you murder another countries citizens. Not a great start when you’re trying to get diplomatic recognition.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I can understand giving them a list of US citizens. The Taliban want those guys gone as quick as possible and most likely don’t want to cause a diplomatic crisis by murdering foreigners while they’re setting up the Islamic Emirate.

The Afghans though, well, those fellas are going to be executed as traitors and collaborators. Nice job guys!

I don’t think one thing has gone right with this evacuation. About the only ones having a good time (for want of a better phrase) with it are the French, probably because they had no tolerance whatsoever for the crippling, criminal incompetence of what is laughably called the American military leadership.

You're right, the tollibon will definitely not mess with Americans because they would have to answer to "the buck stops with me" joe biden

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

No, they have to answer to everybody else. China for example won’t send envoys with pallets of cash for mineral rights if the new government’s first act was to slaughter foreigners by the thousands. Countries won’t sent up embassies if the new government as one of it’s first acts killed hundreds or diplomatic staff.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

China would glass them and then send in their own to work the steaming remains and the Taliban knows it.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The only thing they should have done is stay out of the way while we withdraw.

After the May date that we agreed to came and went, we became the bad guy.

Give them nothing.

Hard for them to stay out of your way when you are in their country.

If they wanted to kill everyone at the airport, render it totally inoperable and butcher every foreigner in Kabul they could, very easily. Yet they didn’t do that. Seemingly they don’t want to either.

All while the former occupying powers take the opportunity to facilitate the eacape of people who in the eyes of the Taliban are criminals, traitors and collaborators. A lot of the higher ups evacuated are legit pedos, drug traffickers and war criminals.

If anything they’ve been exemplary in their patience given Biden’s obfuscation and delays.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

China would glass them and then send in their own to work the steaming remains and the Taliban knows it.

So a repeat of the Soviet Occupation then? Because as i recall the Afghans sent them packing as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

There's still a military contingent at the airport. If they wanted to take them all out it would be abit more involved.

Regardless, giving a known terrorist organization a list of our assets is bad news unilaterally.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I am leaning towards gross incompetence.

I really want to know why the hell Biden said “He was instructed” to call on certain reporters for questions?
Instructed by who?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I caught that blurb too. Let's not forget his favorite reporter!

Classic

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: ketsuko

So a repeat of the Soviet Occupation then? Because as i recall the Afghans sent them packing as well.

Oh no, they casually threaten to nuke places. I have no trouble thinking they'd nuke Afghanistan and then send in their slaves to dig out the rare earths.

What would any one do about it?
edit on 26-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The old clown occupying the White House and his entire administration and all the military leaders that are lock-n-step with them, need to be arrested and charged with treason and punishment should be how we handled treason back in the old days.....in the town square.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join