It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt Revealed - Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

Looks like we finally have an answer.

For more than seven months, the U.S. Capitol Police officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, an unarmed protester climbing through a broken window in a hallway of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, has remained anonymous.

Though his name was known to U.S. Capitol Police, congressional staffers and federal investigations, no one would divulge it. The secrecy fueled months of online speculation.

Babbitt's family alleged a coverup.

"The U.S. Congress wants to protect this man. He's got friends in high places and they want to protect him," said Maryland attorney Terry Roberts, who represents the family. "And they've done a pretty good job of it. ... I don't think it's a proud moment for the U.S. Capitol Police or the U.S. Congress."

Lieutenant Michael Leroy Byrd

He is also not a shining beacon as most would defend him as...He has been hailed a hero remember. A hero who stopped an insurrection that the FBI found never happened.

Byrd's attorney, Mark Schamel, did not dispute the positive identification. It adds to information from other sources who told Zenger in recent months that Byrd was the January 6 shooter. None of them would say so on the record.

Byrd is a controversial figure with a record of mishandling firearms, including once leaving a loaded pistol in a Congressional Visitor Center bathroom. Roberts said Byrd's decision to fire his weapon on January 6 indicated his unfitness for duty.

Also, why if this was so huge not all in constant contact?

Explaining why his staff didn't participate in radio traffic with U.S. Capitol Police during crisis incidents, Blodgett told lawmakers: "We communicate with our staff via cellphone, text message. We were in close contact. The situation you discussed where Officer Byrd was at the door, when Ms. Babbitt was shot, it was our sergeant-at-arms employee who rendered the aid to her at that site."

There is still no reason for her to have been shot. No weapons. No direct threat to him.

I hope he enjoys his little interview this evening while a husband sits at home without his wife. Those officers offered no help. They let her die.

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002021-08-26T15:00:35-05:000335 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So do we get to loot, burn, and make White Lives Matter banners for demonstrations because a black cop just outright murdered a white woman who didn't do anything violent? Democrats are a systemically racist party and we need to start demanding equity for our brothers and sisters their policies and armed thugs have murdered.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Black officer killed a white woman...If rolls were reversed DC would have been burning every weekend this year.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Now that we know who. I want to know why?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Time for the murderer to run and hide.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Black officer killed a white woman...If rolls were reversed DC would have been burning every weekend this year.

That's because the Democrats oversee a systemically racist party. In the same vein as them accusing their detractors of being fascists while being the party that attempts to mandate all desired behavior utilizing corporate, social, and legal penalties for those who behave adversely to the desired (the literal definition of fascism) they only see racism when it can be manipulated to appear white on black, while ensuring that black on black and black on white violence is upheld as "the struggle." Adolf Hitler had nothing on the average elected Democrat.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Who would have thought!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Leroy is no hero.

Left his weapon on a toilet or whatever.

After SHOOTING Babbitt. HE RAN.

Cold blooded MURDERER.
edit on 26-8-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So somebody climbing through a broken window you are sworn to protect, you just help them through? Is it tragic? yes. Do you not believe in personal responsibility? She obviously knew the doors were locked for a reason, hence trying to get through a broken window. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes right?

I have read the argument that the police on her side of the wall did not feel threatened, which is opinion of course, not fact. But one has to only look at the George Floyd case, all the cops surrounding him did not feel a murder was being committed right in front of them, but a jury said otherwise. So that defense does not fly anywhere.

It was an attack on the capitol to stop the certifying of the election. She was shot and killed for attacking the capitol.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Time for the murderer to run and hide.

From who, you? He'd just have to walk at a brisk pace.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Now that we know who. I want to know why?
a reply to: Nickn3Ask anybody in this thread what would happen if somebody broke their window and was climbing through. You will get you answer as to why.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

Let me put on my Progressive Hat....."Why not use a taser?" I heard this and read this a million times in the Floyd argument.

Put's back on normal hat...." there was no direct threat from her. None. If they honestly so afraid why not shoot them all? They all breached....right?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

A jury said otherwise so America wouldn't burn to the ground that weekend. A jury said otherwise because there were active riots going on where the jury was deliberating. Also that jury is being called into question as we speak and the cop in the George Floyd case will probably have his conviction overturned since one juror LIED on his jury questionnaire prior to the trial taking place.

Ashli Babbit was shot and killed by a Capital Police officer who clearly wasn't fit for duty and lacked what I would fathom be a lot of training. His finger was on the trigger and out of fear he pulled that trigger back and shot her in the neck.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
None of this would have happened if Democrats didnt lie, cheat, and steal the election. Isnt it about time for Byrd to get the medal of honor, and Biden to get the Nobel Peace prize?

Progressives are a plague on any society.

In my prayers, I tell God, " I understand that you know what you are doing, in letting these things happen to our country, but couldn't you get the good people out of here first?"

His reply- " There aren't any"

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No danger to his life or those he is to protect.....hmmm
Well a rope was ready for Pence and threats against many others being yelled. In the rage of those that attempted to breach the chamber what do you think would have happened?
He possibly stopped a horrible thing. Yet you defend her stupid arse. FFS what did she think was going to happen? Play stupid games win stupid prizes, good riddance to her. She had it coming and is in no way a true patriot.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I am defending the situation that she was not a threat. Again, she had not breached. She fell back. She might not even have gotten in the window.

Someone had some rope? Oh my lock them up forever. Then to say 'she had it coming?' . Holy bat balls.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So to sum up, Babbitt got shot in the neck by a cop, in what was clearly a case of excessive force. She was unarmed at the time, and was not attempting to hurt anyone.

Even if it had been necessary to use force, the officer in question could have used a taser or pepper spray, but instead went straight to deadly force.

And now we know the cop in question has a history of misusing his gun, which makes it clear why the DC police tried so hard to avoid identifying him.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Byrd is Black?

BlackByrd had no business shooting an unarmed protester!

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD
So somebody climbing through a broken window you are sworn to protect, you just help them through? Is it tragic? yes. Do you not believe in personal responsibility? She obviously knew the doors were locked for a reason, hence trying to get through a broken window. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes right?

I have read the argument that the police on her side of the wall did not feel threatened, which is opinion of course, not fact. But one has to only look at the George Floyd case, all the cops surrounding him did not feel a murder was being committed right in front of them, but a jury said otherwise. So that defense does not fly anywhere.

It was an attack on the capitol to stop the certifying of the election. She was shot and killed for attacking the capitol.

BS. Police have gone to jail and suspended for much less. We can't even use a gun to defend our own property without being arrested. All the businesses that were broken into, burned were not allowed to defend their place with guns.....BS.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
An unarmed, hot woman climbing through my window wouldn’t get shot. But then, I’m no coward.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join