It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Severity is Linked to an Enzyme Similar To Rattlesnake Venom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Apparently what seems to be causing death in most Covid cases is a surge in the human body of "sPLA2-IIA enzyme". This enzyme is normally found in the human body in small amounts in healthy people to combat bacterial infections.

But what leads up to death in Covid patients is that sPLA2-IIA enzyme builds up or is realeased in such high amounts that it destroys cell membranes and organs.

The sPLA2-IIA enzyme is very similar to an enzyme in rattlesnake venom.

A single enzyme shown to be a primary predictor of COVID-19 severity

Scientists from the University of Arizona, Stony Brook University, and Wake Forest University School of Medicine have reported findings that the enzyme phospholipase A2 group IIA, referred to as sPLA2-IIA, may be the most important factor in predicting which patients with severe COVID-19 eventually succumb to the virus.

The sPLA2-IIA enzyme is similar to one contained in rattlesnake neurotoxin as it can destroy cell membranes and is usually found in low concentrations in healthy individuals since it is a key defense against bacterial infection.

At high levels, the activated enzyme can shred membranes of vital organs, as Floyd Chilton, senior author on the paper and director of the University of Arizona Precision Nutrition and Wellness Initiative describes:

It's a bell-shaped curve of disease resistance versus host tolerance. In other words, this enzyme is trying to kill the virus, but at a certain point it is released in such high amounts that things head in a really bad direction, destroying the patient's cell membranes and thereby contributing to multiple organ failures and death."

Chilton"

Enzyme related to rattlesnake neurotoxin linked with COVID-19 infection severity

Kind of interesting that an enzyme related to rattlesnake venom seems to be what causes severe Covid cases and death.

From the beginning of the pandemic in 2020, I had the gut instinct to try and find natural plants that combat rattlesnake venom. The two most efficient plants to combat rattlesnake venom are sage (salvia oficinalis) and rattlesnake master (eryngium yuccifolium).

A well researched article on what plants combat rattlesnake venom is posted on the NIH website.

An in vitro evaluation of the Native American ethnomedicinal plant Eryngium yuccifolium as a treatment for snakebite envenomation

So my gut instinct to find and collect plants to combat rattlesnake venom which might also be useful to fight Covid...that odd gut instinct might be correct.

For some odd reason, I've thought that perhaps the blue or purple subspecies of the eryngium plant family might be more useful like sea holly or thistle. Not sure why I think the blue or purple species might work better.

But if it is this enzyme being released in the body to fight Covid which leads to death because the enzyme is similar to rattlesnake venom, then it would stand to reason that the appropriate course of treatment would be sage (salvia oficinalis) and/or rattlesnake master (eryngium yuccifolium) and/or other subspecies of the eryngium family.

edit on 8/26/21 by Hefficide because: Moved article link out of quoted text to repair hyperlink.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Cool. Is it something you would take supplementary, or is it only for if you have COVID?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

Because it is a neurotoxin?

The sPLA2-IIA enzyme is similar to one contained in rattlesnake neurotoxin as it can destroy cell membranes and is usually found in low concentrations in healthy individuals since it is a key defense against bacterial infection.

Or is it similar in other ways as well? Because there are quite a few neurotoxic enzymes and they really aren't all the same. But maybe one that works for snakebite would work for them all.

But who knows? It could happen. Maybe you could look into the actual enzymes involved rather than relying on a media article. Because, in general, the media are not very good at science. Would you agree?

edit on 8/26/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What’s science?

You really should help me design my set pieces for my New comic book. You would like the science, and it’s funny because it somewhat involves an artificially created enzyme that does stuff and things.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So I wonder if there is a way to lessen the amount of 'sPLA2-IIA enzyme' being produced in the body of an infected person. If so, wouldn't that possibly be a game-changer, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We've always said there has to be a reason 99% of the population has zero to mild symptoms, and then that 1 person out of 10000 just BAM gets knocked into intensive care and dies. Glad some groups are at least out there trying to save lives. I hope more break thru's continue.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
PLA enzyme?

Oh, the irony is rich here.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Because, in general, the media are not very good at science. Would you agree?

our leaders are not very good at science. Would you agree?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is very interesting …. I drink Greek mountain tea regularly …. Sideritis syriaca . I have given this tea to several friends of mine in the past 2 years who have been really sick . Not sure if with covid or not , but bed ridden sick . And in 2 days of drinking the tea a few cups a day , they were fine . …I’m not saying this will kill corona virus or keep you from getting it , but it seems to be a very beneficial tea .

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the proteases in pineapple and grapefruit should be able to destroy that enzyme. Enzymes are proteins and some other enzymes can destroy them. I know that Kiwi fruit has an enzyme that helps to destroy the papain class enzymes which this virus uses to get into the cells. This enzyme chemistry may also be destroyed by that enzyme, proteases do have specific things they break down. I would put my money on Bromelain type enzymes breaking down that enzyme. Bromelain can be used to block inflammation from many sources. Bromelain is actually a coctail of enzymes in the protease class, which can also work for breaking down things that are not proteins. But bromelain does break down amylase which is used to break down plant fibers in the body. so you have to know what you are doing. Don't start overeating grapefruit and pineapple, but they do have good properties if you use them when you need them. You do not take aspirins when you don't need them.

By the way, cox one and two inhibitors do deactivate the pathway so aspirin will lower the risk. Kind of explains why older people who take a baby aspirin every day are less apt to die from Covid 19

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 01:06 AM
link   

a reply to: MapMistress

Because it is a neurotoxin?

Or is it similar in other ways as well? Because there are quite a few neurotoxic enzymes and they really aren't all the same. But maybe one that works for snakebite would work for them all.

But who knows? It could happen. Maybe you could look into the actual enzymes involved rather than relying on a media article. Because, in general, the media are not very good at science. Would you agree?

True. The media not only botches the science but tends to explain it wrong.

I think the only way to test it would be to repeat the test that they did with rattlesnake venom, BUT replace the rattlesnake venom with the sPLA2-IIA enzyme. Then test the efficiency of salvia-oficinalis and eryngium yuccifolium on the sPLA2-IIA enzyme to see if it reduces the enzyme that causes so much damage shredding the organs.

The only way to stop the sPLA2-IIA enzyme from doing so much damage is to find something that reduces it. Salvia-oficinalis and eryngium yuccifolium as well as other subspecies of eryngium are good candidates for enzyme reduction.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
This is very interesting …. I drink Greek mountain tea regularly …. Sideritis syriaca . I have given this tea to several friends of mine in the past 2 years who have been really sick . Not sure if with covid or not , but bed ridden sick . And in 2 days of drinking the tea a few cups a day , they were fine . …I’m not saying this will kill corona virus or keep you from getting it , but it seems to be a very beneficial tea .

I was wondering about sideritus syriaca or Cretan Mountain Tea. It's supposed to be good at flu and cold treatments but also for breathing ailments and asthma. I wonder if it helps with Covid breathing problems as well.

The other Cretan plant that I thought might be useful is sorbus umbellata. It too is supposed to be antimicrobial, antibacterial, antiviral and used for asthma and other breathing ailments. I thought maybe sorbus umbellata might be a good Covid treatment.

Besides, sorbus umbellata has been used as medicine for over 4000 years. It grows in Crete, Balkans, Caucaus into Israel. I always think of it as the "Tree of Life" associated with serpent imagery of medicine. The little berries of the tree are called "militses" which means "little apples". While most people think the fig tree represents the fruit that Eve ate, I figure Eve ate the militses (little apples) of sorbus umbellata which gave her knowledge.

On Crete, there is an old Minoan ritual and festival for the tree associated with Cretan Rhea in her titan serpent goddess medicinal healing form. Can't go wrong with a medicinal plant used for 4000 years.

However, it is sage or salvia oficinalis that works against rattlesnake venom. Greek sage is supposed to be the most potent. Crete has other sage species that might be worth looking at like salvia pomifera pomifera.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Like the same officials who had rushed the mRNA vaxs into most of the populations as well? i agree.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Maybe you could look into the actual enzymes involved rather than relying on a media article. Because, in general, the media are not very good at science. Would you agree?

Hey. Here's one from MSM that actually does an excellent job explaining how the enzymes in severe Covid hospitalizations are similar to rattlesnake venom.

Video link
UArizona study found enzyme in COVID deaths similar to rattlesnake venom

UArizona researchers said they found an enzyme which may help drive COVID-19 severe illnesses and death and it's similar to an enzyme found in rattlesnake venom.

The study made a big discovery of two changing molecule patterns in severely ill COVID-19 patients and those dying from the disease, and that has changed things for researchers. "One we expected, which was energy dysfunction, but a second we didn't expect. And the second we didn't expect were products of this enzyme," said University of Arizona professor Floyd Chilton.

Chilton is part of a study by multiple universities just published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation that found in extremely ill COVID-19 patients, a very similar enzyme that's found in rattlesnake venom was found in these patients, and at astronomical levels that could be causing the death.

"We saw the highest levels of this enzyme we've ever seen in humans and those patients died from the disease," Chilton said. "It's very similar to the rattlesnake and it has many similar properties and much of the biology is the same."

Chilton said normally in humans, this enzyme actually fights off infection, but over their year and a half long study, they found in the second half of the COVID-19 infection in severely ill people, the enzyme was doing a 180 and attacking the body instead. "It's wiping the organs out, participating in multiple organ failure," Chilton said.

This insight could save lives because there are inhibitors for rattlesnake bites that stop the venom from continuing a chemical reaction in the body. In theory, that could be applied to this enzyme with COVID-19 too.

So going back on my gut instinct that for some odd reason I thought that medicinal plants that help with rattlesnake venom might help Covid....I found some of my old research.

Eryngium Yuccifolium or Rattlesnake Master - Been used by Native American tribes for thousands of years as a cure to rattlesnake venom. Used by tribes like the Cherokee, Choctaw, and Chickasaw. In scientific research eryngium yuccifolium is a true anti-venom and does inhibit the damage caused by rattlesnake venom.

-----
Like I said, for some odd reason I thought that blue and purple species of eryngium might work better. Have no idea why I think that. So the species I was looking at were...

Eryngium Planum or Sea Holly

Eryngium Zabellii or Big Blue Sea Holly

Eryngium Maritimum or Seaside Holly - although this one was seen as an aphrodisiac in England

Eryngium Bourgatii or Mediterranean Sea Holly

Eryngium Alpinum or Alpine Eryngium also called Queen of the Alps

And then I was looking at Arizona desert variations of eryngium species. I was actually wanting to start a greenhouse to grow them, medicinal quality. Was going to use basalt soil and volcanic ash. Too bad I still don't have the funding. Could have saved lives.

-----
Then I was looking at other species of sage. The rattlesnake venom research only looked at Common Sage or Salvia Oficinalis. And common sage is a very effective anti-venom to rattlesnake venom.

I was wondering if there was a sage species that might be better for Covid.

I looked at some Sonoran desert sage plants- wild. And wondered why there has not been any research on them as anti-venom to rattlesnake venom.

Then the sage that caught my eye was from Crete. My gut instinct says there's something special about this sage.

Salvia Pomifera or Apple Sage or Kriti Sage

Historically a medicine with antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Been used in medicine for probably 4000 years or more. Can't go wrong there.

top topics

join