It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swedish Coronavirus Disaster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sweden has seemingly thrown caution to the wind throughout this pandemic. Or at least this is the perception I am getting from American media. I had seen one study reported in NEJM last winter about Sweden's refusal to close elementary schools and how it actually had very little impact on the coronavirus deaths. Sweden apparently also did not require masks but simply encouraged social distancing. I'll link that here.... www.nejm.org...

"Despite Sweden’s having kept schools and preschools open, we found a low incidence of severe Covid-19 among schoolchildren and children of preschool age during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. Among the 1.95 million children who were 1 to 16 years of age, 15 children had Covid-19, MIS-C, or both conditions and were admitted to an ICU, which is equal to 1 child in 130,000."

To break that down a little further...

The number of deaths from any cause among the 1,951,905 children in Sweden (as of December 31, 2019) who were 1 to 16 years of age was 65 during the pre–Covid-19 period of November 2019 through February 2020 and 69 during 4 months of exposure to Covid-19 (March through June 2020). From March through June 2020, a total of 15 children with Covid-19 (including those with MIS-C) were admitted to an ICU (0.77 per 100,000 children in this age group), 4 of whom were 1 to 6 years of age (0.54 per 100,000) and 11 of whom were 7 to 16 years of age (0.90 per 100,000). Four of the children had an underlying chronic coexisting condition (cancer in 2, chronic kidney disease in 1, and hematologic disease in 1). No child with Covid-19 died."

However, in this article from July 2020, which you may note is around the same time period as the study referenced in the NEJM, BBC reports.... www.bbc.com...

"More than 5,500 people have died with Covid-19 in this country of just 10 million. It is one of the highest death rates relative to population size in Europe, and by far the worst among the Nordic nations. Unlike Sweden, the rest all chose to lock down early in the pandemic."

And, as this article from Time Magazine in October 2020, titled "The Swedish COVID-19 Response Is a Disaster. It Shouldn’t Be a Model for the Rest of the World" time.com...

"The majority of the rest of Sweden’s policymakers seemed to have agreed: the country never closed daycare or schools for children under the age of 16, and school attendance is mandatory under Swedish law, with no option for distance learning or home schooling, even for family members in high risk groups. Policymakers essentially decided to use children and schools as participants in an experiment to see if herd immunity to a deadly disease could be reached. Multiple outbreaks at schools occurred in both the spring and autumn."

There is heavy criticism of the perceived herd immunity goals in Sweden, after all, herd immunity has never been achieved without a vaccine...

"At this point, whether herd immunity was the “goal” or a “byproduct” of the Swedish plan is semantics, because it simply hasn’t worked. In early May, the Public Health Agency predicted that 40% of the Stockholm population would have the disease and acquire protective antibodies by the end of the month. According to the agency’s own antibody studies published Sept. 3 for samples collected up until late June, the actual figure for random testing of antibodies is only 11.4% for Stockholm, 6.3% for Gothenburg and 7.1% across Sweden. As of mid-August, herd immunity was still “nowhere in sight,” according to a Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine study. That shouldn’t have been a surprise. After all, herd immunity to an infectious disease has never been achieved without a vaccine."

The article goes on to say that despite the government saying that the high death toll was mostly in nursing homes, the truth is that the high infection rate led to the elderly not receiving care because the country's largest hospitals implemented a triage system and many people were denied care based on their age and prognosis. Sounds a little like the death panels Bill Gates says we aren't supposed to talk about. If you haven't seen that clip, it is easy to find anywhere. Gates is talking about how we could hire more teachers if we didn't spend so much on care for hopeless patients.

But, I digress... as the article says:

"In order to be admitted for hospital care, patients needed to have breathing problems and even then, many were reportedly denied care. Regional healthcare managers in each of Sweden’s 21 regions, who are responsible for care at hospitals as well as implementing Public Health Agency guidelines, have claimed that no patients were denied care during the pandemic. But internal local government documents from April from some of Sweden’s regions—including those covering the biggest cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö—also show directives for how some patients including those receiving home care, those living at nursing homes and assisted living facilities, and those with special needs could not receive oxygen or hospitalization in some situations."

Reportedly by who? The one woman interviewed in the article who basically claims the nurse in the nursing home shot her father up with morphine and left him to die? I'm glad the article goes on to clarify this...

"Further, a September investigation by Sveriges Radio, Sweden’s national public broadcaster, found that more than 100 people reported to the Swedish Health and Care Inspectorate that their relatives with COVID-19 either did not receive oxygen or nutrient drops or that they were not allowed to come to hospital."

Now normally I would not quote so much from one single article, but this piece from Time is such a damning expose of the Swedish government's genocide against it's people, I feel the need to get this information in front of the people!

"Sweden never quarantined those arriving from high-risk areas abroad nor did it close most businesses, including restaurants and bars. Family members of those who test positive for COVID-19 must attend school in person, unlike in many other countries where if one person in a household tests positive the entire family quarantines, usually for 14 days. Employees must also report to work as usual unless they also have symptoms of COVID-19, an agreement with their employer for a leave of absence or a doctor recommends that they isolate at home."

So basically, unless you are actually exhibiting symptoms suck it up and go to work, snowflake. Also, do not wear a mask while you are at it,

"Sweden actually recommends against masks everywhere except in places where health care workers are treating COVID-19 patients (some regions expand that to health care workers treating suspected patients as well)....Tegnell attached a document in which he expresses concern that ECDC recommending facemasks would “imply that the spread is airborne which would seriously harm further communication and trust among the population and health care workers” and concludes “we would like to warn against the publication of this advice.”

End of part 1.
edit on 26-8-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Part 2:

Wow. I am so glad that the MSM has the courage to stand up to the Swedish misinformation machine, which as the article points out...

"The Swedish way has yielded little but death and misery. And, this situation has not been honestly portrayed to the Swedish people or to the rest of the world.

Here is an article from Reuters www.reuters.com... about Sweden not closing their schools...

"Sweden’s decision to keep schools open during the pandemic resulted in no higher rate of infection among its schoolchildren than in neighbouring Finland, where schools did temporarily close, their public health agencies said in a joint report."

These are representative of the many pieces of news floating around about Sweden last year. Is there a narrative here? I don't know. I also found this article from AIER which according to mediabias is a right-center organization which is rated as only "medium credible" due to their reporting of coronavirus misinformation. Here is the mediabias link for AIER which gives you more information about the organization and their supposed libertarian bias. mediabiasfactcheck.com...

And here is a link to the article on their website from July 30, 2021 that seems to betray all this seeming propaganda from the year 2020 I posted above.... www.aier.org...

Modelers desperately tried to scare Sweden into locking down. One predicted an incredible median of 96,000 deaths, with a maximum of 183,000. At Sweden’s Lund University an academic used the parameters in the now-infamous Neil Ferguson/Imperial College model to warn that it meant 85,000 deaths for Sweden. An Uppsala University team also found the nation paying a terrible price with 40,000 Covid-19 deaths by May 1, 2020 and almost 100,000 by June.  Total Swedish Covid deaths at this writing: 14,651.

Well that's nothing. We all know that Neil Ferguson has long been debunked as a super spreader of misinformation during several modern "pandemics".

"Did the country pay an awful price en route to the apparent herd immunity? Well, certainly the Swedish death rate is higher than its Nordic neighbors Norway, Denmark, and Finland. Those are the comparisons you’ll hear. But it’s well below the rates for larger-population European countries including Belgium, Italy, the U.K., Romania, Spain, France, and Portugal. The U.S., too."

The article goes on to talk about how the Swedish economy did not experience as large of a GDP contraction obviously because they did not shut down everything.

So I guess the purpose of this post is to try and get to the bottom of this. Is everyone in Sweden dying, are high numbers of people wearing masks on their own because they care about other people despite the lack of government mandate? Are people voluntarily staying home en masse because they are terrified of the virus and know their government is incompetent and won't protect them? What is the answer? I know very little about Sweden so I am interested if there are any members from there with insight.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The media calls it a covid Disaster because they arent following what others are doing.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Not only Sweden , but Norway, and Denmark from October the first will drop anything to do with Coved. No masks Vacc etc. They of course must be invaded to stop this genocide. The facts are clear if you are not Obese have Diabetes with complications, and do not suffer anxiety disorders your chances of dying of this are virtually zero.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I would be interested what happens with them in the next 6 months. What if they are just letting it burn through faster. Titers can be difficult depending on the person, they may have immune cells but we don’t catch them or the antibodies in the blood draw.

Honestly, and I’m not trying to downplay death, it looks like a bad seasonal virus year. Something we have experienced many times throughout our history.

Either way I don’t think it will be good for history or the future. There are viruses out there where we need to lock down, this one may not have been it. But now, when the big nasty does come at some point, and it will, we’re probably going to whatever the thing and regret it later on.

Watch them respond better to this next surge, not by controls, but through data reporting less deaths, high exposure, and resistant hosts.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The facts are clear if you are not Obese have Diabetes with complications, and do not suffer anxiety disorders your chances of dying of this are virtually zero.

You peaked my interest and made me extremely curious. Anxiety disorders makes people have a higher risk of death with COVID ?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Probably because hypertension and cardiovascular disorders could increase inflammation and expression of ACE2 receptors to balance the HPA axis in a chronic stress response. Adrenal fatigue could be an issue too, anxiety can potentially impact tons of physiological factors.

Then there is the impact of the drugs used to treat them and the responses.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

The facts are clear if you are not Obese have Diabetes with complications, and do not suffer anxiety disorders your chances of dying of this are virtually zero.

You peaked my interest and made me extremely curious. Anxiety disorders makes people have a higher risk of death with COVID ?

It is known that stress and anxiety can decrease the effectiveness of your immune system and even lessen the impact of vaccines.
Which is why I suggest to people to not watch the news. 24/7 fear being broadcast can only be a bad thing if you are the sort of person who gets anxious easily.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Stress increases cortisol levels. That's not great.

As a side note does anyone from India know what's going on here? It appears that they were giving vaccines out on an Indian army base.www.bitchute.com... looks like a real panic situation with people dropping like flies bad batch stuff?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sweden is not doing that bad overall, sure there are going to be people who die with the virus. They have people on meds there that can block proper immune response to this virus, and they have quite a few old people in Sweden that have weak immunity already too. I bet that they have not had a big increase in mental illness there like we have here in America. I bet their suicide and drug deaths did not rise nearly as much as ours did either.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Sweden currently has a 1.308 % case fatality ratio (which is falling), and about 6,437 newly detected cases per day (as of 23 August 2021), and this figure is rising (according to the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard).

Sweden's total population is 10,172,557 (according to Worldometer) and so far 1,122,139 have been infected (from the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard), so 11.031% of the population have been confirmed with the virus, that's a long way from herd immunity being established.

At this rate, if they had continued doing nothing, herd immunity (when approximately 80% of the population have had the infection) would be likely to be 7.2 years away.

Also, with a CFR of 1.308% and 80% of the population having had COVID-19, it would mean approximately 737,743 deaths.

However, Sweden's uptake of the vaccines have been high (12,282,731 doses administered to date, according to the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard) and so, with a bit of additional management, they are likely to eliminate the majority of the problem (Deaths from COVID-19 have fallen from a peak of 890 per day, from just before the vaccine rollout, to 10 per day, as shown on the Johns Hopkins dashboard).

edit on 26/8/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That's interesting the bitchute vid has been pulled, it was of a load of Indian Army people dropping down after the vax, It looked a bit too real for a drill.

www.bitchute.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I live in Sweden.

"Sweden never quarantined those arriving from high-risk areas abroad" - false

"nor did it close most businesses, including restaurants and bars." - false

"Family members of those who test positive for COVID-19 must attend school in person" - false

"Employees must also report to work as usual unless they also have symptoms of COVID-19" - false

"an agreement with their employer for a leave of absence or a doctor recommends that they isolate at home." - false

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

Probably because hypertension and cardiovascular disorders could increase inflammation and expression of ACE2 receptors to balance the HPA axis in a chronic stress response. Adrenal fatigue could be an issue too, anxiety can potentially impact tons of physiological factors.

Then there is the impact of the drugs used to treat them and the responses.

Now it all of a sudden makes sense. Thank you for that answer that really helped me understand it now.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"More than 5,500 people have died with Covid-19 in this country of just 10 million. It is one of the highest death rates relative to population size in Europe, and by far the worst among the Nordic nations. Unlike Sweden, the rest all chose to lock down early in the pandemic."

5,500 ÷ 10,000,000 = 0.00055

0.00055 = 0.055% of the population

0.055% = 99.945%

I couldn't source information on co-morbidities for those 5,500. As you've identified with sources the claim is that it was mostly elderly (nursing home) residents who passed.

Sweden keeps very accurate population statistics. I found an interactive database for which different statistics can be added or omitted to determine diagnosis, causes of death, ages, location, comparisons to statistics for the rest of Europe and the world etc. Link below.

sdb.socialstyrelsen.se...

Cause of Death Statistics, Entire Sweden, Age: 0-95+, Both sexes, 2020

Diagnos

Covid-19 (virus identified and not identified) Number of deaths/100,000

Mortality rate per 100,000, age-standardised according to the population of Europe U07.1-U07.2 Covid-19

91.19 (Swedish vid 19 deaths per 100k population) - 88.87 (European vid 19 deaths per 100k pop) = 2.32

2.32 per 100k population more allegedly died from vid 19 in Sweden relative to the rest of the European pop.

Why do I say allegedly died from the vid? Take note of 'virus identified and not identified.' The following information is taken from the WHO's ICD-10, International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems (.pdf link below).

www.who.int...

We are looking for Chapter XXII Codes for special purposes, specifically codes U07.1 and U07.2
(U00-U85)

"U07.1COVID-19, virus identified

COVID-19 NOSUse this code when COVID-19 has been confirmed by laboratory testing irrespective of severity of clinical signs or symptoms. Use additional code, if desired, to identify pneumonia or other manifestations.Excl.:Coronavirus infection, unspecified site (B34.2)Coronavirus as the cause of diseases classified to other chapters (B97.2)Severe acute respiratory syndrome [SARS], unspecified (U04.9)

U07.2COVID-19, virus not identified

Use this code when COVID-19 is diagnosed clinically or epidemiologically but laboratory testing is inconclusive or not available. Use additional code, if desired, to identify pneumonia or other manifestationsExcl.:Coronavirus infection, unspecified site (B34.2)COVID-19:

confirmed by laboratory testing (U07.1)

special screening examination (Z11.5)

suspected but ruled out by negative laboratory results (Z03.8)"

🤨

Moving on... Let's extrapolate that Swedish data further and have a look at the ages of those who passed from 'the vid' in Sweden during 2020.

Cause of Death Statistics, Number of deaths, Entire Sweden, Age: 0-95+, Both sexes, 2020

Diagnos

0-4 (4)
5-9 (--)
10-14 (1)
15-19 (2)
20-24 (4)
25-29 (7)
30-34 (12)
35-39 (8)
40-44 (16)
45-49 (41)
50-54 (74)
55-59 (136)
60-64 (195)
65-69 (361)
70-74 (742)
75-79 (1200)
80-84 (1821)
85-89 (2190)
90-94 (1758)
95+ (869)
Total (9441)

Total 0-69 (861)
Total 71-95+ (8580)

861 ÷ 8580 = 0.1003

90% of Sweden's vid deaths occurred in individuals aged 70 or older. Again, no mention of co-morbidities in those death stats. Also the fact that U07.2 unconfirmed vid cases are bundled in with U07.1 confirmed vid cases with no distinction made between those two stats. 🧐 Sounds like Sweden did just fine sheltering the vulnerable and allowing the rest to proceed as normal.

Also sounds like the medical "professionals" and politicians are not only inept, and incompetent, but are also blatant liars.

Their doomp0rn claims do not jive with the statistics.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I am an American currently in Holland (near Arnhem) visiting my Dutch fianceé. No one (except for a small number of corporate employeed food service employees) is wearing masks or distancing. Hell, most of the employees in the Amsterdam airport aren't wearing masks. Schools are carrying on as normal. A positive or false positive pcr test (still being cycled at the ridiculous 40+ count level, sorry Dr. Mullis) is still enough to send a mini panic through the community but only in the true vid believers. Many just increase their vitamin and fluid intake and quickly bounce back from whatever flu like symptoms may manifest.

I complied with a single Janssen jab administered by the national guard in Vermont a month ago in preparation for the trip (zero noticeable effects, not even a sore arm) and had a hospital administer a minimally invasive vid swab for which I received a negative result. That plus travel insurance is what was required to make the trip happen. Wasn't stoked about getting jabbed as my chances of dying from vid (if you believe the data) is less than 0.003% and I am young and fairly fit. Don't drink, don't smoke, exercise regularly. I also follow a comprehensive protocol to protect myself from whatever shenanigans are afoot these days.

Sarumin tea from pine needles (daily)
Cat's Paw tea (daily)
Quercetin + Zinc + Stinging Nettles (daily)
Liposomal Vit-C (daily)
Ivermectin (bi-weekly)
Hydroxy which was acquired via script from America's frontline docs (I don't take this, it is a 'break-glass-in-case-of-emegency thing I have in reserve).

I also have little faith in a western medical system which has improperly prescribed medication and treatments to me over the course of my lifetime. I believe that my lack of faith (belief) in the medical propaganda provides me additional protection.

How many people have gone to the hospital and been given a negative diagnosis only to expire shortly thereafter? How many have been misdiagnosed or improperly prescribed meds which directly contributed to their death? A lot. I personally know several (including family) having worked in a hospital as a younger man.

Anyway, enough out of me. It's a beautiful afternoon here and I'm going to take my fianceé's husky for a walk so that I can enjoy some beautiful, unmasked smiling Dutch faces.

Cheers. 💜

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   

How dare Sweden no to follow the globalist agenda, of scaremongering and false claiming, how dare they not to get the mandates, forced jabs and forced quarantines, how dare them.

How dare them not to become fascist and full blown dictatorships and pushing the deviants.

Shame of Sweden, shame of them.

Before covid, people used to die too.
all the time

top topics

join