It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon confirms explosion at Kabul airport

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I thought about that, but that doesn't make much sense either since they could just have easily stayed put and cried that Biden is refusing to let them leave, or that the Taliban wasn't allowing them to leave. Which by all accounts was going on. Blowing up a bunch of people and shutting down an airport seems weird. This is just beyond me at this time. I can't figure out the agenda here.

On CNN just now, they were talking about how since the Taliban has taken over the larger cities in Afghanistan, they also released many prisoners, including ISIS and Al-Qaeda prisoners.

I suppose it could be possible that any suicide bombers could be a couple angry people just out seeking some revenge. Maybe not very likely, but possible.

That doesn't seem likely. Reports are this was a well-coordinated and planned attack.

How hard would a coordinated/planned attack be in a country with no police, criminals all over the place, a cellphone in every pocket, and bombs for sale on the local Craigs-list?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Newsmax is reporting 13 killed, and at least 60 wounded.

CNN is still trying to help Biden avoid making tough decisions.

"As far as we know, no Americans have died. Lets pray it stays that way!"....says the network who prayed for as many Covid-19 deaths as possible when Trump was President.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Looks like we will be getting a comment from the pentagon soonish

I honestly think an empty podium is better than a shot with that fool standing behind it.

Looks like he may wandered off again.
edit on 26-8-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I thought about that, but that doesn't make much sense either since they could just have easily stayed put and cried that Biden is refusing to let them leave, or that the Taliban wasn't allowing them to leave. Which by all accounts was going on. Blowing up a bunch of people and shutting down an airport seems weird. This is just beyond me at this time. I can't figure out the agenda here.

On CNN just now, they were talking about how since the Taliban has taken over the larger cities in Afghanistan, they also released many prisoners, including ISIS and Al-Qaeda prisoners.

I suppose it could be possible that any suicide bombers could be a couple angry people just out seeking some revenge. Maybe not very likely, but possible.

That doesn't seem likely. Reports are this was a well-coordinated and planned attack.

How hard would a coordinated/planned attack be in a country with no police, criminals all over the place, a cellphone in every pocket, and bombs for sale on the local Craigs-list?

How hard would it be to float some explosives out to a US ship on a dingy and blow them up? Al Qaeda failed the first time they tried that. The Cole was their 2nd attempt.

Things are often harder than you think. Especially when the people trying to do it are 3rd world savages. Some of the leaders are well-educated. Most of the foot soldiers aren't.
edit on 26 8 21 by face23785 because: spelled Al Qaeda wrong again
every time I write that I spell it different

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That one big boom boom. Too big for a suicide vest.
mobile.twitter.com...
EDIT: Reports of a fake video.
edit on 26-8-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

wow!
thats huge

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

the explosions could be from US-made weapons and equipment captured by Taliban.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Hey, I got an idea...

How about we tell the Taliban to back up 50 or 100 miles or we blow the living sh!t out of them?

I got a better one... Why don't we use a secure military based with an airport and room to care for 10,000s within protected walls etc...

edit on 26-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
mobile.twitter.com...

Weird something was burning pretty good at first.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Coming from a stupid civilian. Why wouldn't we have secured the airport until everyone that need be evacuated is out or for that matter when did we even lose control of a international Airport??

How does any of this make sense?
edit on 26-8-2021 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

Let's keep this civil......
All rules for POLITE debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
mobile.twitter.com...

Weird something was burning pretty good at first.

That video looks more like a warehouse explosion resulting from a fire. I'm thinking it might be something unrelated to the Kabul explosions.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am going to bite my tongue on this one for the time being, because I'd end up banned if I don't. And maybe raising eyebrows of seasoned potty-mouthed truckers the world over. Like Ralphie's dad, the words would hang in space over Lake Michigan forever.

a reply to: CthruU

WW3 is not happening over Afghanistan.

Maybe not over Afghanistan directly, but perhaps over the fallout and ineptitude surrounding our pull-out failure. If enough allies get pissed and walk off, and enough foes get bold enough, this could be the catalyst for that possibility. How we present ourselves, as individuals AND countries, matters. If we don't look like a worthwhile investment anymore, well... Never say never, the world is high-strung as # right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Coming from a stupid civilian. Why wouldn't we have secured the airport until everyone that need be evacuated is out or for that matter when did we even lose control of a international Airport??

Because you have a man in charge who has "been wrong on every major foreign policy decision for 40 years," according to Obama's first Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.

He has no idea what he's doing and doesn't want to listen to the people who do.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Breaking: 4 U.S. Marine heroes killed in the blasts. - Reported by FoxNews.

Trump would send the Taliban a nice present after Americans are out.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I won't say anything is impossible. It's possible 30 seconds after you read this we all get killed by a gamma-ray burst.

But you have to understand the great power dynamics. During the Cold War, Russia and the US bent over backwards to avoid going to war with each other. The reason is because there is no winner in such a war. We would decimate each other back to the 17th Century.

The great powers make decisions based on what is in their best interest. No matter what regional issues are at stake, those stakes will never be high enough to make the consequences of war between the great powers worth it. It will never be in the US, Russia, China, etc.'s best interest to go to war with each other, for any reason.

Consequently, that's the entire reason behind trying to prevent the Irans and North Koreas of the world from becoming a major power. You can't count on wackos to make rational calculations like that. That's why they're so dangerous to the world order.

link   
The White House is trying to get President Biden to say something.

link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

Why wouldn't we be using a secured military base that could handle 10,000s while keeping troops there as we get people and equipment out first. My company had about 200 people over there and it was a mad dash to get them out without getting our equipment. We are the drones you see in the pictures....

Leaving AFG should had been a 6+ month event not a 3 week one.

edit on 26-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Spot on!!! The blood is on the hands of everyone who voted for a Democrap!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join