It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack IMMANENT - British intelligence - Advising people to get away from Kabul airport.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Islamic State Khorosan Province - IS-K.

There are currently no details about the terrorist threat which has prompted Western countries to warn people away from Kabul international airport. However, in the past few days, there have been persistent reports that the so called Islamic State Khorasan Province are believed to have infiltrated Kabul.

Who are they?

Islamic State group operates in Afghanistan under the name of Khorasan Province (ISKP).

Khorasan refers to a historical region covering parts of modern-day Afghanistan and Pakistan.

ISKP was announced in January 2015 and is reportedly primarily made up of former members of the Pakistani Taliban and the Afghan Taliban.

It is far more hardline than the Afghan Taliban, and the two are sworn enemies. The group considers Taliban militants “apostates”, making their killing lawful under their interpretation of Islamic law.

IS condemned the 29 February 2020 peace agreement between the US and the Taliban in Afghanistan, vowing to continue to fight.

It also dismissed the recent Taliban takeover in Afghanistan, saying the US handed them the country as part of a secret deal.

ISKP suffered major military defeats in late 2019 and the capture of senior leaders in April 2020.

Since then, however, it bounced back, claiming responsibility for scores of attacks in a surge of violence that came while peace talks between the Taliban and the government had been taking place.

ISKP initially included Afghanistan and Pakistan. However, in May 2019, IS declared a separate new “Pakistan Province”.

ISKP also claimed responsibility for an attack in Iran in September 2018.

Since its establishment, ISKP has said it has carried out regular deadly attacks across Afghanistan. It has been mostly active in the eastern province of Nangarharand in the capital Kabul, but it has also claimed attacks in the provinces of Kunar, Jowzjan, Paktia, Kunduz and Herat.

ISKP has targeted Afghan security forces, Afghan politicians and ministries, the Taliban, religious minorities including Shia Muslims and Sikhs, US and Nato forces, and international agencies including aid organisations.

www.bbc.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Wouldn't surprise me if an attack were to happen with all those people in one mass group. In fact, I was a little surprised when I saw the first planes taking off that a suicide bomber hadn't got through and onto a plane.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Wouldn't surprise me if an attack were to happen with all those people in one mass group. In fact, I was a little surprised when I saw the first planes taking off that a suicide bomber hadn't got through and onto a plane.

I've been shocked none have been fired on with any RPGs as they take off.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Let me guess...

Aug 31 - 'We had planes waiting for them at the airport, but they never came, so we had to leave without them.

Heh heh, but if they show up...you'll be the first one I call!'

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oh Well It Happened !!

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep, right on schedule...

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Amazing. Can’t say they didn’t know it was coming.

Biden is on his way to making Carter look like a reasonably solid POTUS.

May our thoughts be with those service members we lost today and their families.

They died due to incompetent leadership. Afghanistan has been a mess for a long, long time. However, the bungling of this drawdown and the blood that is being spilled is squarely on the hands of this administration.

It’s time to take the political handcuffs off and send in the necessary forces, unconstrained, to get our fellow American’s out of harms way. Now.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I gave you your first star.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I gave you your first star.

Welcome to ATS.

Appreciate it!

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

What about the gajillions of snip sitting around across the country? Don't tell me DONT TELL ME that we deserted posts with infrastructure in place?? Who is in charge here?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What 'woke' POS Pentagon desk General is going to make that call?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
For those who can not watch the video www.theguardian.com...

Islamic state claims responsibility for 12 US soldiers killed and 15 injured. 60 Afghans/civilians dead.. two suicide bombers..

Idiot state department/Biden policies

These numbers are changing as they get stuff sorted out. 13 US soldiers are now dead. One is to many IMO
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
At least his tweets are nice.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Islamic state claims responsibility for 12 US soldiers killed and 15 injured. 60 Afghans/civilians dead.. two suicide bombers..

These numbers are changing as they get stuff sorted out. 13 US soldiers are now dead. One is to many IMO

Don’t underestimate bidens ability to f# things up, he owns this # , he even told me so.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: 727Sky

Don’t underestimate bidens ability to f# things up, he owns this # , he even told me so.

U.S. President Joe Biden is vowing to hit ISIS-K hard in Afghanistan.

Biden Vows to Avenge American Deaths: www.nbcnews.com...

Hopefully he waits until the evacuations are completed, and then sends in the exploding drones.

From 2019 - Here is a good USA Today write-up about the growing danger to the U.S., from the ISIS-K terrorist group, based out of Afghanistan.

April 2019 - Intel Warns of Emerging ISIS-K: www.usatoday.com...

Go get em Joe!

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   
A couple days back the US are being criticised around the world for their disorganised withdraw and for refusing to wait until they’ve gotten all the innocents out.

Now they’re making heroic statements that despite the attack not leaving yet.

Very convenient.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Just watched this vid posted an hour ago.

Armed forces Minister says there is an immanent threat to the airport and anyone trying to get there.

Advises people to evacuate the area with immediate effect. This is not good, and I am genuinely anxious for these poor people

What's the word on the ground from the American intelligence? I assume the same?

youtu.be...

I guess the internet is bad in Kabul, so very few Afghan citizens knew of this warning, which is why 165 of them were killed by the suicide bomber, less than 24 hours after the warning?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That’s a good point!

Or maybe they knew and appreciated the gravity of the warning, but the risk of dire consequences if they did not escape is that bad that they felt they had know choice but to risk the airport anyway.

Simply going to the airport is an enormous risk for them, since it identifies each individual and family as ‘enemies’ of the Taliban. Should they not get on a plane they’re left to wait for the repercussions of their effort.

This isn’t directed at you - just a frustrated rant about the pontificating from a great distance that a section of 1st world internet warriors tend to do at times like this… a general lack of humility when it comes judging from a safe distance. People in the 1st world are throwing their toys out of the buggy because a pandemic means giving up a few luxuries and temporarily wearing masks. These people have been getting tortured and bombed to #e by greedy bastards for decades, so if they’re desperate enough to do something despite warnings I’m betting there’s a very good reason.

After all it was the taliban/isis that apparently issued the warning, so surely word would’ve gone round on the ground in Kabul, internet access or not..

Of course word wouldn’t have gone round at all if that warning in fact began as a plan in the Pentagon to win back some of that lost dignity and status after the shambolic, derided withdraw - Saigon 2.0. Then it makes sense that the locals in Kabul would only know if they had internet access.

edit on 28-8-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Simply going to the airport is an enormous risk for them, since it identifies each individual and family as ‘enemies’ of the Taliban.

Maybe the alternative of staying at home would result in an inevitable arrest and detention by The Taliban?
Or possibly the prospect of a future under Taliban rule was just so horrific for many that the benefits of possibly getting into the airfield and escaping Afghanistan far outweighed the risks posed by camping outside regardless of how remote that chance was/is?

You are right in pointing out the faux outrage expressed by many over relatively minor first world problems etc and the harsh reality faced by millions in places like Afghanistan.
It should really make us take a step backwards and have a bit of a reality check.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join