It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack IMMANENT - British intelligence - Advising people to get away from Kabul airport.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Maybe the alternative of staying at home would result in an inevitable arrest and detention by The Taliban?
Or possibly the prospect of a future under Taliban rule was just so horrific for many that the benefits of possibly getting into the airfield and escaping Afghanistan far outweighed the risks posed by camping outside regardless of how remote that chance was/is?

Yes, exactly! It’s a valid possibility that these particular Afghans didn’t know of the threat. But I imagine the majority of them knew and going anyway is proof of how bad the situation is if they stay. What an unimaginable choice to have to make for your family.

I heard an MP, who’s ex military, on the radio this morning (who btw is pro-staying to get everyone out) pointing out that if they’d begun the evacuation of people back in April when withdraw was announced, then the taliban would’ve simply moved in sooner. But surely the answer wasn’t ‘oh well, nothing we can do!’, but instead to move in the opposite direction: a massive insurgency of troops to keep the Taliban out while they evacuate and then a full withdraw.

Maybe i’ve oversimplified it, but more help, rather than less is surely the answer if we do indeed give a toss about our native allies on the ground there.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oh Well It Happened !!

Did you really just use that gif to announce an explosion that killed families? What an absolute fracking twat!

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I can't imagine how desperate these people must be if they prefer taking their family into the dangerous environment outside the airfield rather than staying at home.

But hey, we have it bad as well, we have to wear a mask some times.

The withdrawal should have been project managed like any complex operation with every stage mapped out etc.
There should have been clearly defined key stages, objectives and milestones with an agreed timeline.
The Taliban and other groups should have been informed of the process and the implications and recriminations if the withdrawal process was hampered in any way.

A cliche I know but it really isn't very hard at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Saturday August 28, 2021 10:20pm EDT

U.S. Government says there is now a "Specific Creditable Threat" against the Kabul airport.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

So why don't they reveal all they know? Bigger bragging rights.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join