It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saints Tickets Are Selling For Less Than $1 After Team Requires Fans be Vaccinated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
actual title

Saints Tickets Are Selling For Less Than $1 After The Team Requires Fans To Be Vaccinated Or Have A Negative COVID-19 Test

Love to see this .

This is what it is going to take to stop this madness, We have to just not comply.

Flip them the bird and say well you can just #### right off .

The New Orleans Saints tickets for are selling for less than 1$ LMFAO after they announce fans must be vaccinated or take a covid test to attend.

Tickets to the Saints/Jaguars game are outrageously cheap.

The Saints are playing the first game in the NFL to require fans to be vaccinated or provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test. What has that done to ticket prices for Monday night? Driven them straight into the ground

dailycaller.com...

How awesome is that ?

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Does anyone even watch football anymore?

I have to lol at them.

lol

Get woke, go broke.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Not seeing $1 anywhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Get woke, go broke.

that would look great on a t-shirt or bumper sticker

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
Not seeing $1 anywhere.

It's in the title of the link provided in the OP

Saints Tickets Are Selling For Less Than $1 After The Team Requires Fans To Be Vaccinated Or Have A Negative COVID-19 Test

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well it is only pre-season game.

If they are that cheap for a regular season game, they might be in trouble.
edit on 25-8-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The team doesn't care about the aftermarket ticket prices, those tickets were sold at full value to season ticket holders either last year or earlier this year.

The attendance was 69,170 for a meaningless preseason game in a facility that has a standard capacity of 73,208.

edit on 25-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   

As a former die-hard Saints fan, I love to see this. LSU, unfortunately, is requiring the same thing and that hurts me right in the big ol heart. I haven't watched the Saints in a few years, but I was always able to watch my Tigers. I wonder if this will effect Tiger Nation at all. We were fed up with New Orleans a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: GravitySucks
Not seeing $1 anywhere.

It's in the title of the link provided in the OP

I repeat, I'm not seeing tickets on sale for $1 anywhere, nevermind less than a dollar.

link   
The bloated and obscene licensing, marketing and TV contracts have somewhat detached sports leagues, particularly the NFL, from the market economics of game attendance.

I'm sure that the league stakeholders are a bit anxious about this, but they have heaps and heaps of cash from other revenue streams (see Sunday NFL Ticket and Redzone Channel).

Even if attendance drops from this policy in the regular season, which I'm guessing it will, as long as the amount of paying live customers doesn't complete crater, say only drops by 10-15-25%, it won't IMHO be enough to gravely wound the league financially.

Just think of it this way, once the tickets get that cheap, the league can then just get those they prefer to be in attendance vaccinated, bus them to the game, and complete the quest to Wokinate the entire sport.

I don't really care anymore. The sport I loved and grew up playing into college has gone off the rails, in every sense, from the field level (changes in rules) all the way up to the owner suites (Woke/COVID friendly). It's not the same game to me anymore.

link   
I hope all sporting events that go this route bottom out.

It's time for the public to speak with their pocketbook and lack of presence at events like this.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Unsure how big of a team they are but hope it has a knock on effect to the players paychecks.. so they can do the convicing of squashing these stupid ideas. .

Ua reply to: sciencelol

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A lot of private companies, along with the state and federal government, will be damaged by these Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

Less revenue for all of them, due to individuals taking their money elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How did the Saints lose revenue on tickets they already sold?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

As a former die-hard Saints fan, I love to see this. LSU, unfortunately, is requiring the same thing and that hurts me right in the big ol heart. I haven't watched the Saints in a few years, but I was always able to watch my Tigers. I wonder if this will effect Tiger Nation at all. We were fed up with New Orleans a long time ago.

At least you got to see your tigers with one last great team and win the title b4 this bs all started .

edit on 25-8-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna poison demselves just to see dem Saints?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: carewemust

How did the Saints lose revenue on tickets they already sold?

Good question... one which has been asked innumerous times when teams argue that scalpers and ticket resell sites undercut their profit margins. Those claims by teams have routinely been upheld in the courts over that issue soooooooooo it stands to reason that if a scalper slinging $40 tickets for $40 hurts the team's profits, then a scalper selling the $40 ticket for $1 must really sting.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That it typically owing to the fact that many teams have started their own ticket exchange programs so they can double dip.

My point still stands though, those tickets were sold at full value to a season ticket holder already.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They’ll lose money this way… ticket is sold to a season ticket holder… that guy has money… he comes to the games… loves to live large… top shelf drinks… top dollar food items… tips well…

Now Joe Woke buys that ticket for a dollar… doesn’t care about the game just wants to prove the “bad orange man supporters” they’re wrong… he goes to the game… buys no souvenirs… takes a piss in the sink… and wall… buys a couple Natty Ice pounders that he later pukes on the concourse… and gets into a heated exchange with an usher when he winds up in the wrong seats…

Anyway… these policies will screw them one way or another… toss in the “second national anthem” and the kneeling and the still to this day “Kapernick deserves a shot” crap and they’re done,,, NASCAR has done the same thing for decades wanting to be Formula One instead of their bread and butter…

Maybe nobody can find a dollar ticket now (possibly because they were gobbled up shortly after a story about them went live… but nah)… maybe the ratings won’t double digit drop again… maybe the league won’t run itself into the ground by slowly becoming the NERFL… but hey… ask straw man questions and deny reality for the sake of progressivism…

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

The 'top shelf' stuff is in the luxury boxes, not in the concourses. General seating gets access to what they serve in those sections.

And speaking of a strawman, your entire argument was a strawman. My point is valid, the team sold the tickets, months ago, for full value. Your argument is predicated on the exact detailed scenario taking place for anyone who purchased a third party ticket which is unverifiable in this case.

edit on 25-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: I'm a Q-Cumber posting from the future

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join