It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Parliament Won't Vote To Help Us Under A Biden Administration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That's apparently what happens when you screw over your allies.

Nigel Farage, former Brexit party leader, slammed the Biden administration’s Afghanistan blunder Tuesday, arguing the crisis has led his country of Britain feeling "betrayed." Under Biden, Farage told "Fox & Friends First" that "there is no way a British parliament right now would vote for military cooperation with America."

It gets worse from there - Farage goes on to say

Certainly, if it's a Biden or Harris administration, honestly, there is no way, there is no way a British parliament right now would vote for military cooperation with America led by this administration. And that's a very sad thing to say, because since 1917, the U.K. and America have been side by side in virtually every major conflict. We've been the closest allies in terms of military action, in terms of intelligence sharing, in terms of culture, in terms of business. You couldn't have a better ally in the world. And right at the moment, I'm sorry, but there's no way we could enter into another operation with you.

We obviously need to treat our allies better. WTH is going on?

The medium-term problem is the resurgence of international terror, already evidence that extremist jihadi groups all over the world have taken great cheer from what the Taliban have done in Afghanistan. And so if we do find ourselves back engaged and, you know, let's be honest, the last few years, we've not seen major terrorist atrocities in the West. But if they start to happen again and we start to think, well, how do we go out again and try and stop these cells that are spreading international terror? How can we do it with the Americans? How can we do it with an ally that is treating us with contempt and betrayed us and into the bargain, many of our own citizens?

Wow. Was there a failure to communicate or a decision not to communicate with our allies?

You can see more here - www.foxnews.com...

edit on 8262021 by HairForceOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: HairForceOne

This is hilarious.

When have the British been able to defend themselves without the muscle of the US? If it wasn’t for the US they all probably be speaking German right now.

edit on 26-8-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well then if that is truly how they feel which I doubt.
Then good luck and don't cry when we don't help.
It is time we step back and let others in that region step up. We have crap we need to fix here. And for the record this was going to happen no matter what. What many here seem to not get is that Biden doesn't plan to run again.
That is why he is getting us out since for the past twenty years other just keep kicking the can down the road. Now we have a president that doesn't care what others think. He is taking action that no other president has done for 20 years.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Nigel who?

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Now we have a president that doesn't care what others think. He is taking action that no other president has done for 20 years.

You seriously defend Biden's actions on this one? This international political and humanitarian disaster?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Nigel Farage has never held a position within any UK government, he is merely a talking head saying what the viewers of Fox news wish to hear, he feeds into the bias of their demographic, it would be similar to a hollywierd celebrity appearing on CNN talking up old man Biden

Electoral history of Nigel Farage

Farage has stood for election to the House of Commons seven times, in five general elections and two by-elections, but has not won any of those elections

He does not set policy or influence any of the idiots in charge

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

like I said...Nigel who?

Thread title is a bit over-sensationalized

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I know that I have known of him for years and we see him frequently "over here" when needs be. I haven't a clue if he has his finger on the "pulse" of the parliament or not. It would be nice not to lose an ally IMO. One always needs "friends".

originally posted by: keukendeur

like I said...Nigel who?

Thread title is a bit over-sensationalized

I had to shorten it and made it less sensational than the actual headline was.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

WWII.

We survived without your 'help'.

That war started in 1939....the US didn't enter the fray until 1941 when Germany declared war on you.
Up till then you were quite content supplying both sides and profiteering from charging exorbitant amounts.

The UK stood up to Germany, alone and had seen off the worst.
I suggest you educate yourself on The Blitz and The Battle of Britain.

I suspect you've never served and certainly not with UK Armed Forces.

And people wonder why the world think Americans are knobheads?

On topic; as pissed off that people are with Biden we would never abandon our Allies....unlike some.

And even though I sometimes agree with Farage - NOT on everything - he is a bit of an arsehole at times and I think its worth noting that he's not an elected representative of the British people and he is only expressing a personal opinion unsupported by anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

WWII.

That war started in 1939....the US didn't enter the fray until 1941 when Germany declared war on you.
Up till then you were quite content supplying both sides and profiteering from charging exorbitant amounts.

On topic; as pissed off that people are with Biden we would never abandon our Allies....unlike some.

And even though I sometimes agree with Farage - NOT on everything - he is a bit of an arsehole at times and I think its worth noting that he's not an elected representative of the British people and he is only expressing a personal opinion unsupported by anything.

Star for you good sir. That is why it's paramount to teach and learn history. No man is an island at the end of the day. It is always good to have "friends".

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Then go and save Afghanistan and the entire Middle East. It all yours for all I care.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

WWII.

Trust me this guy doesn't represent us. I was in the US Air Force and was stationed at Lakenheath in the UK for a few years. The Brits are fantastic people, and it was an honor to work with them. Don't judge us by a few bad examples.

As you said, this person does not know his history. Hitler's plan to invade Britain was dependent on the Luftwaffe's ability to establish air superiority. They failed to do that. Germany was never going to invade Britain. Their invasion force would've been obliterated trying to cross the Channel.
edit on 26 8 21 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

When have the British been able to defend themselves without the muscle of the US?

US muscle was pretty crap with The British invasion of America in 1812.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am going to say that Biden is really screwing up, he is not capable of being president of the United states anymore, and never has been capable during his time as president.

I think a wedge of Presidents Brei could do better in the White house than Biden is doing.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

This is hilarious.

When have the British been able to defend themselves without the muscle of the US? If it wasn’t for the US they all probably be speaking German right now.

Not a chance.
Might have spoken Russian

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't blame Britain if they refused to work with Biden. I would too. He has already betrayed them in the worst way and with the utmost disrespect and callousness. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me.

I just hope and pray that any and all Brits who feel this way understand that it's Team Biden that is the problem. Not the American people who are equally outraged and shocked by this administration's depraved hearts.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am going to say that Biden is really screwing up, he is not capable of being president of the United states anymore, and never has been capable during his time as president.

I think a wedge of Presidents Brei could do better in the White house than Biden is doing.

I agree whole heartedly. He did nothing for the people in over 4 decades before he was president. Not sure why people expected that to change. At the very least he could've tried a little harder not screw things up so majestically.

originally posted by: Boadicea

I wouldn't blame Britain if they refused to work with Biden. I would too. He has already betrayed them in the worst way and with the utmost disrespect and callousness. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me.

I just hope and pray that any and all Brits who feel this way understand that it's Team Biden that is the problem. Not the American people who are equally outraged and shocked by this administration's depraved hearts.

I couldn't blame them either. And I share the same hope that you do. It isn't Americans. It's the Biden administration and we're just all watching it crumble helplessly.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You are spineless and ignorant. What should we expect, you support biden ffs.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

At least we were willing to stand up to them.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Untrue, yes the US supplied a heck of a lot of weapons and ammo before our involvement. But numerous scenarios have shown that to be just untrue. It's one of our folk stories really.
It might come as a shock but we aren't exactly the same country we were 70+ years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join