It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews do not accept Jesus because he did not fulfill all messianic prophecy. Here is a Revelation!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Well, Jesus said that anyone who rejects him... And if I believe that Jesus is God and that Jews worship God, are they rejecting him or simply being unaware of some of his actions? Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

You seem to have misunderstood what happened to the old covenant. It wasn't erased in the 1st century AD. It was modified. You need to read Romans 11 and Leviticus 26. What they did to it was they erased the part about animal sacrifices. Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross is the substitution for animal sacrifices. Otherwise it's unchanged.

Not true at all.

Hebrews_8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews_12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Jesus is the mediator of His new covenant and it was His blood that was sprinkled. Hebrews 12:24 is very plain on that.

The temple authorities did not ban animal sacrifice and actually had nothing to do with it. It was James the brother of Jesus who was the Nasi of the first Jesus movement who banned animal sacrifice. The temple authorities were Sadducees and being so had no belief in an afterlife. Having no belief in the afterlife would therefore require no belief in any covering authority for sin. To them Sin was controlled by cultured law. The only reason the Jew of today does not have animal sacrifice is that they have no Temple and have no Torah authority but if they had their temple they would start their slaughtering in a heart beat.

The truth of the matter lays with the Roman slaughtering of the Jews and their temple in 135AD. Without a Temple they are lost till it is restored. The church of James which was given to him by Jesus, is but a hand full today. They are the true Messianic Jews.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What may I do understand the new covenant if all old is out? The following I posted in another thread:

Jesus did fulfil the law. One is the laws was not to Murder, if I am in Christ and have serial-killer impulses, should I ignore that old law? No. Absolutely now. Then again the Holy spirit will useally take care of that in you if it is in you as you are in Christ. The holy spirit guides us with the law being live streamed into our hearts. God told me to stop eating pork, so I stopped. If he has not told you the same, that's between you and him.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GolgothaBridge

Well, Jesus said that anyone who rejects him... And if I believe that Jesus is God and that Jews worship God, are they rejecting him or simply being unaware of some of his actions? Just a thought.

“If you do not believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.” - Jesus

The “He” is YHWH, God. Just as Romans 10:9-13 says, you must believe that Jesus is LORD (YHWH) and confess with your mouth to be saved. And in v13, “for everyone who calls upon the Name of the LORD (YHWH) shall be saved.”

Jesus is the Word of God, He is YHWH the Son in the flesh.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Curious why you said above that Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed in 135AD. Titus and 4 Roman legions destroyed it in 70AD.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Oh. Good point.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GolgothaBridge

The only Jews that I can understand are the Messianic Jews. The Messianic Jews are actually the Nazarens of the first century synagogue of James who taught their congregation that Jesus is the Messiah and the begotten Son of God. They did not claim that Jesus was God but Jesus was begotten from God and given creative power just as the apostle John has described.

Now according to the apostles, there is a immediate judgment after death and each dead soul must be justified to enter paradise. No person can foretell his/her judgment so it left to what ever each of us want to believe. The national Jewish orthodoxy proclaims that Jesus is not the Son of God nor is He the Messiah so if anyone embraces this doctrine then that is what they must believe. Personally I abide in the Christ Jesus as my Messiah and as the begotten Son of God.

Jesus stood trial for that very same accusation and declared that He was the Son of God but not God. The court of seventy one found him as the Son of God but not God by a count of 40 to 31.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Curious why you said above that Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed in 135AD. Titus and 4 Roman legions destroyed it in 70AD.

The Roman Emperor Hadrian was in power in 132-136. Few Christians are aware of this Bar Kokhba revolt of 135. Jerusalem was destroyed, burned and plowed under. The people were then scattered throughout the Roman provinces and thousands were murdered. The temple was actually destroyed and broken into rocks.

Even after Hadrian died the remaining Jews who were discovered as being Jews were murdered Many promenant Jews settled in Babylon. The Jews were without a Temple till Ezra the scribe was permitted to rebuild Jerusalem. This temple was empowered till the days of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I’m well aware of the third Jewish revolt, I think you are mixing the third and first revolt. The second temple was destroyed in 70 AD, there was a temple to Jupiter standing on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem in 136 AD.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

“If you do not believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.” - Jesus

Yes the “He” is God. But you fail to identify the "I AM". The "I AM" is the witness that exist in YOU, that is God. You cannot believe in the witness unless you have experienced the witness. You cannot experience the witness unless you surrender everything that stands before the witness ... "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me"

Understand that God was never born, nor can ever die .... God doesn't exist in time. So anything that exist in time, that is born or dies, is not God. The witness in you cannot die. If you exist as the witness you will no longer face death. if you instead exist as your mind/body that exist in time, you will die when your mind/body dies.

If you understand me correctly you will understand that God is nearer to you than your self.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

No. The “I AM” is the voice from the burning bush to Moses, the Word of God. That is still Jesus, the Son of God. The Word of God made flesh. He is the great I AM.

And God is omnipresent, He’s everywhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Then what do you call that which Paul described as "Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?" the NOT I AM? The Image of man that was created in the image of God? the NOT Image of God.

"God is omnipresent, He’s everywhere." Then why do you say Jesus is God made flesh. If he is everywhere then everything is God made flesh.

Jesus did not come to give you, your worth. Jesus came to teach you, your worth.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Then what do you call that which Paul described as "Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?"

That’s called being born again under the new covenant. God makes our spirit alive where it was once dead in trespasses and sins, and He also puts His Holy Spirit inside of us so we can walk in the Spirit and keep His commandments. See Ezekiel 36:26-27 👇

“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put MY SPIRIT within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”

When you are born again, or “born of Spirit and water” as Jesus said in John chapter 3 you at that moment of belief and trust in Christ you become the temple of the Holy Spirit, at the moment of conversion He takes up residence in your new spirit. Paul says in Ephesians 1:13 this happens at the very moment of belief, where we are “sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise” (see Ezekiel 35:26-27 above for that promise). Ephesians 1:13 👇

“In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,”

the NOT I AM?

Yahweh’s divine title is “I Am that I Am”, your’s isn’t.

The Image of man that was created in the image of God? the NOT Image of God.

We were created in God’s image, not vice versa. He is Creator, we are created.

"God is omnipresent, He’s everywhere." Then why do you say Jesus is God made flesh.

Because Jesus is the Son of God who manifested in the flesh at the incarnation. The Father was still omnipresent, so was the Holy Spirit. Yahweh didn’t stop being God because the Son was made manifest in the flesh.

If he is everywhere then everything is God made flesh.

That’s the “Pantheism” heresy, God reveals to us that He is transcendent above and outside all His creation.

Jesus did not come to give you, your worth. Jesus came to teach you, your worth.

Jesus laid down His life for His friends, He only came here to make atonement for sin.
edit on 8 29 2021 by NOTurTypical because: Errors

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I need to buy another PC or a laptop.

And some VR...

Yeah, but we became friends out of it. I love ya bro, and one day or another I’ll get you to accept Christ and get it over with and join the beloved.

Accepted Him long ago... Just not as you have...

I think God’s timing is perfect,

this is true... and i misspoke there

Things happen exactly as they're supposed to...

His prime goal was atonement.

ah yes... the blood of the innocent

Never was what the Real God wanted... leads us back to your OT god

God isn’t, only people with a superficial understanding of the OT think that. God is not only love, mercy and grace, he is also holy, wrath and judgment. His mercies and grace do not continue forever with people who refuse to repent and stop their wicked ways or idolatry. Wrath is a form of the emotion of love, or a natural byproduct of it. The opposite of love is fear, not wrath. If a man molests my little girl love for her requires my wrath or I don’t actually love her.

And this leads me down the gnostic path... where the truth of the OT god is revealed...

Don't get me wrong im no gnostic but... they had the right idea...

why do you think this world needed them destroyed... but they survived

Truth! But God still cannot forgive sins without a payment

Only debt i we owe to said god is our physical being... and i certainly didn't ask for this... but perhaps i did... we did...

Say some 42ish years ago.... maybe? Except your people believe this is the first and only time we've been here...

And i reject that idea completely

We're more then just this physical being... which is slowly being shown by sciences

Being with the Father. Jesus is the Son of God, who came to Earth as truly God and truly man to atone for the sins of all mankind.

But only Johns book says that... and again, its quite different then the books before it...

Or in lukes case... those that actually were there...

Subservient to the Father as His Son, but still of the Divine essence. All members of the Godhead are subservient to the other members at different points in the Bible.

When was the Father subservient to the Son?

Been through that book a lot of times man... i don't remember that part

The Father serves the Son, the Son serves the Father, the Holy Spirit serves the Son and the Father, and so on throughout the Bible, a perpetual, eternal, perfect circle of perfect love.

No...

The Son serves the Father... the Father never has served the son but only gives on to Him.....

As he gives to us... as we are one with him...

edit on 29-8-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Akragon

We've been down this road a hundred times before, but if I must repeat myself, the Bible says that God gave all power and authority to judge and give life to Jesus. Jesus is the Creator and the Judge. You claim to believe in the gospels, but you have ignored most everything written in them. Go read the book of John again.

Seems to always end the same way too...

such hostility, but it has been years.. and i appreciate you too Deetermined

Some just stick... lol

ask yourself... is there equality in your trinity?

Did the Father not Give on to the Son and not vice versa...

I don't need to read any of the 4 books "again"... but perhaps you should... and look a little closer

By the way, the part about no man goes to heaven is for a couple of reasons. First, flesh and blood will not be entering heaven, as man has corrupted it. We are given new heavenly bodies.

Second, Jesus is creating a new heaven and earth for us to be able to live with him, not the place from where Jesus originally came.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the verse quoted...

edit on 29-8-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I hope not. I don't want the only true "I AM that I AM" to experience the hell in which I am certain to re-experience. I am sorry for wasting your time. I need to keep my mundane thoughts to myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

When was the Father subservient to the Son?

The Father orders everything created, even the angels to worship the Son. Consider how God speaks everywhere else in the Bible about idolatry:

”And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. - Hebrews 1:6

We also know from the Bible that God says He will never give His glory to another (created being)..

”I AM YHWH, that is My Name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.” - Isaiah 42:8

Yet in Jesus’ prayer we know that He was glorified and shared in Yahweh’s glory from eternity past, before the universe was created..

”And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.” - John 17:5

The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit are Yahweh. Jesus is the Word of God, three distinct Persons, yet one God.

And no, the Gnostics were heretics. The NT writers refuted their teachings, and so did the early church fathers, Irenaeus specifically in “Against Heresies” in 156 AD. In Alexandria Egypt, their headquarters, they manufactured two Greek NT manuscripts which differ some 4,000 times from the Textus Receptus MSS, they removed words and verses they didn’t agree with.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

But only Johns book says that... and again, its quite different then the books before it...

Oh, I forgot to address this. I’ve seen you mention this point in another thread and it reminded me that I forgot to explain this there..

The Holy Spirit who inspired the writers of scripture has a different theme/purpose in presenting Jesus in the 4 gospel accounts.

Gospel acd to John: Son of God
Gospel acd to Mark: The Servant
Gospel acd to Matthew: King of the Jews
Gospel acd to Luke: the Son of Man

Although all the gospel records present Jesus as divine, it’s more inferred and subtle in the synoptics. For example, He accepts worship even though in His temptation with Satan He says only it is written only God shall be worshipped. Or He forgives sin even though the OT says only God can forgive sin. Or still He walks on water and commands the weather when the OT Yahweh walks on the seas and commands the weather.

John was written last sometime in 94-96 AD, some 30+ years after the other 3 gospel accounts. John adds many things the other gospel accounts never mention, this is because the synoptic gospels only record Jesus’s last year of His ministry, John records all three years. John also had the benefit of writing his gospel account after his vision on Patmos of Jesus as the Alpha and Omega, God. So when John writes his gospel before he dies as a record of the life of Jesus on Earth he has the benefit of reading the other gospel records, and presents Jesus as the Son of God, highlighting His divinity.

But ALL the apostles believed and taught this in their epistles, not just John. Here is an example from Peter:

”Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:” - 2 Peter 1:1

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

I hope not. I don't want the only true "I AM that I AM" to experience the hell in which I am certain to re-experience. I am sorry for wasting your time. I need to keep my mundane thoughts to myself.

You also need to stop blaspheming. You aren’t God.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Seede I’m well aware of the third Jewish revolt, I think you are mixing the third and first revolt. The second temple was destroyed in 70 AD, there was a temple to Jupiter standing on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem in 136 AD.

Yes you are correct. In 70 CE the Temple was destroyed but not plowed under. In 135 CE all of Jerusalem including the destroyed temple of 70 CE was actually plowed under and literally broken into stones. This was the temple of Jesus's day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join