It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legends Diner in Denton to close after mask frustrations: ‘People just don’t want to comply’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Legends Diner in Denton — the restaurant that made national news for a sign threatening to charge customers a fee if they complain about masks — is closing at the end of August 2021.

“People just don’t want to comply, and I don’t think they will comply,” he says, looking at the problem from a big-picture sense.

He actually didn’t have a problem convincing customers to wear masks, he says. It was bigger than that.

“They don’t come talk to you in person about it,” he says. “They just want to put their feelings on social media.”

The diner has lost about $200,000 since 2020, according to our partners at NBCDFW.

Link
Of course the owner padded the reason for closing as being beyond his woke mentality citing hiring issues, costs, and even road construction.

In my opinion, the owner had every right to require masks in his privately owned business. If people didn't like the mask mandate, they didn't have to patronize the establishment...and they didn't. This is capitalism in action. The market decides and the people speak with their wallets.
Maybe if the owner hadn't been such an ass...

"Go woke, go broke?"

edit on 8/26/2021 by Klassified because: missing word

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Sing it LOUD, brother!!

GET WOKE, GO BROKE!

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good. We need to see a lot more businesses continue to fail before they get it through their thick heads. I hope someone opens a wildly successful diner that does not force masks in the same location so the previous owner can feel extra stupid. Trust me, he knows damn well why he lost that money and had to close.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

“They don’t come talk to you in person about it,” he says. “They just want to put their feelings on social media.”

Ugh. With that sign in the window I am not sure what he expected. Why do people do things and then act shocked when others react accordingly? It was a toss up on whether that would hurt or help his business. He played the wrong pony. Better luck next time.

Also totally agree with OP. He had the right to do what he wanted with his business. The free market just didn't smile upon him as much as he hoped it might with his virtue signaling sign. People are tired. So, so tired.
edit on 8262021 by HairForceOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Turn on, tune in, drop out

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Serves them right if they were not forced by the state. They are the enablers of this unbelievable brass move on our freedoms.

Market will regulate it, it mirrors the populations true stance regardless what the MSM is trying to sell to us.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Serves them right if they were not forced by the state. They are the enablers of this unbelievable brass move on our freedoms.

Market will regulate it, it mirrors the populations true stance regardless what the MSM is trying to sell to us.

As much as it pains me to see small Businesses struggle/go under, we don't need establishments like this.

Feel free to express opinion but don't be surprised if the MSM trough you've been feeding from makes you ill.

What I find really funny is the "NEW" surcharge. What was it before and did he really expect anyone to pay?

I'd be happy to rock up and pay for the debate (keep the food) but I fear it would be a one way conversation and a waste of breath.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

So if some lady wanted to go to a Church in Colorado bare breasted you'd be OK with that?

Just playing Devils advocate..

edit on 26-8-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Legends Diner in Denton — the restaurant that made national news for a sign threatening to charge customers a fee if they complain about masks — is closing at the end of August 2021.

Why wait till the end of August to close?

The owner is entitled to run their business as they wish though.

There are 4 other eateries right there, they are not forcing a mask mandate.

Shame this Legends drove themselves to the ground. The state wasn't forcing them.

edit on 26-8-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
I am not sure you understood my post because of your second paragraph but anyways, could be me.

Share a similar stance, it's the business decision if they want to inject their opinion into their business. It's like gay wedding cakes. Let them refuse. Or embrace. But deal with the consequences.

If someone would ask me to do a wrapping on their car with the printout "# jews" or "# gays" or whatever is against my own believe then it should be my right to refuse the work. I am not someones slave. But I would have to deal with the consequences. Today this would probably be a huge # storm.

So I don't applaud these business going out of business, I am not a schadenfreudian, really not but if it's because of their self imposed rules, well, the staff that has nothing to say is the looser, that's the only thing I care about in this case.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I love playing devils advocate, this example doesn't fit though.

My answer is:
Yes I would be okay with that, but most others probably not, definitely not the church members. So while I am okay with that myself, I would not do it out of respect.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Town of 2000 people in Southwest Michigan

2 Years ago 15 Restaurants

Yesterday 12

2 Never reopened

1 Suicide

1 New

Everything within miles closed Mondays and Tuesdays

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Good to hear people are refusing the burqa and woke businesses are paying for it.

Keep up the good work, people.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

So if some lady wanted to go to a Church in Colorado bare breasted you'd be OK with that?

Her choice. I might even admire the view.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Judging by the sign on the door...the owner is being a dick.

He's allowed to be a dick...but treating potential customers disrespectfully has repercussions.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Just playing Devils advocate..

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Share a similar stance, it's the business decision if they want to inject their opinion into their business. It's like gay wedding cakes. Let them refuse. Or embrace. But deal with the consequences.

I have no problem if customers boycott a business because of it's practices or the owner's beliefs. I DO have a problem when the Government ORDERS a business to go against it's practices or the owner's beliefs.

If I was the owner of that bakery, I'd have given an outrageous price for the cake. If they wanted to pay it, I'd make the cake. What was never mentioned was that they went to several bakeries until they found one that refused them. The other thing was that there was never a wedding.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Puts sign up charging people for talking in person about it....doesn't understand why nobody came to talk in person about it.

That's a special kind of stupid right there.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Same here. I may should have worded my post a bit different. I am not okay with the state forcing such mandates but trying to express that if it wasn't forced, the blame is on the owners.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
restaurants are funny.

they cater to people that stuff the product in their pie hole.
but i this place you have to cover your pie hole.

so, why would you go there to stuff product in your pie hole if you have to cover your pie hole.
Imma hungry - momma fix me a sammy an a beer.

And then the owner put an argumentative sign on the door.
arguing curbs my appetite.
and frankly, if someone puts mayo on my burger instead of mustard, I ain't eating there again.
and the mask debate pisses me off more than mayo.
why the # would I go there.

Besides "LEGENDS"? Who is kidding who?
That shop ain;t no legend. Its in Denton.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join